Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Penang COVID-19 Infections

views

ScooterBoi
post Oct 26 2020, 09:46 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

Just because of one customer - tested positive days later, the outlet was ordered to close for 2 weeks, and its staff have to undergo covid test and then self quaranine for 14 days.

The customer dine-in or take-away? Most likely the former.

Maybe the dessert cafe will closed its dine-in area, and allow only take-away when it reopens.

If any of the staff is tested positive, another round of contact tracing...

ScooterBoi
post Oct 28 2020, 02:28 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(Koranshita @ Oct 28 2020, 02:04 PM)
wearing a mask will protect ownself.. else why the doc and nurse are wearing even not during pandemic
It is better than nothing...

People likes to make general statement as if it applys to all circumstances.

There are different types of masks, different usage, and different environments.

If out walking or shopping, then the common 3-ply mask is good enough to protect yourself if you are just passing by others, eventhough they are not wearing masks. It is not as if you are out shopping 8 hours long...

Better still, don't open any conversation or talk with anyone... keep it short when talking to security guards or cashiers.

----+----+----

ps. there are also unfounded opinions that wearing mask does not protect the wearer because they claim the virus is airbourne and wearing mask does not cover and protect your eyes.

From our own personal experinces of living in a pandemic in the past 7/8 months, this is not true... if an area is emco and everyone is tested... infected persons were found in the same households and those with physical close contact with each other, all others in the emco area including residents in next-door units were not affected.

ScooterBoi
post Oct 28 2020, 04:14 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(biastee @ Oct 28 2020, 03:58 PM)
Perhaps, he wasn't referring to the N95 respirator, but to loose-fitting paper or cloth masks?

The coronavirus is just 0.1-0.3 microns, and so can logically pass thru paper & cloth. The N95 respirator can filter out 95% of the 0.3 micron particles, but it is difficult to breathe thru. 

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective...ased-sound-data
"t-shirts had 10% efficiency, scarves 10% to 20%, cloth masks 10% to 30%, sweatshirts 20% to 40%, and towels 40%. All of the cloth masks and materials had near zero efficiency at 0.3 μm, a particle size that easily penetrates into the lungs."
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/pdfs/Unders...graphic-508.pdf
"Filtration: Does NOT provide the wearer with a reliable level of protection from inhaling smaller airborne particles and is not considered respiratory protection

Leakage: Leakage occurs around the edge of the mask when user inhales"

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/...e-masks/609235/
“Airflow follows the path of least resistance, and if it won’t enter through the mesh, it can come in from the side...You’re not wearing them to stop yourself getting infected, but to stop someone else getting infected.”
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article
"Taking a mask off is a high-risk process because pathogens may be present on the outer surface of the mask and may result in self-contamination during removal. "
Please see: "Why social distancing and hand washing are more important than a face mask"
1. "t-shirts had 10% efficiency, scarves 10% to 20%, cloth masks 10% to 30%, sweatshirts 20% to 40%, and towels 40%. All of the cloth masks and materials had near zero efficiency at 0.3 μm, a particle size that easily penetrates into the lungs.

This shows it is not 100% effective but they still do provide a barrier. Secondly, this is all tested in a laboratory... outside of a lab and in normal circumstances, do we need a stranger, with his lips on the mask, to blow his breath through the mask?

2. "Leakage occurs around the edge of the mask when user inhales"
In what environment are we talking to assume that the surronding air is filled with virus that every breath inhaled will take in some of the virus?

3. "Why social distancing and hand washing are more important than a face mask."
This does not means wearing a mask is useless and pointless.

ScooterBoi
post Nov 3 2020, 07:08 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Nov 3 2020, 06:50 PM)
How come cases keep going up but no CMCO? wtf
The classification of color coding have to be revised first... the DG mentioned about adding 'orange' in his pc a few minutes ago... maybe cmco when the area becomes orange.

Latest news, Seremban (district), cmco from 5/11 to 18/11.

This post has been edited by ScooterBoi: Nov 3 2020, 07:11 PM
ScooterBoi
post Nov 6 2020, 09:14 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

Kluster Penjara Seberang Perai = 162 new cases.

ScooterBoi
post Nov 7 2020, 04:41 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

The main differences between RMCO and CMCO are:

1) no social events and gatherings, all places of worship closed.

2) all schools closed.

3) travel restricted within district and state boundaries, but not bar to cross the borders for business and work.

The greatest impact when reverting back from Rmco to Cmco is on school-going children and their education.

If we review the situation in Selangor, where mukim Klang was initially cmco, and then followed by the whole Selangor (and KL and Putrajaya) a week later, and this week (4 weeks after Klang was cmco) Seremban district and a mukim in PD were cmco too; it may be better to cmco the neighbouring mukim or district too, at the same time.

The neighbouring areas are the buffer zone.

Leakages are expected to occur and the virus would escape outside the containment area.

People inside will be invited or try to meet friends and relatives outside the containment area. So it is necessary to cmco the neighbouring areas to shut down social gatherings there too.

This is the daily average of new cases in Selangor, in each week:

26-Sept, 1
03-Oct, 17
10-Oct, 32
17-Oct, 85
24-Oct, 98
31-Oct, 116
6-Nov, 175 (from Sunday till yesterday, Friday).

The trend is clearly increasing from week to week. It could maybe due to:
a) there could be cross infections from Selangor to Seremban, and it spreads back from Seremban to other areas in Selangor.

b) daily introduction of external cases into the cmco zone was still happening. (In Sept and early Oct, the flight passengers coming from hot zone like Sabah were not quarantined for 14 days.)

What would be happening in Penang could be a carbon copy of the situation in Selangor.

To cmco one area at a time could prolong the situation before cmco can be lifted and reverted back to Rmco status.

---+---+---+---

Don't forget that Parit Buntar in Perak is a red zone and is under cmco too. People and children in that southern part of Penang goes to work and school in Parit Buntar.

(At a certain point on Sg Kerian at Parit Buntar, is the meeting point of 3 state boundaries, Kedah, Penang and Perak.)

ScooterBoi
post Nov 7 2020, 04:46 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020...rom-nov-9-dec-6

Whole of Peninsular Malaysia except Pahang, Kelantan, Perlis under conditional MCO from Nov 9-Dec 6

smile.gif
ScooterBoi
post Nov 7 2020, 04:53 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

Perlis and Terengganu trapped and no where to go!

At least, people in Pahang and Kelantan can visit each other.

Pa Sang lang... under cmco the longest time!

ScooterBoi
post Nov 7 2020, 04:57 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(techieglitch @ Nov 7 2020, 04:49 PM)
now im curious if whole penang kena, which area cannot cross to which area?

If the next area is just sebelah street only, is it cannot go.
when the whole island is cmco, roadblocks might not be that strict... but still, it is better to always shop at the same place, to avoid too many places to screen if contact tracing is necessary.

(Latest news: Whole of Peninsular Malaysia except Pahang, Kelantan, Perlis under conditional MCO from Nov 9-Dec 6.)

ScooterBoi
post Nov 7 2020, 05:51 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(techieglitch @ Nov 7 2020, 05:18 PM)
yes la, if can, I duwan to go out also, prevention is good. the thing is sometimes need to run some errands or what not , need to cross district.
In Selangor, the district boundaries are invisible... no roadblocks, means okay to go.

And this is good and reasonable since person to person infection is more likely to happen in social gatherings. Hardly any reported cases of people getting infected when out shopping.

There is no need to be too strict about people crossing to another district to shop or to work.

So it is up to the police where to set up the roadblocks... hopefully in Penang too, the police chief is well aware how the virus spreads and is not too uptight on the standard SOPs issued by MKN and KKM.

ScooterBoi
post Nov 7 2020, 06:24 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Nov 7 2020, 06:12 PM)
So, IPTA and IPTS closed as well?
Am not sure on the official status... the lectures can be online, exams too.

ScooterBoi
post Nov 26 2020, 06:34 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Nov 26 2020, 06:16 PM)
Does anyone think CMCO will extend beyond December to end of the year? Already a lot of people don't really give a fuck, I think if we open too early things will spread again.
It depends on the numbers of new cases confirmed daily... and the number of cases to trigger each level of risk/alert can be reviwed.

At the moment, red alert is 40 cases and above. If people and society can live and accept a higher number of daily cases in their community, then the red alert can be adjusted up... maybe like 100 cases.

IMHO, the number of cases in each alert level (colored from green to red) should NOT be a fixed number for the whole country... it should take into account population density.

10 cases in a rural area can be the same risk level of having 100 cases in an urban city. Thus in places like Terengganu and Pahang, a lower number of cases should be classified as "red alert" and EMCO or TEMCO, should be enforced to put a lid on the outbreak as early as possible.

This post has been edited by ScooterBoi: Nov 26 2020, 06:34 PM
ScooterBoi
post May 24 2021, 04:28 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(techieglitch @ May 24 2021, 02:13 PM)
how reliable is that research data, there are also tonnes of research that says the other wise, which one to believe?
I belived the one that says the inside of your wrist gives a more reliable reading. Because I usually waves my hand across the scanner. smile.gif

As long as anyone is not having a fever and high temperature and allowed to enter the shop... it is good enough for me.

Even if his body temperature is higher than 37.5 celsius, it means nothing to me... he is still a stranger to me and will not be talking to him.

ScooterBoi
post Jun 3 2021, 06:31 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(xianw @ Jun 2 2021, 11:14 PM)
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/...kompaun-rm1500/

Hi, can someone confirm that my Sejahtera is suddenly now mandatory? My father doesn't use a phone & has been signing in using book. Our house only 1 phone.
AFAIK, all the places I been in have both. In previous reported incidents, people were fined for not doing either qr scan or write in logbook.

Recently after MCO 3.0 was announced on 12th May, at econsave, the logbook was removed and a staff monitored more closely those scanning the qr code.

For those customers still writing in logbooks, they should informed the staff they don't have smartphone. The staff will take out the logbook kept under a counter.

All other places, same as usual, logbook still available.

In my neighborhood, pasar pagi still open as usual. No problem getting fresh poultry. Lots of senior folks will get upset if not allowed to enter if no smartphone.

(I'm in klang district. Phone signal full bar. So it is not a question of internet available or not.)

ScooterBoi
post Jun 3 2021, 06:36 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

At a post office I been to, the logbook was kept by the clerk. You have to inform after entering that you did not scan. She will enter your name and phone number.

ScooterBoi
post Aug 25 2021, 02:25 AM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(techieglitch @ Aug 25 2021, 12:32 AM)
its not a rumour, you can check mkn website for phase 2 sop, since previous few revise until now states that market or pasar malam all need 2nd dose only can enter. but abit ridiculous.
Be reminded that vassin lengkap means 14 days after 2nd dose on 2 dose vaccines and 28 days after inoculation in 1 dose vaccines.

So, the rela guys will need to read the digital cert and the date of the jab at very close distance, maybe have to hold your phone too.

If he is suspicious the mobile phone is not yours, you will need to show your mykad to verify that your name and i/c matches the cert.

If you bring along children, don't forget to bring along their mykad to show they are your children and they are staying the same house with you.

Then you repeat all over again at each stall you visited!

Have a fun time going out for a stroll at the neighborhood night market.

ScooterBoi
post Aug 25 2021, 12:14 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(cloudwin @ Aug 25 2021, 10:19 AM)
There are still many sohai think spread of the CoVid-virus was due to unvaccinated people biggrin.gif
Vaccination is for self benefits but it doesn't help on prevention...i am also frustrated to see many people follow blindly on the incorrect info channeled
There is a different, a vaccinated person is less infectious, as he asymptomatic or very slightly affected by the virus. His body is keeping the virus in check. (About 2 weeks after getting infected, he is declared covid-free.)

Thus vaccine has reduced the covid virus to a common cold or flu.

Majority of the younger population, without vaccination, is also asymptomatic if they contracted the virus.

So, if the vaccines are as good as what is claimed, then are these sop should be discarded when a high enough population was inoculated.

Except for wearing mask (to prevent the virus from spreading from one person to another too easily), vaccine passport and swab test for purpose of entering a premise is nonsensical.

It should be a green and red system, either the premise is open or not for business. This is decided by the health authorities. (Public health & safety.)

Whether you want to enter the premise or not, this is decided by you. (Personal health & safety.)

ScooterBoi
post Aug 25 2021, 02:11 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 25 2021, 12:26 PM)
This is what I am wary of.
The popular misunderstanding out there is along the line that unvaccinated is the spreader while vaccinated are not; seeing those in power are developing policies around sidelinig  the unvaccinated, which is wrong.

the vaccine itself is on voluntary basis, government waives taking responsibility for after-effect. so until government makes it mandatory, there shouldn't be any compulsion to enforce policies making it mandatory.
It didn't mean to say that the unvaccinated persons were the sole cause of spreading the virus; it does not matter who are spreading the virus when everyone is protected from severe illness; the high risk groups protected by vaccines, the younger population protected by their own health and immunity.

There should be a point where KKM should declared which area is safe. Safe meaning no more sop like vaccine passport or swab test to allow any business/factory to reopen fully.

The sop guideline for vaksin lengkap 80% for 100% of the staff back to work should be reviewed. There should not be any more swab test. The policy of containing the virus should also be reviewed.

If everyone at the workplace (plus their families living with them under the same roof) is not at risk, then let it be, let it spread... as it (the virus) will eventually comes to a dead end.

People should understand that the guidelines or mandatory SOPs are not fail-proof. No matter how vigilant they are enforced and maintained, there will be breaches. So, no matter how good are the SOPs, they are futile in stopping the virus and would propagate a wrong awareness of a safe environment when it is not.

Wearing face mask is more than adequate enough. In the years before covid-19, I normally got sore throat once a year to two times in 2 years; from office mates. If I had worn face mask (if they were commonly available as nowadays), I think I won’t catch the virus.

So, it is up to the individual to jaga diri when it is annouced that the workplace/shop/mall is safe to reopen without any vaccine passport or any other SOPs.

My main concern is when this could happen - safe to reopen without any SOPs.

If people and the politicians got too hook up with vaccine passports, it could take a very long time to reach this stage, maybe middle of next year, while it could be as soon as middle of next month.

The 2nd question is how good are the vaccines.

If it works, and since vaccination acceptance is very high in Malaysia, we can even do without border control and requiring visitors from vaccination or quarantine them once it is determine that the vaccination rollout has passed a certain milestone.

ScooterBoi
post Aug 25 2021, 02:32 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(cloudwin @ Aug 25 2021, 01:41 PM)
sorry, i could not understand what you are describing.

a virus is a virus, you were vaccinated does not mean you are less infectious. Specific Ag-Ab locking could help your body fight against foreign intruder fast so that it will not hurt you much but those free viruses inside your body could still infecting people. Overall, harmless to you doesn't mean harmless to others...

SG already demonstrated some statistic data about the vaccinated/un-vaccinated cases, whereas MY....ehhemmm devil.gif
Don't have to look too far, data could easily be gathered from our own backyard as the virus is not alien to us.

The main transmission is via infectious droplets from sneeze and spits from the mouth, and another person catching it.

Asymptomatic person, no sneezes, no blowing and wiping his nose ===> less infectious.

(In category 3 and above, virus already eating the lungs... every breath is breathing out virus... more infectious. This is why nurses and doctors have to wear more protective gear.)

80% of the infected people are asymptomatic. So, this is why we keep our personal space and distance from others and wear mask when out in public places.

And we don't go shake hands with strangers/friends and hold long conversation with them (even though all were wearing face mask).

ScooterBoi
post Oct 15 2021, 11:50 AM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Oct 14 2021, 09:40 PM)
Today the delivery guy no wear mask and I no wear mask  rclxm9.gif
=====

Dunno. Seems like mostly transmission indoor mostly
Survive only but lost corona. Not dangerous.
=====

I think mass sanitisation is for the lulz only.
=====
SOP fatigue. Don't let your guard down on the last mile. End is near as 'treatment' would be widely available soon, maybe 3 months time?

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Oct 15 2021, 07:14 AM)
That’s what the scientist said. I thought you know?
I blame the govtment too for not reviewing some of the SOP(s) that were enforced since 18 months ago. They give mixed messages on the transmission of the virus.

Padahal, some if not most of us already managed to avoid contracting it, and the knowledge we have gathered personally can be considered 'scientific and knowledgeable' opinions.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2293sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:16 PM