Penang COVID-19 Infections

views

LA773
post Sep 26 2021, 10:23 PM

Enthusiast
943 posts

QUOTE(KopiChia @ Sep 26 2021, 07:56 PM)
No almost every Sunday I go tapau choo char

That's the thing I dunno which kena all I know eavesdrop is that home is now closed. Maybe the Penang kluster list got it.
This is Penang hotspot
user posted image
Basically theres easily more than hundred lokaliti whole penang
Lol
Endemic
LA773
post Sep 26 2021, 10:25 PM

Enthusiast
943 posts

QUOTE(talexeh @ Sep 26 2021, 08:57 PM)
Actually a few old folks home have been hit with infection recently. The one I personally knew of are Penang Buddhist Association & another one at Medan Tembaga just behind Sim daycare.
Once Elders centre kena, serious stage d
KopiChia
post Sep 26 2021, 10:28 PM

Regular
1,779 posts

QUOTE(talexeh @ Sep 26 2021, 08:57 PM)
Actually a few old folks home have been hit with infection recently. The one I personally knew of are Penang Buddhist Association & another one at Medan Tembaga just behind Sim daycare.
I cannot find anything online other than old news april/may etc. Maybe those who read Chinese newspapers might know more.
SUSgogo2
post Sep 27 2021, 06:04 AM

gogo2
All Stars
18,672 posts

QUOTE(LA773 @ Sep 26 2021, 10:25 PM)
Once Elders centre kena, serious stage d
Sweden died many people is because old folks home. But luckily Malaysia not many old folks home.

Only American / European go to old folks home.
Justin.Loong
post Sep 27 2021, 09:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

Over the past 13 years — coinciding with the city’s inscription as a Unesco World Heritage Site in 2008 — the city of George Town has become known for much more than its excellent street food.

Boutique hotels, especially those located in the heritage zone, were particularly popular with out-of-state visitors as well as international tourists as they were uniquely adapted and retained the building’s original heritage features.

Now — together with most other businesses — many of these are struggling to stay afloat after 18 months of frequent closures.

user posted image
One of these is Noordin Mews which is located at the border of the heritage zone right in the heart of George Town.

Hotel manager Belinda Boey said the hotel has closed since January this year and only a small number of staff were kept on for basic maintenance and cleaning of the hotel.
“We did have some business in June and July last year when everything reopened after the first movement control order but after that, it continued to go downhill as most of our customers are Europeans,” she said.

International borders have closed since March last year while interstate travel has been frequently disrupted throughout the different iterations of the movement control order since last year.

Boey said most of the hotel staff found other jobs last year and the hotel did not hire new ones as they could already foresee that they would not be getting a high number of bookings due to the closure of international borders.

However, they are now hopeful that interstate travel might be allowed soon as the hotel has been getting week-long bookings from out-of-state customers.
“We are getting bookings for December so we will prepare to reopen the hotel at that time. Hopefully interstate travel will have reopened by then,” she said.

She added the hotel building belonged to the owner so they don’t have to worry about rent and have managed to stay afloat till now.
user posted image

Over at Ren I Tang Heritage Inn which is in the heart of Little India, operations manager Eu Yeok Siew said they are open but they hardly have any guests since interstate travel is still not allowed.

The hotel which opened back in 2017 won a special mention under the category of conservation, enhancement and adaptation at the George Town World Heritage Incorporated’s (GTWHI) Heritage Recognition Award 2020.

Ren I Tang also used to enjoy a high number of bookings from international and out-of-state travellers.
“We are using this time to repurpose some of our spaces,” Eu said. One of the spaces on the ground floor of the hotel has been converted into an Indian restaurant named Theeni Pandarams which started business on September 1.

Eu said they have to think out of the box while they wait for interstate and international borders to reopen.
“We want to create more spaces where we can have more interactions such as this restaurant which is in collaboration with the restaurant operator and we are planning to open a cafe and bar soon where our museum is now,” she said.

She said the hotel is located in a busy spot in the heart of Little India so the opening of an Indian restaurant fits its location perfectly.

Eu added that food is the only business that can remain open, with delivery and takeaways, even during lockdowns and this will at least provide some revenue.

She said they hoped to finish repurposing and open their cafe, bar and museum by next month.
“We only hope that interstate travel will reopen by then so that we can get more bookings,” she added.
user posted image

The hotel has also been able to hang on for so long due to its minimal staff of only four and rental discounts from its landlord, the Cheah Kongsi.
user posted image

Seven Terraces, the jewel in the George Town Heritage Hotels (GTHH) group, has also been working hard to drum up business in the last 18 months.

The recipient of an honorary mention under the category of conservation, enhancement and adaptation at George Town World Heritage Incorporated’s (GTWHI) Heritage Recognition Award 2020, Seven Terraces too has not been able to welcome as many guests as before because of the pandemic.

GTHH owner Chris Ong said he organised various events like afternoon tea soirees and even pop-up boutiques in every room of one of his other hotels Muntri Mews and Kebaya nights at Seven Terraces.
“We also offered private catering services where we send chefs to prepare meals for the birthdays of elderly parents whose children could not come back to celebrate with them,” he said.

He said the hotels under GTHH continued to get bookings when interstate travel was allowed and there were also bookings by business travellers but the number of bookings had definitely dropped.

At one point, to spur interest and get more bookings, Seven Terraces even slashed its prices by half.
“We also collaborated with Malaysia Airlines in August and September last year for a domestic travel package to Penang where the guests stayed at our hotel and we curated the heritage experience of George Town for them,” he said.

Despite all these, he said they still had to implement cost cutting measures such as a salary cut in April last year and another one in July this year.

Ong himself has not taken a salary since March last year in order to preserve some of the company’s reserves.
“I would like to create events again, to highlight the importance of our heritage and how it can still play a role in the new world order,” he said.

He is now looking into creating a house museum experience for guests so that they can experience and visit the home of a gentleman Baba.
“It is not easy making plans now because there is this uncertainty about policies... we do not know what will be allowed and disallowed so plans may have to be cancelled if there is a change in policy,” he said.
user posted image

Seven Terrace’s restaurant Kebaya Dining Room is now open for dine-in for fully vaccinated individuals while Mews Cafe at Muntri Mews will be open for dine-in from September 24 onwards.
user posted image

Another hotel that is a restored heritage building is The Edison George Town along Leith Street that has been closed since late May this year.

Its executive director Rina Teoh said the hotel staff has been working in a limited capacity to maintain the hotel since its temporary closure.
user posted image

The hotel reopened on September 20 after sanitising the whole hotel and all its rooms.
“Currently with ‘Your Safety Our Priority’ promise, we are not assigning back to back use of our guest rooms, meaning there is a 24-hour lead time to disinfect and sanitise the guest rooms before they are assigned for guests’ use,” she said.

She also hoped that interstate travel would be allowed, with strict compliance of SOPs, as this would help to boost the tourism industry and hotels in the state.

Source: After 18 months of frequent closures, Penang’s boutique hotels hang their hopes on interstate travel being allowed soon
vitilee
post Sep 27 2021, 04:59 PM

3 posts

Anyone know any contact of penang GH because my father just sent my grandma there due to covid infection, but they refuse to provide any contact for communication, and my father just recalled they didn't ask for his contact number, wonder how they will contact my father. The problem is my grandma quite old and cannot walk or talk, if anyone know any contact, please help to share in pm. Thanks.
Justin.Loong
post Sep 27 2021, 05:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

The Pulau Tikus market and the temporary hawker site outside the market have been ordered to shut down today after Covid-19 cases were reported among the traders and their workers there.

It is learnt that some 19 positive Covid-19 cases were reported there.

Penang Island City Council (MBPP) said the closure, beginning noon until a date to be announced later, was to facilitate on-site disinfection and sanitisation exercises.
"The closure involves 113 stalls inside the market, which operate between 6am and 1pm and 34 temporary hawkers outside the market, which operate between 4pm and 11pm.
"The closure order is to stop the spread of Covid-19," it said.

user posted image

The latest closures came nearly two weeks after the Lebuh Cecil and the Chowrasta markets were instructed to close after 22 people in both markets were found to have contracted the virus.

Several markets statewide have been ordered to close following positive Covid-19 cases involving traders and workers.

Among them were the Farlim market, Padang Tembak market, Seberang Jaya Market, Mak Mandin market, Pulau Mutiara wholesale market, Chai Leng Park market, Jalan Perak market and Bukit Mertajam market.

Penang has been reporting consistent four-digit daily Covid-19 positive cases for more than a month now.

Yesterday was the first time after so long the daily Covid-19 cases dipped to 955 cases.

Meanwhile, MBPP Mayor Datuk Yew Tung Seang told the New Straits Times that the city council did not want to keep closing public markets due to infections, while urging individuals to be more responsible in adhering to strict Covid-19 SOPs.
"Just like in the case of the Pulau Tikus market where a major Covid-19 screening exercise will be conducted tomorrow. For those tested positive, they will be isolated and treated, while for those who are not infected, they may be allowed to resume businesses.

"This is part of the 'green bubble community' the city council is implementing, where vaccinated people with negative tests are allowed to carry on with their everyday lives," he said.

He also added that the city council would focus on community empowerment as the nation prepares to move from the pandemic to the endemic phase.

For a start, he said, the city council would organise a webinar this weekend involving some 1,400 management corporations (MC) and joint management bodies (JMB), where a 'train the trainer' programme will be introduced.
"We hope each MC and JMB will then have their own volunteer team to manage Covid-19 cases in their premises as a first contact before further assistance is rendered, if required," he said, noting that Penang has one of the highest density of parcel units.

Source: Pulau Tikus market latest to close due to Covid-19 cases
KopiChia
post Sep 27 2021, 05:35 PM

Regular
1,779 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Sep 27 2021, 05:10 PM)
No wonder a hawker I know been saying 1~2 weeks ago that he can't get his supplies here tutup there tutup.
Edit:typo

This post has been edited by KopiChia: Sep 27 2021, 05:36 PM
Justin.Loong
post Sep 27 2021, 05:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(KopiChia @ Sep 27 2021, 05:35 PM)
No wonder a hawker I know been saying 1~2 weeks ago that he can't get his supplies here tutup there tutup.
Edit:typo
Hope after this no more market place infections la... kesian those hawkers also. sad.gif cry.gif
Pica888
post Sep 27 2021, 07:35 PM

On my way
513 posts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
KopiChia
post Sep 28 2021, 07:49 AM

Regular
1,779 posts

user posted image

user posted image
mushigen
post Sep 28 2021, 09:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(KopiChia @ Sep 28 2021, 07:49 AM)
user posted image
There were 30 new cases of Cat 3-5 patients yesterday?
I wonder how many more asymptomatic people are infected but not aware/tested.
diehard1979
post Sep 28 2021, 02:03 PM

Regular
1,154 posts

Is that mysejahtera need to wait 14 days after second dos of vaccine to show as "fully vaccinated"?
FusionXY
post Sep 28 2021, 02:29 PM

LAZZIE ON VACATION
3,699 posts

QUOTE(diehard1979 @ Sep 28 2021, 02:03 PM)
Is that mysejahtera need to wait 14 days after second dos of vaccine to show as "fully vaccinated"?
Yes.
Pica888
post Sep 28 2021, 07:23 PM

On my way
513 posts

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by Pica888: Sep 28 2021, 07:26 PM
mushigen
post Sep 28 2021, 08:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(diehard1979 @ Sep 28 2021, 02:03 PM)
Need to past 00:01hours on Day 15 before you can refresh your status.
KopiChia
post Sep 28 2021, 08:45 PM

Regular
1,779 posts

user posted image
KopiChia
post Sep 28 2021, 08:45 PM

Regular
1,779 posts

user posted image
user posted image
sonypshomer
post Sep 29 2021, 08:50 AM

Regular
1,577 posts

QUOTE(KopiChia @ Sep 28 2021, 08:45 PM)
user posted image
user posted image
LOL, my place also kena, everytime im in the lift, i squeez my KN95 mask on the nose part if there are people inside. Waiting for another empty car will take forever.

Eventhough i already fully vaccinated, i have friend who also fully vacc'ed, contracted the virus last week with symptom like terrible fever, sore throat, and excruciating headache for few days. The latter is the worst, and yet the company expected you to work from home during the quarantine period. How to work with headache?

So better squeez that mask.

mouldybread
post Sep 29 2021, 11:54 AM

Casual
400 posts

QUOTE(sonypshomer @ Sep 29 2021, 08:50 AM)
LOL, my place also kena, everytime im in the lift, i squeez my KN95 mask on the nose part if there are people inside. Waiting for another empty car will take forever.

Eventhough i already fully vaccinated, i have friend who also fully vacc'ed, contracted the virus last week with symptom like terrible fever, sore throat, and excruciating headache for few days. The latter is the worst, and yet the company expected you to work from home  during the quarantine period. How to work with headache?

So better squeez that mask.
i have been holding my breath whenever im entering lifts. luckily my floor is not that high still in the single digit. dont think this can be done if u live in high floors lol

324 Pages « < 285 286 287 288 289 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0211sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:56 PM