Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Penang COVID-19 Infections

views

IMfae_
post Mar 11 2020, 12:14 AM

Enthusiast
790 posts

QUOTE(KopiChia @ Mar 11 2020, 12:11 AM)
Penang now having toilet paper runs. Someone told me some fb got photos. I went to Sunshine Farlim. Almost all the cans of chicken and beef gone left are Sardines. Their toilet papers also gone.

user posted image
Last time it was in JB, when the Sporean came and did the panic buying.
agewisdom
post Mar 11 2020, 12:16 AM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Mar 11 2020, 12:12 AM)
Alamak, wedding dinner and karaoke session? Doesn't it spell secret recipe for more cluster outbreak?  shocking.gif
Sounding remarkably similar as to how Singapore's local clusters spread. I wonder whether our KKM are working closely with them to learn from their experience. hmm.gif
agewisdom
post Mar 11 2020, 12:17 AM

Enthusiast
729 posts

Penang now having toilet paper runs. Someone told me some fb got photos. I went to Sunshine Farlim. Almost all the cans of chicken and beef gone left are Sardines. Their toilet papers also gone.

user posted image
Thanks for sharing. Always good to stock up for a few weeks, at minimum.
IMfae_
post Mar 11 2020, 12:18 AM

Enthusiast
790 posts

QUOTE(agewisdom @ Mar 11 2020, 12:16 AM)
Sounding remarkably similar as to how Singapore's local clusters spread. I wonder whether our KKM are working closely with them to learn from their experience.  hmm.gif
The safra cluster!
agewisdom
post Mar 11 2020, 12:26 AM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Mar 11 2020, 12:18 AM)
The safra cluster!
You've been following... Yes, sounds remarkably similar, right?
Our weather is the same, so I suspect clusters that will crop up will follow the same pattern.
JustcallmeLarry
post Mar 11 2020, 12:26 AM

Regular
1,346 posts

If they don't want to release the exact location at least just release number by states la so we can take precautions. Like this Penang case is it isolated just 1 guy or what???
katsumoto2011
post Mar 11 2020, 12:29 AM

Getting Started
211 posts

guys check the summary thread , alot update with official announcement
agewisdom
post Mar 11 2020, 12:38 AM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 11 2020, 12:26 AM)
If they don't want to release the exact location at least just release number by states la so we can take precautions. Like this Penang case is it isolated just 1 guy or what???
They don't want you to know. Don't worry, be happy.
What you don't know, won't harm you.

JustcallmeLarry
post Mar 11 2020, 12:58 AM

Regular
1,346 posts

QUOTE(agewisdom @ Mar 11 2020, 12:38 AM)
They don't want you to know. Don't worry, be happy.
What you don't know, won't harm you.
How do I get invited to that up to date WhatsApp group? If not bcs of this thread I didn't even know there is 1 confirm case already in Penang.
agewisdom
post Mar 11 2020, 01:02 AM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 11 2020, 12:58 AM)
How do I get invited to that up to date WhatsApp group? If not bcs of this thread I didn't even know there is 1 confirm case already in Penang.
You'll have to ask someone else, maybe TS.
I also am not in that group, just relying on this forum.

TStalexeh
post Mar 11 2020, 01:13 AM

One man's meat is another man's poison.
2,515 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 11 2020, 12:58 AM)
Some are family WhatsApp groups while others are colleagues / friends WhatsApp groups. As usual, what they received from their respective groups will be shared to other groups.

The only cons is that 80% of the forwarded contents are rubbish or unreliable rumours.
MakcikLum
post Mar 11 2020, 03:21 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

user posted image
Hai-yoo ... why toilet paper again, already in the world said the material to prepare 3ply mask is Not the one make toilet paper & sanitary pad (woman used) loh !!
No need to stock-up toilet paper, Nibong Tebal is at Penang right ? Most of the toilet roll/ tissue is from them lah (eg. cutie compact, premier, cutie soft, budget etc), usually they use NTPM as logo, read carefully at the plastic which wrap the toilet roll, you will see it definitely.

Vindas is from Malaysia too, you all know Drypers right ? same company.

Don't panic lah ! blush.gif

Besides can food, also should buy clorox type liquid, clean your house also important especially those stay high rise, like Condo/ Apartment &Flat, because all our drain is connected each house, "things" flush from toilet if contain virus, it can spread through drain system, depends on which type of design our building had used.

Mop the floor more often & rinse with water if got kids at home, all the door knob & especially lift button are the "high risk" place where everyone is pressing on it, spray with sanitizer or at least use tissue to press it.

Hai-yoo yoo, why Penang, the most units numbers of high rise building in Msia. want to faint liao ... icon_question.gif
IMfae_
post Mar 11 2020, 08:42 AM

Enthusiast
790 posts

QUOTE(agewisdom @ Mar 11 2020, 12:26 AM)
You've been following... Yes, sounds remarkably similar, right?
Our weather is the same, so I suspect clusters that will crop up will follow the same pattern.
Absolutely following, as I live in JB. And also, Singapore is doing everything they can to contact tracing, the best so far. With strict enforcement jails and fine, revoking and suspending student passes or PR passes and whatnot for not following the quarantine rules or cheating or not giving correct health statement , high and advance technology and method even using cctv and whatever means to contact tracing just to contain the virus. I am simply amaze, and that's why WHO recognized this where no other country can copy their playbook. Of course the playbook is for a certain period of time and it wont be suitable if this pandemic is going to be longer than it is now in future. Their clusters and contact tracing sharing never fails thumbsup.gif Let's hope on that term MOH can also provide us adequate info for our citizen 's sake. nod.gif
JohnL77
post Mar 11 2020, 09:00 AM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Mar 11 2020, 08:42 AM)
Absolutely following, as I live in JB. And also, Singapore is doing everything they can to contact tracing, the best so far. With strict enforcement jails and fine, revoking and suspending student passes or PR passes and whatnot for not following the quarantine rules or cheating or not giving correct health statement , high and advance technology and method even using cctv and whatever means to contact tracing just to contain the virus. I am simply amaze, and that's why WHO recognized this where no other country can copy their playbook. Of course the playbook is for a certain period of time and it wont be suitable if this pandemic is going to be longer than it is now in future. Their clusters and contact tracing sharing never fails thumbsup.gif Let's hope on that term MOH can also provide us adequate info for our citizen 's sake.  nod.gif
Jeng jeng jeng...

IMfae_
post Mar 11 2020, 09:09 AM

Enthusiast
790 posts

QUOTE(JohnL77 @ Mar 11 2020, 09:00 AM)
Jeng jeng jeng...

shocking.gif Thailand and Malaysia turned them away right? But Maybe Singapore can handle this. nod.gif
KopiChia
post Mar 11 2020, 11:09 AM

Enthusiast
837 posts

QUOTE(MakcikLum @ Mar 11 2020, 03:21 AM)
Hai-yoo ... why toilet paper again, already in the world said the material to prepare 3ply mask is Not the one make toilet paper & sanitary pad (woman used) loh !!
No need to stock-up toilet paper, Nibong Tebal is at Penang right ? Most of the toilet roll/ tissue is from them lah (eg. cutie compact, premier, cutie soft, budget etc), usually they use NTPM as logo, read carefully at the plastic which wrap the toilet roll, you will see it definitely.

Vindas is from Malaysia too, you all know Drypers right ? same company.

Don't panic lah !  blush.gif

Besides can food, also should buy clorox type liquid, clean your house also important especially those stay high rise, like Condo/ Apartment &Flat, because all our drain is connected each house, "things" flush from toilet if contain virus, it can spread through drain system, depends on which type of design our building had used.

Mop the floor more often & rinse with water if got kids at home, all the door knob & especially lift button are the "high risk" place where everyone is pressing on it, spray with sanitizer or at least use tissue to press it.

Hai-yoo yoo, why Penang, the most units numbers of high rise building in Msia. want to faint liao ...  icon_question.gif
I made a quick trip to Giants (Penang Plaza) just now. I can tell you I don't see any branded toilet papers only left Giants toilet paper which they have plenty. They also have plenty of can foods. Bought some just in case.

user posted image

user posted image
Oltromen Ripot
post Mar 11 2020, 11:10 AM

On my way
625 posts

My kid told us that some "protective suits" came to disinfect "everywhere" in school Tuesday. Motorola kids were asked to leave and stay home until further notice. End of available detail.
KopiChia
post Mar 11 2020, 11:11 AM

Enthusiast
837 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Mar 11 2020, 11:10 AM)
My kid told us that some "protective suits" came to disinfect "everywhere" in school Tuesday. Motorola kids were asked to leave and stay home until further notice. End of available detail.
Where is it?
TStalexeh
post Mar 11 2020, 11:14 AM

One man's meat is another man's poison.
2,515 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Mar 11 2020, 11:10 AM)
You know we're gonna ask you which school after you posted that right?
Oltromen Ripot
post Mar 11 2020, 11:21 AM

On my way
625 posts

QUOTE(KopiChia @ Mar 11 2020, 11:11 AM)
Where is it?
QUOTE(talexeh @ Mar 11 2020, 11:14 AM)
You know we're gonna ask you which school after you posted that right?
I didn't expect that. Lets put it in Timur Laut district.

Sent my kids went to school anyway. Not gonna ruin their future unless there's credible proximity threat.

235 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0203sec    1.00    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th July 2021 - 10:06 PM