Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Penang COVID-19 Infections

views

Blofeld
post Aug 16 2020, 11:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

Stricter MCO for Penang

BALIK PULAU: Parts of Penang are back under a stricter movement control order (MCO) as Covid-19 cases threaten to flare up.

After more than 100 days of “Covid-free bliss”, the local authorities are on the alert again and both city councils have tightened measures in several parts of the state after new cases began sprouting up in the community.

Eateries cannot serve dine-in and can do takeaway only. Playgrounds and public parks are closed. Barbers and hair salons must strictly comply with standard operating procedure.

No form of crowding is allowed.

The areas ordered to observe these restrictions are Teluk Kumbar, Sungai Batu and Gertak Sanggul on the south of Penang Island, and Central and Southern Seberang Prai Districts on the mainland.

Night bazaars (pasar malam) are closed for now and in Taman Sahabat, Teluk Kumbar, the Penang Island City Council (MBPP) warned in a statement that it would close the morning market unless the community adheres to the SOP strictly.

https://www.msn.com/en-my/news/national/str...artan-ntp-feeds
Blofeld
post Oct 17 2020, 02:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(Pica888 @ Oct 16 2020, 06:51 PM)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
looks like it came from the prison guards
Blofeld
post Oct 18 2020, 09:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(RiriRuruRara @ Oct 18 2020, 03:41 AM)
I be very disappointed if this prison cluster can cause cluster outside. Bcs it's a prison they should know everybody who is going in and out from there. Surely the people who had visited the prison recently should have gotten a call to quarantine themselves???
maybe it's the officers rather than the visitors because it happens across several prisons together

I wonder if the one who spread is some infected officers who have been visiting all those prisons. hmm.gif
Blofeld
post Oct 19 2020, 10:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(olzenkhaw @ Oct 19 2020, 07:06 AM)
user posted image
I check MySejahtera HotSpot, found that the area around Sunshine Jelutong, Public Bank Jelutong, Maybank Jelutong etc, have been reports of COVID-19 case(s) within a 1km radius.
how do you access to this on the MySejahtera App?
Blofeld
post Oct 19 2020, 04:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(olzenkhaw @ Oct 19 2020, 03:19 PM)
Touch hotspot icon on the main page on MySejahtera App
thx found it
Blofeld
post Nov 4 2020, 07:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

Second bridge cannot be used? Even though I need to go to Georgetown. I do not want to enter Bayan Lepas.
Blofeld
post Nov 5 2020, 01:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(scorgio @ Nov 5 2020, 12:58 PM)
Penangite, don't panic.

CMCO is nothing. Can go shopping, can go dining.

In my case, drive from S'ban to KL, shop at Times Square, eat at Pavilion, then head down to Malacca. Semua ok, as long as you're alone.
no need any permit?
Blofeld
post Nov 6 2020, 07:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(FusionXY @ Nov 5 2020, 11:24 PM)
Hey Penangites, take note of the roadblock location tomorrow.

1. Sultan Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah Bridge
2. Queensbay area
3. Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu Expressway
4. Jalan Teluk Kumbar

5. Sungai Nibong Shell Station
6. Jalan Dato Ismail Hashim

Red--> Two Roadblocks
Blue--> One Roadblock

Total Ten Roadblocks
is the roadblock at Queensbay just outside Summerton?
Blofeld
post Nov 6 2020, 08:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(MasterConfucion @ Nov 6 2020, 08:44 AM)
stupid roadblock. police just ask everyone to move like traffic warden. waste ppls time to see police wayang there
so, no checking of letters at all?
Blofeld
post Nov 6 2020, 10:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

if going to mainland using Penang Bridge 2, will face roadblock?
Blofeld
post Nov 6 2020, 01:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(sonypshomer @ Nov 6 2020, 11:23 AM)
Follow this route less congested. Skip the first u-turn and take the ramp.

notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
Blofeld
post Nov 7 2020, 09:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

Please help to update if there is any CMCO at Mukim 13.
Blofeld
post Nov 7 2020, 06:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(ScooterBoi @ Nov 7 2020, 04:41 PM)
The main differences between RMCO and CMCO are:

1) no social events and gatherings, all places of worship closed.

2) all schools closed.

3) travel restricted within district and state boundaries, but not bar to cross the borders for business and work.

The greatest impact when reverting back from Rmco to Cmco is on school-going children and their education.

If we review the situation in Selangor, where mukim Klang was initially cmco, and then followed by the whole Selangor (and KL and Putrajaya) a week later, and this week (4 weeks after Klang was cmco) Seremban district and a mukim in PD were cmco too; it may be better to cmco the neighbouring mukim or district too, at the same time.

The neighbouring areas are the buffer zone.

Leakages are expected to occur and the virus would escape outside the containment area.

People inside will be invited or try to meet friends and relatives outside the containment area. So it is necessary to cmco the neighbouring areas to shut down social gatherings there too.

This is the daily average of new cases in Selangor, in each week:

26-Sept, 1
03-Oct, 17
10-Oct, 32
17-Oct, 85
24-Oct, 98
31-Oct, 116
6-Nov, 175 (from Sunday till yesterday, Friday).

The trend is clearly increasing from week to week. It could maybe due to:
a) there could be cross infections from Selangor to Seremban, and it spreads back from Seremban to other areas in Selangor.

b) daily introduction of external cases into the cmco zone was still happening. (In Sept and early Oct, the flight passengers coming from hot zone like Sabah were not quarantined for 14 days.)

What would be happening in Penang could be a carbon copy of the situation in Selangor.

To cmco one area at a time could prolong the situation before cmco can be lifted and reverted back to Rmco status.

---+---+---+---

Don't forget that Parit Buntar in Perak is a red zone and is under cmco too. People and children in that southern part of Penang goes to work and school in Parit Buntar.

(At a certain point on Sg Kerian at Parit Buntar, is the meeting point of 3 state boundaries,  Kedah, Penang and Perak.)
So, IPTA and IPTS closed as well?

Blofeld
post Nov 7 2020, 06:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(Koranshita @ Nov 7 2020, 05:50 PM)
So mukim 12 can got out of 12 or still cannot?
Interdistrict not allowed
Blofeld
post Nov 7 2020, 06:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(techieglitch @ Nov 7 2020, 06:38 PM)
both different type of restriction. back then was 10km. technically if u live in jelutong, u can go to bayan lepas and gurney drive.

if now they divide into timur laut and barat daya, still ok. but if they divide by mukim or more strict, technically it is more troublesome than mco time. if u stay summerton, u cant go sg dua altho its merely next to each other. if u in tg tokong, u might have to be stucked there.

back then most of everything is closed and put to a pause, now cmco, many things are still running, many task needs to be carried out and errands to run.

if i live in bukit gambir and i need to get baby formula, tesco let people sapu all, mco time i can still go queensbay or gurney or sin lam bee to find. if now, if the restriction is very strict until u cannot leave your area, then how to buy baby formula?

for me, it isnt really about the fuss about the situation, we do need to know the restriction.

And of cz, there is already a loophole. just print out a company written letter then u can have passport to go anywhere, not that they will authenticate them. but of cz, not all of us like to do the grey area thing also.
they keep changing the SOP, so confusing

if it's the same like the May CMCO, then no so bad because still can cross inter-district except inter-state.

But now seems like inter-district not allowed, which is worse than the May CMCO.
Blofeld
post Nov 9 2020, 08:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(FusionXY @ Nov 9 2020, 02:11 AM)
The Roadblock is very funny in Penang.

My friend want to go to Setia Pearl Island from Sungai Ara area which both of the locations under same Mukim 12.

And my friend got stopped by the police even my friend told the police that they live around Sungai Ara.

My friend need U-turn back as not allowed to pass through the roadblock.

According to the SOP, travel between
Same and different Mukim = No need permit
Same District = No need permit

Anyone of you got stopped by police for travelling between the same Mukim?
Waze shows very very heavy traffic going towards the bridge.

Luckily boss allows WFH, if not i will be stuck in traffic. But some of my colleagues are forced to come to work due to their nature of work.

The roadblocks are like MCO already. During the May-June CMCO, it's not as strict as this.
Blofeld
post Nov 9 2020, 09:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(raquinz @ Nov 9 2020, 09:03 AM)
Why the heck they still have roadblock on the bridge.?? Don't the authorities know how many people travel from mainland to island everyday for work???It just create unnecessary jam..They don't bother to check because they know they can't cope with the amount of cars.. Just put roadblocks at state border enoughla.. It's not MCO but just CMCO.I hope state government make.a noise about this..People will be late to work everyday.
exactly.

It's CMCO but not MCO.

Ppl are still going to work. ppl are already having hardships yet they make it more difficult for those ppl.
Blofeld
post Nov 13 2020, 07:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(talexeh @ Nov 13 2020, 06:36 PM)
Another private school with confirmed positive case.

user posted image
i thought during cmco schools are already closed?
Blofeld
post Nov 20 2020, 08:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Nov 20 2020, 09:55 AM)
Penang cheating foreigner/visitor is dead  cry.gif
user posted image

GEORGE TOWN: A picture paints a thousand words, and it’s all there to see at Penang’s once-popular hawker joints.

Famed food havens here are now almost deserted, with the few hawkers still operating left in despair.

At the once-bustling hawker food paradise in Gurney Drive, only a few stalls were seen open with hardly any patrons.

Rojak stall owner Tan Swee Hoe, 58, who has been doing business there for over 40 years, said he has practically no customers on weekdays.

“If it rains, it is even worse. No one will come at all. Many of the stalls here closed temporarily after the conditional movement control order started on Nov 9.
how about that famous CKT at Lorong Selamat?

still got ppl?
Blofeld
post Nov 24 2020, 10:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(XXXOOOXXXOOO @ Nov 23 2020, 05:29 PM)

last week i used second bridge, via plus highway it force us to go out (toll) than road block ...
Going to island?

how they force u out from toll?

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2123sec    0.53    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:04 PM