Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Penang COVID-19 Infections

views

IMfae_
post Mar 10 2020, 03:53 PM

Enthusiast
887 posts

QUOTE(talexeh @ Mar 10 2020, 03:35 PM)
Confirmed positive. I think his news will only be released by KKM at 5pm later.
The Penang cases comes from which cluster, do you know? I think cluster 26 spread to JB as well. Some school already asking kids and parents to go for test and to do the contact tracing for cluster 26.

JOHOR BAHRU, 10 Mac -- Langkah mengadakan kawalan dan pencegahan penularan jangkitan COVID-19 di sebuah sekolah rendah di sini pada Jumaat lepas hanyalah prosedur rutin, kata Pengarah Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri Johor (JKNJ) Dr Aman Rabu.

Beliau berkata, prosedur itu dilakukan bagi mengesan kontak rapat kes selain hanya meletakkan mereka yang bermungkinan terlibat di bawah perintah pengawasan dan pemerhatian di rumah.

“Jabatan akan terus memantau perkembangan kejadian jangkitan di negeri ini dan mengambil tindakan sewajarnya. Dengan itu, masyarakat setempat tidak perlu panik dengan penularan mesej dalam media sosial,” katanya dalam kenyataan yang dimuat naik di Facebook JKNJ hari ini.

Beliau mengulas mengenai kes COVID-19 yang kononnya melibatkan pelajar sebuah sekolah kebangsaan di sini dalam satu hantaran netizen di Facebook.

“Jabatan ingin menegaskan bahawa tindakan kawalan dan pencegahan sedang giat dijalankan di seluruh negeri bagi memastikan keadaan terkawal," kata Dr Aman.

-- BERNAMA
nebula87
post Mar 10 2020, 05:14 PM

Fg = mg
1,308 posts

News sudah keluar ke x?
MakcikLum
post Mar 10 2020, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

Don't panic, stay home & rajin clean your house with Clorox, kid's school bag & etc first, toilet bowl as well, keep window open, let fresh air flow.
AoiYuki
post Mar 10 2020, 05:49 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(tjy2 @ Mar 10 2020, 03:31 PM)
it has been all over the news. the staff was tested positive. all staffs are asked to work from home for 2 weeks until 20th march.
some companies here also scanned through if their employees got spouse / relatives / housemates that working at Motorola staying in the same house, those who got will also get asked to work from home for 14 days
IMfae_
post Mar 10 2020, 06:56 PM

Enthusiast
887 posts

QUOTE(nebula87 @ Mar 10 2020, 05:14 PM)
News sudah keluar ke x?
7pm now. Official press statement hasn’t been released yet.
SUSagewisdom
post Mar 10 2020, 08:57 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

True or not? KKM didn't mention Penang and based on Outbreak website, no case in Penang.
TStalexeh
post Mar 10 2020, 09:01 PM

One man's meat is another man's poison.
2,965 posts

QUOTE(agewisdom @ Mar 10 2020, 08:57 PM)
True or not? KKM didn't mention Penang and based on Outbreak website, no case in Penang.
KKM has stopped disclosing location of new cases. sad.gif
IMfae_
post Mar 10 2020, 09:09 PM

Enthusiast
887 posts

Informations quite scarce 😖
JohnL77
post Mar 10 2020, 09:23 PM

Regular
1,734 posts

QUOTE(talexeh @ Mar 10 2020, 09:01 PM)
KKM has stopped disclosing location of new cases. sad.gif
That means many places got already lo. You think those 50 to 80 people infected by case 26 all stay in one town?

This post has been edited by JohnL77: Mar 10 2020, 09:29 PM
SUSagewisdom
post Mar 10 2020, 09:27 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(talexeh @ Mar 10 2020, 10:28 AM)
Kindergartens & schools are now sending out notifications asking Motorola parents to quarantine themselves & their kids for 14 days.
Please update if confirmed. Since KKM is quiet these days.

TStalexeh
post Mar 10 2020, 11:05 PM

2,965 posts

QUOTE(JohnL77 @ Mar 10 2020, 09:23 PM)
That means many places got already lo. You think those 50 to 80 people infected by case 26 all stay in one town?
I can only speak of the one that I have proof of i.e. Motorola case. That's the only one reported thus far in Penang.

QUOTE(agewisdom @ Mar 10 2020, 09:27 PM)
Please update if confirmed. Since KKM is quiet these days.
Motorola case is definitely confirmed with all the internal memos being leaked.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2020/03/...sitive-covid-19
SUSagewisdom
post Mar 10 2020, 11:07 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(talexeh @ Mar 10 2020, 11:05 PM)
I can only speak of the one that I have proof of i.e. Motorola case. That's the only one reported thus far in Penang.
Motorola case is definitely confirmed with all the internal memos being leaked.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2020/03/...sitive-covid-19
Thanks for the update.

All I can say is the KKM is dropping the ball on this one. Especially if one has to rely on newspapers rather than on them.
TStalexeh
post Mar 10 2020, 11:09 PM

2,965 posts

QUOTE(agewisdom @ Mar 10 2020, 11:07 PM)
Thanks for the update.

All I can say is the KKM is dropping the ball on this one. Especially if one has to rely on newspapers rather than on them.
Is there any indication that KKM dropped the ball on this case? KKM has stopped providing any info other than the number of new cases so we'll never know if they've taken this Penang case into account or not.
SUSagewisdom
post Mar 10 2020, 11:12 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(talexeh @ Mar 10 2020, 11:09 PM)
Is there any indication that KKM dropped the ball on this case? KKM has stopped providing any info other than the number of new cases so we'll never know if they've taken this Penang case into account or not.
We won't know will we, since they decided to keep quiet on even the location of the 12 new cases.
IMfae_
post Mar 10 2020, 11:16 PM

Enthusiast
887 posts

QUOTE(talexeh @ Mar 10 2020, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE(agewisdom @ Mar 10 2020, 11:12 PM)
We won't know will we, since they decided to keep quiet on even the location of the 12 new cases.
Even in the NST news it vaguely mentioned “ It is learnt that the employee had returned to work in the state with flu-like symptoms, after visiting Kuala Lumpur over a week ago.” That is all. What do we make of that. No more clues of where in KL did he go and whom did he meet. Can’t even pin point whether related to those 2 clusters of #26 and #33

This post has been edited by IMfae_: Mar 10 2020, 11:17 PM
SUSagewisdom
post Mar 10 2020, 11:22 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Mar 10 2020, 11:16 PM)
Even in the NST news it vaguely mentioned “ It is learnt that the employee had returned to work in the state with flu-like symptoms, after visiting Kuala Lumpur over a week ago.” That is all. What do we make of that. No more clues of where in KL did he go and whom did he meet. Can’t even pin point whether related to those 2 clusters of #26 and #33
I know. It's pretty frustrating.

At minimum:

1. Let us know how the cases inter-relate with each other.
2. How did the clusters form, so we can take precautions in similar situations.
3. Whether there are any new imported cases from countries other than China. E.g. US, Italy, Singapore etc.
4. How's the cases spread between each states.

I think these are all basic information that were originally disclosed and they're clamming up all of a sudden. Worst of all, they didn't have the courtesy to explain to the public why the change in methodology.
TStalexeh
post Mar 10 2020, 11:24 PM

2,965 posts

QUOTE(IMfae_ @ Mar 10 2020, 11:16 PM)
The only clue I have is a forwarded WhatsApp message chronicling him attending wedding dinner & karaoke session in KL. However, as with all forwarded messages, they're never 100% reliable.

I might rename the thread should an outbreak takes place in Penang which I certainly don't hope to see.
SUSagewisdom
post Mar 10 2020, 11:30 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(talexeh @ Mar 10 2020, 11:24 PM)
The only clue I have is a forwarded WhatsApp message chronicling him attending wedding dinner & karaoke session in KL. However, as with all forwarded messages, they're never 100% reliable.

I might rename the thread should an outbreak takes place in Penang which I certainly don't hope to see.
Wow, I never realized that there's a lot of Whatsapp group full of these juicy information. No wonder, I've people telling me that's why the DG stopped giving out information since these groups managed to pin point the persons suspected of being infected, down to where there are staying... hmm.gif
KopiChia
post Mar 11 2020, 12:11 AM

Regular
1,779 posts

Penang now having toilet paper runs. Someone told me some fb got photos. I went to Sunshine Farlim. Almost all the cans of chicken and beef gone left are Sardines. Their toilet papers also gone.

user posted image
IMfae_
post Mar 11 2020, 12:12 AM

Enthusiast
887 posts

QUOTE(agewisdom @ Mar 10 2020, 11:22 PM)
I know. It's pretty frustrating.

At minimum:

1. Let us know how the cases inter-relate with each other.
2. How did the clusters form, so we can take precautions in similar situations.
3. Whether there are any new imported cases from countries other than China. E.g. US, Italy, Singapore etc.
4. How's the cases spread between each states.

I think these are all basic information that were originally disclosed and they're clamming up all of a sudden. Worst of all, they didn't have the courtesy to explain to the public why the change in methodology.
Yes, yes, yes and yes.

QUOTE(talexeh @ Mar 10 2020, 11:24 PM)

Alamak, wedding dinner and karaoke session? Doesn't it spell secret recipe for more cluster outbreak? shocking.gif

324 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:05 AM