Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Toyota, king of Japanese sports cars, Honda sports car mana?

views

netmatrix
post Feb 27 2020, 01:34 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

Its a BMW Z4 Coupe say its a BMW Z4 la!! Are rebadged Toyotas a thing now?

Toyota say too expensive to make fast car. BAM!!! Yaris GRMN. BAM!! "We are 24 hour Le Mans champion!!"

All those shit does not make their Corolla more reliable (2019).

Can make Supra from Lexus platform. Tak Mau. But Camry = Lexus ES. Memang Chibai.
netmatrix
post Feb 27 2020, 01:46 PM

6,491 posts

QUOTE(Liamness @ Feb 27 2020, 01:32 PM)
sure, Supra uses bmw, but you forget.. Toyota have racing pedigree and the Supra is the only sports car in their fleet.. Supra will eventually get the TRD experience..

Meanwhile Z4 will just be a Z4..

People already say the Supra feels better and faster. So go with the Supra.
You know TRD is already dead right? Now its Gazoo Racing. TRD does not make tuning parts anymore more than 10 years ago.

If anyone who owns a BMW in Europe, they will know Manthey Racing is the best and most winningest race tuners there. People will line up a long waiting list to get their cars prepped there. I'm still waiting for Japan to list out the vast tuning parts for it like the GT86.... which is almost non existent. Comparatively GT86 has chassis tuning parts 1 month after it was launched. Nearly a year there are super charger kits for it. As of now the Zupr4 is just Youtube material. And whats worse i saw videos of the Zupr4 GT class cars having 2 different engine sounds at different tracks. 1 is V8 and the other is IL6. Explains a lot about racing confidence there huh? I don't buy into the hype of this car just like i did for the GT86. All the fakery nonsense.
netmatrix
post Feb 27 2020, 04:59 PM

6,491 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Feb 27 2020, 01:47 PM)
Z4 does have a M variant.

i like this quote "it's as quick as you like it to be" that mean's it's slow with extra words  laugh.gif
but seriously the S54 engine is no slouch coz it's an M powered car engine
while the supra only gets the B558 which is the regular z4 engine
Thats why i said what i said. Last gen Z4 never had a coupe version. I read that BMW does not want to make a coupe version anymore. Somehow maybe BMW was approached by Toyota to make a coupe version and use the Supra name. That gen of bread van style Z4M is actually good looking. Most does not like it somehow. The new Zupr4 has that old Z4M silhouette. Since everything is BMW under there, you can bet all the BMW tuners in Europe would have a fun time with this car. I have a really hard time spotting Zupr4 in most of Japan car videos. Probably because it is very expensive to tune a German car than a "REAL JAPAN" car. Or maybe it is a loyalty or patriotic thing? When GT86/ BRZ came, Japan tuning shops went raining meatballs over this car. laugh.gif Can't say the same sentiment for Zupr4.

This post has been edited by netmatrix: Feb 27 2020, 05:00 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:21 AM