Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> RM32mil ended up in Najib’s personal accounts

views

party
post Feb 27 2020, 08:50 AM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Feb 27 2020, 08:36 AM)
How stupid isn't it, with all the evidence, audio clips, witnesses etc ... he still walks free. If a normal person he/she would have been in prison in a blink ... Is this fair and just or the system is broken?
Below.

QUOTE(ZerOne01 @ Feb 27 2020, 08:39 AM)
Law is for the poor. I always believe this, and you need to, too.
This. When you are rich you can hire tens of lawyers who can drill the lawbook and find there relevant things to fight.

If you are poor, fight apa lanjiao? its either u admit guilty or get a pro bono lawyer who might win u or still get jailed.
Dezs
post Feb 27 2020, 08:52 AM

Casual
408 posts

QUOTE(ZerOne01 @ Feb 27 2020, 08:39 AM)
I understand it's not the easiest case like stealing tabung but we afraid he will be free after all this shit. I am a melei but I don't condone this shit.
Law is for the poor. I always believe this, and you need to, too.
Deswai Agent 47 should be crowdfunded - thats how you get things done.
doppatroll
post Feb 27 2020, 08:54 AM

On my way
624 posts

QUOTE(nugget_piece @ Feb 27 2020, 08:35 AM)
i dont get it too.. always when involve politician, why so long?
they got the money to drag the court case....as most rich man do.....if petty thief, the judgement will be serve immediately
Spear2
post Feb 27 2020, 08:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,625 posts

QUOTE(ZerOne01 @ Feb 27 2020, 08:44 AM)
True. But the reality convinced me the same.
There are many cases people with power and wealth get away with offences easier than people without. In principle people with power and wealth are well connected to people who are in the business of dispensing justice. It is only when power is lost like in the case of Najib losing the last GE, justice is brought upon him. Law is not only for the poor but with power and money it can be abused.
limadekad
post Feb 27 2020, 09:00 AM

:)
592 posts

Truth be told this fits NR narrative of him being clueless of everything regarding SRC charges
ZerOne01
post Feb 27 2020, 09:02 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Feb 27 2020, 08:55 AM)
There are many cases people with power and wealth get away with offences easier than people without. In principle people with power and wealth are well connected to people who are in the business of dispensing justice. It is only when power is lost like in the case of Najib losing the last GE, justice is brought upon him. Law is not only for the poor but with power and money it can be abused.
Okay my point stand, but with additional point from you laugh.gif
Law is for the poor. The one with power and money can easily bypassed it.
Spear2
post Feb 27 2020, 09:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,625 posts

QUOTE(limadekad @ Feb 27 2020, 09:00 AM)
Truth be told this fits NR narrative of him being clueless of everything regarding SRC charges
Being clueless is not even a defensive argument against crime committed like you don't see lawyer/defendant argue I don't know killing is a crime. If it is your personal account, you are accountable for any transaction in the account, particularly when it is an active account. Feign ignorance is just so BS ...
bumpo
post Feb 27 2020, 09:08 AM

Casual
479 posts

is it when you transfer a big enuf amount, details of the account to transferring to becomes irrelevant and dont need to confirm anything? hmm.gif

and here we are.. mau transfer RM2 also can see whose name come up when enter bank acct no laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by bumpo: Feb 27 2020, 09:09 AM
limadekad
post Feb 27 2020, 09:19 AM

592 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Feb 27 2020, 09:07 AM)
Being clueless is not even a defensive argument against crime committed like you don't see lawyer/defendant argue I don't know killing is a crime. If it is your personal account, you are accountable for any transaction in the account, particularly when it is an active account. Feign ignorance is just so BS ...
There are 2 judgement he is facing, court and public.
He's using this to win the public perception and paint himself as the victim.
Another thing he never said he did not know what he did was wrong merely saying he wasn't aware of all the transaction (acc managed by someone else) and he never ordered any of the transaction.
Truth be told what other option does he have? It's not like he have any evidence he's innocent.

Spear2
post Feb 27 2020, 09:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,625 posts

QUOTE(limadekad @ Feb 27 2020, 09:19 AM)
There are 2 judgement he is facing, court and public.
He's using this to win the public perception and paint himself as the victim.
Another thing he never said he did not know what he did was wrong merely saying he wasn't aware of all the transaction (acc managed by someone else) and he never ordered any of the transaction.
Truth be told what other option does he have? It's not like he have any evidence he's innocent.
He used that account frequently so how is it he was not aware? Even if you are a rich guy, you spend 1M in a week from that account, after some time would you not ask your manager of that account, hey, how much left and why it seems limitless? The only defense is to show NR to be insane or abnormal, otherwise this kind of argument can be dismissed without wasting everyone time.
limadekad
post Feb 27 2020, 10:41 AM

592 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Feb 27 2020, 09:56 AM)
He used that account frequently so how is it he was not aware? Even if you are a rich guy, you spend 1M in a week from that account, after some time would you not ask your manager of that account, hey, how much left and why it seems limitless? The only defense is to show NR to be insane or abnormal, otherwise this kind of argument can be dismissed without wasting everyone time.
Read the second line ma
emburrar
post Feb 27 2020, 10:43 AM

7 posts

shock pikachu
alanyuppie
post Feb 27 2020, 10:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,693 posts

QUOTE(ZerOne01 @ Feb 27 2020, 09:33 AM)
So many accusations, he's still not in jail.
Some bloke stole rm2 from tabung masjid already masuk jail.
Please throw him into jail already
the incredible amount of accusations is working in his favor.... if he got 1000 accusations... this means its gonna take 10 more years to finish the trial. The lucky b**tard can enjoy civilian life for a decade more.

lyc1982
post Feb 27 2020, 10:51 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,114 posts

How stupid isn't it, with all the evidence, audio clips, witnesses etc ... he still walks free. If a normal person he/she would have been in prison in a blink ... Is this fair and just or the system is broken?
this is bolehland...

won't be surprised if najib goes scot-free
post Feb 27 2020, 10:55 AM

EimiFukada
All Stars
14,223 posts

BN macai diam diam ....... krik krik
FatalExe
post Feb 27 2020, 10:58 AM

On my way
679 posts

It's an international money laundering case that spans hundreds of shell companies and accounts and multiple financial jurisdictions across the world.

The court case is unprecedented in Malaysia and even the world. It takes time for all evidence to be rendered, discussed and witnesses cross examined.

This is the proper answer.

The question you should ask is not "why is the trial taking so long", it should be: "Why did the judge allow bail for these crooks?"
and85rew
post Feb 27 2020, 11:02 AM

Red Devil
675 posts

malu apa
MeToo
post Feb 27 2020, 11:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,525 posts

QUOTE(ZerOne01 @ Feb 27 2020, 08:33 AM)
So many accusations, he's still not in jail.
Some bloke stole rm2 from tabung masjid already masuk jail.
Please throw him into jail already
If the bloke who stole RM2 can afford Najib's lawyer, he will never see the inside of the jail.

The Law only works for the rich, the poor just suck it up.
Spear2
post Feb 27 2020, 11:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,625 posts

QUOTE(FatalExe @ Feb 27 2020, 10:58 AM)
It's an international money laundering case that spans hundreds of shell companies and accounts and multiple financial jurisdictions across the world.

The court case is unprecedented in Malaysia and even the world. It takes time for all evidence to be rendered, discussed and witnesses cross examined.

This is the proper answer.

The question you should ask is not "why is the trial taking so long", it should be:  "Why did the judge allow bail for these crooks?"
Yes it's complicated, but the chances that the judgments based on all the evidence etc ... are wrong is infinitesimally small. IOW justice tries to be perfect but it cannot spend 2 years digging details that are remotely related, as the saying goes, as long as beyond reasonable doubt, off you go to prison.
FatalExe
post Feb 27 2020, 12:05 PM

On my way
679 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Feb 27 2020, 11:23 AM)
Yes it's complicated, but the chances that the judgments based on all the evidence etc ... are wrong is infinitesimally small. IOW justice tries to be perfect but it cannot spend 2 years digging details that are remotely related, as the saying goes, as long as beyond reasonable doubt, off you go to prison.
Yup, but that's the disadvantage of a common law court. But it has to be like this, because innocent till proven guilty. The rule of law must be upheld, or else the consequences will be far more worse in the long run

What the judge can do is just deny bail for these overwhelmingly obvious cases.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0237sec    0.60    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st June 2020 - 01:07 AM