478 posts

Looks like break dance.
anakMY
post Feb 19 2020, 03:29 PM

Regular
1,348 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Feb 19 2020, 02:11 PM)
Hold steering straight???

You are suppose to countersteer with opposite lock, point the front wheels where you want to go and not look at where you don't want to go.

Just countersteer. Never press the brake. If the tail slide too much (happens if you are too late to react to the onset of the skid) you are suppose to press the acceletator. Yes, It is counter intuitive but that is the correct maneuver. (for. Most FWD cars. RwD will be a bit more complicated)

Your tail is sliding means there is no traction already at the back, letting off the accelerator or braking mean you are even transferring more weight off the rear of the car, what you need to do is to accelerate and transfer weight to the back while while countersteering.

I am an advanced driving and track instructor and this is what we teach our students.
what is the most common factor for the car to buang? slippery roads and bad tyres?
il0ve51
post Feb 19 2020, 03:41 PM

Enthusiast
984 posts

water pond in the middle, really noob when construct the road
supsupsui
post Feb 19 2020, 03:41 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

like russian road accident. scary
keyibukeyi
post Feb 19 2020, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

Relax road become hhhnnnggghhh road

SUSLawdRetep
post Feb 19 2020, 03:57 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

DEJA VU I HAVE BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE
jaycee1
post Feb 19 2020, 04:30 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Feb 19 2020, 03:15 PM)
Counter steer when the car is skid la.

Why you want to do that when it's not skid?

The driver always thinking the car is skid when go into the puddle water. Panic and apply brake.

You tell 1000x here also nobody will understand you. Cause such skill require to learn and training.
Indeed. Like I said, correct technique may be counter intuitive.

But seriously, stop being a smartarse and see what I am trying to say. Most people will NOT be able to react to the onset of the skid. They are already in a skid, so only proper recovery can save it.

Both cases can be saved. I have been even more crossed out before. Once I had to force a 360 to maintain correct trajectory.

That's why advance drivers training is important. BMW has it. Or you could take your car to a small track and have a go. Too bad Malaysia does not have many such programs.

Anyone that has any experience with circuit racing will be able To teach you the correct techiques.

For me, my experience is ice racing. So yeah, drifting is 2nd nature.

QUOTE(anakMY @ Feb 19 2020, 03:29 PM)
what is the most common factor for the car to buang? slippery roads and bad tyres?
1) too fast for road condition
2) also too fast for road condition
3) driver not paying attention to road / weather conditions
4) driver never check tyre wear
5) driver panic. Over input (brakes, steering lock)

Most factors point to the soft bits behind the steering wheel.

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Feb 19 2020, 05:26 PM
jaycee1
post Feb 19 2020, 04:49 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(ctw88 @ Feb 19 2020, 02:21 PM)
Actually what you said applies to FWD cars. I experienced that in my vios, give it a little counter-steer and a little gas, but dont overdo it. For my RWD cars, I wont press the accelerator. Just try to control via steering. My RWD cars tend to lose rear end grip going through bends with red speed strips
Correct.

I edited after posting. RWD is even more sensitive. Lift off and you could get a snap oversteer (more serious if manual) . Power on and you might get power oversteer. Just maintain constant throttle and countersteer

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Feb 19 2020, 02:33 PM)
Yeke?

Can I go to your class? Ive always wanted to prepare for these things, but I cant use my own car lah. I am sure you would have your track and what not? PM me the packages pun ok if you do not want to spam marketing links
I only conducted training when I was in Canada when I was active in racing. However as people have mentioned, you can register for BMWs sessions.

But if you are going to a track day (smaller track) you can PM me. I walk can you through.

Why can't use own car? The point is to know how your car handles and reacts so you know. Unless you have many years of circuit driving, it's best to use your own car.

Most drivers don t even get the basics right. Our syllabus starts with classroom, we teach about physics of weight transfer.

Then we teach you how to sit properly and hold the steering wheel (wrong sitting position will dull your response). Most people will get this wrong.

Then we only let you on the track.

But a few points that all advanced training will teach.

1) Abs braking (let you engage Abs so u can feel it, (most people unaware of Abs may unconsciously reduce brake Pressure when they feel the pulsing) and then teach you that you still need to steer to avoid something. If you were lucky, we even let you try a non Abs car so you can learn manual Abs. ;p

2) don't look at the object you are about to hit. You will hit it. Look where you can go to avoid. Hands will instinctively follow what you look at.

3) learn how little grip you actually have if you upset the car's balance. (over compensating, too abrupt braking, steering)

4) understeer / oversteer correction. You need to be able to feel the onset of understeer or oversteer so you can react quick enough to catch it)

And lastly and most important. Pay attention.

Incidentally, I was one of the 20 BMW instructor finalist (out of 400 shortlisted, went through 2 interview before the final 20 was evaluated with actual cars)for their program launch many many years ago. So I know their program is good. We were put to test with new BMWs at sepang by their German program instructor.

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Feb 19 2020, 05:24 PM
anakMY
post Feb 19 2020, 06:26 PM

Regular
1,348 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Feb 19 2020, 04:49 PM)
Correct.

I edited after posting. RWD is even more sensitive. Lift off and you could get a snap oversteer (more serious if manual) . Power on and you might get power oversteer. Just maintain constant throttle and countersteer
I only conducted training when I was in Canada when I was active in racing. However as people have mentioned, you can register for BMWs sessions.

But if you are going to a track day (smaller track) you can PM me. I walk can you through.

Why can't use own car? The point is to know how your car handles and reacts so you know. Unless you have many years of circuit driving, it's best to use your own car.
Most drivers don t even get the basics right. Our syllabus starts with classroom, we teach about physics of weight transfer.

Then we teach you how to sit properly and hold the steering wheel (wrong sitting position will dull your response). Most people will get this wrong.
Then we only let you on the track.
But a few points that all advanced training will teach.

1) Abs braking (let you engage Abs so u can feel it, (most people unaware of Abs may unconsciously reduce brake Pressure when they feel the pulsing) and then teach you that you still need to steer to avoid something. If you were lucky, we even let you try a non Abs car so you can learn manual Abs. ;p

2) don't look at the object you are about to hit. You will hit it. Look where you can go to avoid. Hands will instinctively follow what you look at.

3) learn how little grip you actually have if you upset the car's balance. (over compensating, too abrupt braking, steering)

4) understeer / oversteer correction. You need to be able to feel the onset of understeer or oversteer so you can react quick enough to catch it)
And lastly and most important. Pay attention.

Incidentally, I was one of the 20 BMW instructor finalist (out of 400 shortlisted, went through 2 interview before the final 20 was evaluated with actual cars)for their program launch many many years ago. So I know their program is good. We were put to test with new BMWs at sepang by their German program instructor.
Hi bro edi retired ? Or still conducting classes in malaysia ?

TrollNoob
post Feb 19 2020, 07:24 PM

On my way
626 posts

QUOTE(mi-g @ Feb 19 2020, 02:51 PM)
https://goo.gl/maps/4dTKAtAxbvfM29rC6

the axia & xtrail coming from cyberjaya heading to precint 5/6/8

this is next to Institut Kanser Negara
Yaaa... literally just went past just now.

Sorry. Just finish meeting.
Phoenix_KL
post Feb 19 2020, 07:27 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

yellow car like dancing
audi90
post Feb 19 2020, 07:29 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(lznce2679 @ Feb 19 2020, 02:03 PM)
axia spun, rolled & twisted
I want to laugh but berdosa.
keyser soze
post Feb 19 2020, 07:35 PM

On my way
521 posts

Bad road, without proper gradient and drainage. If car with proper traction control and not driving too fast should be safe. Without traction control most likely gg.
jaycee1
post Feb 19 2020, 10:30 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(anakMY @ Feb 19 2020, 06:26 PM)
Hi bro edi retired ? Or still conducting classes in malaysia ?
LOL. Already retired a long time ago.

But if interested to learn more and you are in KV area, feel free to PM me for some TT session if can get a group together. Maybe can organize a kart session. Best way to learn car control is with karts.

If enough interest can see if can organize a proper private track session.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0119sec    0.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:06 PM