post Feb 19 2020, 02:03 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

axia spun, rolled & twisted
jaycee1
post Feb 19 2020, 02:11 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(Quantum Geist @ Feb 19 2020, 12:31 PM)
gg, hydroplaning like that just release the gas and don't brake and don't try to compensate with steering and hope for the best
QUOTE(ozak @ Feb 19 2020, 12:59 PM)
It happens when the car go into the puddle of water.

Driver apply the brake and the car will skid lost control.

Alway do not apply brake but let go acc. Let the water slow down the car. Hold the steering straight.
Hold steering straight???

You are suppose to countersteer with opposite lock, point the front wheels where you want to go and not look at where you don't want to go.

Just countersteer. Never press the brake. If the tail slide too much (happens if you are too late to react to the onset of the skid) you are suppose to press the acceletator. Yes, It is counter intuitive but that is the correct maneuver. (for. Most FWD cars. RwD will be a bit more complicated)

Your tail is sliding means there is no traction already at the back, letting off the accelerator or braking mean you are even transferring more weight off the rear of the car, what you need to do is to accelerate and transfer weight to the back while while countersteering.

I am an advanced driving and track instructor and this is what we teach our students.

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Feb 19 2020, 02:15 PM
ikankering
post Feb 19 2020, 02:13 PM

42 posts

negroland cyberjaya?
mingyuyu
post Feb 19 2020, 02:14 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
3,248 posts

wait dah 2020 liao still people belip the tale of pouring oil?
Quantum Geist
post Feb 19 2020, 02:15 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Feb 19 2020, 02:11 PM)

You are suppose to countersteer with opposite lock, point the front wheels where you want to go and not look at where you don't want to go.

Just countersteer. Never press the brake. If the tail slide too much (happens if you are too late to react to the onset of the skid) you are suppose to press the acceletator. Yes, It is counter intuitive but that is the correct maneuver.

Your tail is sliding means there is no traction already at the back, letting off the accelerator or braking mean you are even transferring more weight off the rear of the car, what you need to do is to accelerate and transfer weight to the back while while countersteering.

I am an advanced driving and track instructor and this is what we teach our students.
thank you sifu, learned something new today
ctw88
post Feb 19 2020, 02:21 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

Just countersteer. Never press the brake. If the tail slide too much (happens if you are too late to react to the onset of the skid) you are suppose to press the acceletator. Yes, It is counter intuitive but that is the correct maneuver.

Actually what you said applies to FWD cars. I experienced that in my vios, give it a little counter-steer and a little gas, but dont overdo it. For my RWD cars, I wont press the accelerator. Just try to control via steering. My RWD cars tend to lose rear end grip going through bends with red speed strips
xplodingplastix
post Feb 19 2020, 02:26 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

that road quite wide. all the time cars there drive quite fast dry or rain. just cook up some story to claim insurance ler. if blkg lari just pedal up & countersteer lor, if rwd goodluck lor.
wild_card_my
post Feb 19 2020, 02:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

Just countersteer. Never press the brake. If the tail slide too much (happens if you are too late to react to the onset of the skid) you are suppose to press the acceletator. Yes, It is counter intuitive but that is the correct maneuver. (for. Most FWD cars. RwD will be a bit more complicated)

Yeke?

Can I go to your class? Ive always wanted to prepare for these things, but I cant use my own car lah. I am sure you would have your track and what not? PM me the packages pun ok if you do not want to spam marketing links
The_Rock
post Feb 19 2020, 02:33 PM

Casual
447 posts

QUOTE(siaoand1 @ Feb 19 2020, 12:43 PM)
I wonder if you know,
How they live in Tokyo,
If you seen it then you mean it
Then you know you have to go
FF3
mi-g
post Feb 19 2020, 02:39 PM

Part-time Troll
1,482 posts

here's the spot

https://goo.gl/maps/4dTKAtAxbvfM29rC6
Farkmylife
post Feb 19 2020, 02:44 PM

31 posts

Tried lost control like the suv before and clashed into a car at opposite lane, luckily noone was hurt, only light injury for me, trauma for life, still remember the moment when the impact strike and yeah i was driving a myvi that time.

This post has been edited by Farkmylife: Feb 19 2020, 02:44 PM
msacras
post Feb 19 2020, 02:51 PM

Regular
1,672 posts

QUOTE(siaoand1 @ Feb 19 2020, 12:43 PM)
I wonder if you know,
How they live in Tokyo,
If you seen it then you mean it
Then you know you have to go
Kansei dorifto!!!

This post has been edited by msacras: Feb 19 2020, 02:51 PM
mi-g

Part-time Troll
1,482 posts

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Feb 19 2020, 12:30 PM)
where exactly is that?
QUOTE(miaopurr @ Feb 19 2020, 12:32 PM)
that corner; exact location?
QUOTE(CoffeeDude @ Feb 19 2020, 12:34 PM)
where is that corner on google maps?
QUOTE(TrollNoob @ Feb 19 2020, 12:35 PM)
Later i check the KM.

Hard to explain.
QUOTE(shinichi88 @ Feb 19 2020, 01:32 PM)
Where is this road?
Somebody pin on google map..
https://goo.gl/maps/4dTKAtAxbvfM29rC6

the axia & xtrail coming from cyberjaya heading to precint 5/6/8

this is next to Institut Kanser Negara

ctw88

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Feb 19 2020, 02:33 PM)
Yeke?

Can I go to your class? Ive always wanted to prepare for these things, but I cant use my own car lah. I am sure you would have your track and what not? PM me the packages pun ok if you do not want to spam marketing links
bmw has advanced driving lessons few times in a year. you can try register for that
wild_card_my
post Feb 19 2020, 02:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(ctw88 @ Feb 19 2020, 02:51 PM)
bmw has advanced driving lessons few times in a year. you can try register for that
ah you are right. I just got my white card today too. If I am not mistaken, about RM2k. Considerable
pikacu
post Feb 19 2020, 02:56 PM

male tag rosak
7,740 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ Feb 19 2020, 02:14 PM)
wait dah 2020 liao still people belip the tale of pouring oil?
well..some critical spot really got ppl pour oil, in the past

nowadays almost cannot be seen
zeese
post Feb 19 2020, 02:57 PM

Warning Level
1,805 posts

QUOTE(iGamer @ Feb 19 2020, 01:38 PM)
Can sue govt or not? Seems it’s hotspot with obvious element to result in accident.
how to sue? Firstly, did he follow speed limit or not? If he did, then, he may proceed to the next step.
SUSJunctionProduce
post Feb 19 2020, 03:01 PM

23 posts

Tempat yg keras......
CoffeeDude
post Feb 19 2020, 03:09 PM

Regular
1,542 posts

QUOTE(iGamer @ Feb 19 2020, 01:38 PM)
Can sue govt or not? Seems it’s hotspot with obvious element to result in accident.
If it is 100% the road design fault, then every car would spin and result in accident.
If only a few cars end up in accident, it is the driver's own fault.
ozak
post Feb 19 2020, 03:15 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,545 posts

Counter steer when the car is skid la.

Why you want to do that when it's not skid?

The driver always thinking the car is skid when go into the puddle water. Panic and apply brake.

You tell 1000x here also nobody will understand you. Cause such skill require to learn and training.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.38    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:05 PM