Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University Applying to NUS | AY 20/21

views

jstan102
post May 27 2020, 10:39 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Hi, NUS has announced its plan to split its campus into multiple zones, where students within each zones will not be allowed to mingle with others from other zones, only with those within the same zone. As such, hostels will still admit students but we will be segregated according to our assigned zones.

So far, seems like Faculty of Arts and Social Science has officially announced that it will conduct its classes 100% online. There might be a chance if you're under this faculty you might not need to be in Singapore. The rest seems to have not have official statements yet.

We understand that the situation is very confusing right now for freshmen, and so is the case for us. Everything is constantly changing and we are unsure what might happened next, but we will be glad to provide all up to date information as the situation develops to the incoming freshmen. You may follow us on Facebook: @nus.msl.ufo or on Instagram @nus.msl.

We will soon be sending out an interest form to sign up for our annual UFO (University Freshman Outreach) as well as to set up a WhatsApp
groupchat where we will help you with administrative processes, preparations for the upcoming QET and most importantly fun games to get to know us and your fellow freshmen! So do stay tuned!

QUOTE(ooi max @ May 17 2020, 07:53 PM)
Oh I see, I guess for STPM the outcome is slighter later compare with  A level and Ausmat. I think I have to wait patiently for now.
The offer might still be given in June as people might not accept NUS offer, but STPM 4.0 usually is what NUS wants. 😁

This post has been edited by jstan102: May 27 2020, 10:40 PM
TSPikasean
post Jun 7 2020, 10:58 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

user posted image

[NUS Malaysian Students’ League eUFO15 Camp]

Sign-up link : tinyurl.com/nusmsl2020

Date : 8-10 July 2020
Venue : Online
Time : 2-6pm
Fee : No registration fee

Just got your offer and will be joining NUS this August? Have no idea what to do next? 😰 Fret not, we have you covered! MSL will be having our annual University Freshmen Outreach (UFO) camp this coming July.

Get to know other fellow Malaysians through the camp! You’ll meet some of the warmest and friendliest people on campus who’ll make you feel at home 🏡. Bond with your batchmates and seniors over fun orientation games and forge meaningful friendships! 👭🥳

We’ll also be sharing important info to help you settle down in NUS such as module registration, academic matters, student life, and more! Your friendly seniors will also be sharing more about navigating life in NUS. 📚🤓🧗 UFO is one of the biggest events of the year where most NUS Malaysians meet. You don’t want to miss it! 🇲🇾

Due to the current situation, the camp will be held online but don’t worry, we’ll try our best to make this memorable! 🎉

Feel free to contact any of us if you have any inquiries!
Lee Wei (WhatsApp :
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
)
Yuan Bing (WhatsApp:
)
Aaron Saw (WhatsApp:
)

Also, check out our social media for updates and helpful infos!
FB : https://www.facebook.com/nus.msl.ufo
IG : https://www.instagram.com/nus.msl/
malz89
post Jun 12 2020, 12:36 PM

On my way
526 posts

QUOTE(Pikasean @ Jun 7 2020, 10:58 PM)
user posted image

[NUS Malaysian Students’ League eUFO15 Camp]

Sign-up link : tinyurl.com/nusmsl2020

Date : 8-10 July 2020
Venue : Online
Time : 2-6pm
Fee : No registration fee

Just got your offer and will be joining NUS this August? Have no idea what to do next? 😰 Fret not, we have you covered! MSL will be having our annual University Freshmen Outreach (UFO) camp this coming July.

Get to know other fellow Malaysians through the camp! You’ll meet some of the warmest and friendliest people on campus who’ll make you feel at home 🏡. Bond with your batchmates and seniors over fun orientation games and forge meaningful friendships! 👭🥳

We’ll also be sharing important info to help you settle down in NUS such as module registration, academic matters, student life, and more! Your friendly seniors will also be sharing more about navigating life in NUS. 📚🤓🧗 UFO is one of the biggest events of the year where most NUS Malaysians meet. You don’t want to miss it! 🇲🇾

Due to the current situation, the camp will be held online but don’t worry, we’ll try our best to make this memorable! 🎉

Feel free to contact any of us if you have any inquiries!
Lee Wei    (WhatsApp :
)
Yuan Bing  (WhatsApp:
)
Aaron Saw (WhatsApp:
)

Also, check out our social media for updates and helpful infos!
FB : https://www.facebook.com/nus.msl.ufo
IG : https://www.instagram.com/nus.msl/
I doubt they would allow it, as of now. The school has decided to extend online activities till end of July I suppose?
lamborghini_mong P
post Jun 12 2020, 10:39 PM

Probation
1 posts

Dear Pikasean, Thanks for sharing! I'm so excited coming to NUS and meeting fellow Malaysians here !! biggrin.gif
Eddieeeeee P
post Jun 13 2020, 07:53 PM

Probation
2 posts

How do we even travel to Singapore at this time? We're on RMCO till 31 August 2020. Does anyone know how to deal with this?
Karuo
post Jun 13 2020, 07:55 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(Eddieeeeee @ Jun 13 2020, 07:53 PM)
How do we even travel to Singapore at this time? We're on RMCO till 31 August 2020. Does anyone know how to deal with this?
+1, when do we even need to be there and how? is bus travel possible or only flights?
malz89
post Jun 14 2020, 03:20 PM

On my way
526 posts

QUOTE(Karuo @ Jun 13 2020, 07:55 PM)
+1, when do we even need to be there and how? is bus travel possible or only flights?
Most likely they gonna relieve soon (moving to phase 2). They will be allowing malaysians to enter via the Causeway with the caveat of being quarantined.

Anyway, students are not allowed to be in the campus until the end of July. So, I guess you guys may not have to worry for the time being.
TSPikasean
post Jun 14 2020, 08:09 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(Eddieeeeee @ Jun 13 2020, 07:53 PM)
If you're a freshman matriculating this year, please contact the people detailed in my post above to help you with your questions.
TSPikasean
post Jun 14 2020, 08:10 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(Karuo @ Jun 13 2020, 07:55 PM)
Please contact the people detailed in my post above if you're matriculating this year
Eddieeeeee P
post Jun 29 2020, 06:07 PM

Probation
2 posts

So we r able to travel abroad now!

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/202...-exit-c/1879166

What else should we present other than offer letter, IPA letter, entry of approval, etc?
scgoh123
post Jun 30 2020, 12:02 AM

【鬼の隠し拳:天地ガエシ】
846 posts

QUOTE(Eddieeeeee @ Jun 29 2020, 07:07 PM)
So we r able to travel abroad now!

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/202...-exit-c/1879166

What else should we present other than offer letter, IPA letter, entry of approval, etc?
Don't forget to print out a copy of medical checkup form if you want to do your health checkup in NUS.

A tip from me: Sharpen your English skills as much as you can before you go!
hao004 P
post Dec 29 2020, 09:44 PM

Probation
16 posts

hello,
out of curiosity, when singapore unis are shortlisting students for the asean scholarship, will there be a certain area of courses students applied for that are more desirable? Eg. Engineering students higher chances receiving the scholarship. Also, from ur experience, are 4 A lvls subjects and 3 A lvls really the clear cut between being awarded with the scholarship and not?
tks
Lshuang
post Mar 2 2021, 06:10 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(hao004 @ Dec 29 2020, 09:44 PM)
hello,
out of curiosity, when singapore unis are shortlisting students for the asean scholarship, will there be a certain area of courses students applied for that are more desirable? Eg. Engineering students higher chances receiving the scholarship. Also, from ur experience, are 4 A lvls subjects and 3 A lvls really the clear cut between being awarded with the scholarship and not?
tks
From what I know less competitive courses for admission would give you a higher chance of getting a scholarship, ie. anything besides Law, Medicine, Dentistry.

I can't say for sure as I was from STPM, but I think the same principle probably applies in that if two people had the same type of grades, eg. all A*s, then the number of subjects might be one of the factors of consideration, but not very important. Your CCAs and interview performance would matter more.

Hope this helps!

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0193sec    0.57    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:15 PM