Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Hotel buffet wedding dinner, advice needed

views

TSjosephcvh
post Feb 12 2020, 05:32 PM, updated 6d ago

26 posts

Hi all,

Has anyone tried held wedding dinner at hotel buffet? e.g. Lemon Garden? Mosaic? or etc?

Was thinking to do a simple wedding dinner, and just invite close friends and close relatives for a simple dinner.

Not going to do traditional chinese wedding dinner.

Why I chose buffet? Guest can eat all they want. And leave whenever they want. Me and my partner able to interact with all the guest whilst they are eating and so on.

Any comments or suggestion are welcome.

Thanks guys.
chelseafanz
post Feb 12 2020, 05:39 PM

Casual
333 posts

Not necessary hotel buffet, a lot of other nice venue to held small banquet, it can be buffet or 5 course dinner those type.
For example, like glass house in bangsar, can do that small wedding banquet style.
TSjosephcvh
post Feb 12 2020, 05:54 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(chelseafanz @ Feb 12 2020, 05:39 PM)
Not necessary hotel buffet, a lot of other nice venue to held small banquet, it can be buffet or 5 course dinner those type.
For example, like glass house in bangsar, can do that small wedding banquet style.
Thank you for your feedback chelseafanz.

I have think about glass house and other nice venue. but then I will need to rent the place, decorate the place n so on. If at hotel easier, such as Lemon Garden/Mosaic have nice environment. Just my 2 cents.

Any how I will think about your suggestion. Long way to go. Still at planning stage.

Thanks again. smile.gif
Aeon_Clock
post Feb 12 2020, 07:37 PM

Caped Crusader
4,128 posts

if the hotel has a buffet dinner package...then go ahead. I've been to one at KL Tower...it was a buffet dinner. Though one thing they did badly was that one of the dish was good and the rest was just so-so...ended up the good dish finished damn fast and they didn't have enough. We had to queue...which was a first for wedding dinners and I just waited till there was less people.

Wedding buffets might be affected like this because its a set number of people and they don't keep bringing out food. If they do, and this is an isolated incident being up so high at KL Tower then its all good...go ahead with your wedding buffet.

This post has been edited by Aeon_Clock: Feb 12 2020, 07:37 PM
chelseafanz
post Feb 13 2020, 08:56 AM

Casual
333 posts

QUOTE(josephcvh @ Feb 12 2020, 05:54 PM)
Thank you for your feedback chelseafanz.

I have think about glass house and other nice venue. but then I will need to rent the place, decorate the place n so on. If at hotel easier, such as Lemon Garden/Mosaic have nice environment. Just my 2 cents.

Any how I will think about your suggestion. Long way to go. Still at planning stage.

Thanks again.  smile.gif
Agree, but most hotel restaurant like Lemon Garden those, i doubt they will block out whole night for the wedding party as i would think they would have minimum spending there to reserve the entire place.
After being wedding photographer for few years, i have not cover wedding at those restaurant before.

TSjosephcvh
post Feb 13 2020, 10:32 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(Aeon_Clock @ Feb 12 2020, 07:37 PM)
if the hotel has a buffet dinner package...then go ahead. I've been to one at KL Tower...it was a buffet dinner. Though one thing they did badly was that one of the dish was good and the rest was just so-so...ended up the good dish finished damn fast and they didn't have enough. We had to queue...which was a first for wedding dinners and I just waited till there was less people.

Wedding buffets might be affected like this because its a set number of people and they don't keep bringing out food. If they do, and this is an isolated incident being up so high at KL Tower then its all good...go ahead with your wedding buffet.
Thank you for your feedback Aeon_Clock.

A good point on the food taste standard and queue on the finished food. Will take note on this.

Thank you. Appreciate it.
TSjosephcvh
post Feb 13 2020, 10:40 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(chelseafanz @ Feb 13 2020, 08:56 AM)
Agree, but most hotel restaurant like Lemon Garden those, i doubt they will block out whole night for the wedding party as i would think they would have minimum spending there to reserve the entire place.
After being wedding photographer for few years, i have not cover wedding at those restaurant before.
chelseafanz, agree on the block out the night part. Still need to email/call to discuss with the hotel & restaurant management on this. Guest to invite for the dinner is just approximately 120.

On the Shangri-la website there's a wedding dinner buffet package where its double the price of the normal buffet at Lemon Garden. They might push me the package. Still searching for other option buffet.

Yes, been searching around for blogs and web. Not much info or photos of the wedding dinner buffet. That's why I came here and ask if anyone been to or held before.
Blofeld
post Feb 14 2020, 08:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,001 posts

I've attended one buffet dinner wedding before.

A small gathering with a few tables in a hotel by the beach.
TSjosephcvh
post Feb 14 2020, 11:12 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Feb 14 2020, 08:32 AM)
I've attended one buffet dinner wedding before.

A small gathering with a few tables in a hotel by the beach.
Blofeld, thank you for your feedback.

It seems to me that wedding buffet dinner is not common.

May I know the hotel name if u dun mind?

Thanks.
Blofeld
post Feb 14 2020, 12:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,001 posts

QUOTE(josephcvh @ Feb 14 2020, 11:12 AM)
Blofeld, thank you for your feedback.

It seems to me that wedding buffet dinner is not common.

May I know the hotel name if u dun mind?

Thanks.
I have forgotten the exact location because that was like 20 years ago.

It's either Rasa Sayang, Golden Sands or Holiday Inn Resort. They are all hotels by the beach in Penang.

Basically, the hotel set up the tent on the beach for them. There is a small stage as well inside the tent. There are about 10 round tables and the long banquet tables for the buffet food at the side of the tent. So, basically the entire set up is on the beach by the seaside.

Luckily it didn't rain that day. But if it rains, it's not so good la.

This post has been edited by Blofeld: Feb 14 2020, 12:31 PM
TSjosephcvh
post Feb 14 2020, 03:30 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Feb 14 2020, 12:31 PM)
I have forgotten the exact location because that was like 20 years ago.

It's either Rasa Sayang, Golden Sands or Holiday Inn Resort. They are all hotels by the beach in Penang.

Basically, the hotel set up the tent on the beach for them. There is a small stage as well inside the tent. There are about 10 round tables and the long banquet tables for the buffet food at the side of the tent. So, basically the entire set up is on the beach by the seaside.

Luckily it didn't rain that day. But if it rains, it's not so good la.
Wow that's quite long ago.

Not planning to do outdoor. Just indoor and simple dinner will do.

Noted. Will check it out.

Thanks for the info Blofeld.
WeiLoonChuak
post Feb 14 2020, 06:27 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

parking ... having same planning as TS as well, only wedding dinner for relative around 100pax, not sure is my parent can accept western food, they sill prefer Chinese restaurant ...
MeToo
post Feb 14 2020, 07:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,470 posts

yes why not.

Especially if its close friends/relative.

I booked half the buffet restaurant at a 5 star hotel with free flow beer/wine for my daughters full month. Its certainly doable, they even cordon up the area for you and placed balloons etc. You can approach them to put flowers etc they will be happy to oblige (at a cost).
MeToo
post Feb 14 2020, 07:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,470 posts

QUOTE(WeiLoonChuak @ Feb 14 2020, 06:27 PM)
parking ... having same planning as TS as well, only wedding dinner for relative around 100pax, not sure is my parent can accept western food, they sill prefer Chinese restaurant ...
For 100 pax (aka 10 tables), I recommend you The Bankers Club, they can do chinese food, fusion etc. it feels very exclusive, they have a cocktail area with grand paino etc.. go google it and you will know what I mean.
TSjosephcvh
post Feb 14 2020, 07:33 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Feb 14 2020, 07:22 PM)
yes why not.

Especially if its close friends/relative.

I booked half the buffet restaurant at a 5 star hotel with free flow beer/wine for my daughters full month. Its certainly doable, they even cordon up the area for you and placed balloons etc. You can approach them to put flowers etc they will be happy to oblige (at a cost).
Yea just close friends/relatives only.

May i know what is the 5 star hotel name is? I might need to do some research.

Thank you MeToo.
TSjosephcvh
post Feb 14 2020, 07:34 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(WeiLoonChuak @ Feb 14 2020, 06:27 PM)
Yea mine also approx 100pax from both side. Just close friends and relatives. Buffet also include some Chinese food. More variety to choose. biggrin.gif
MeToo
post Feb 14 2020, 09:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,470 posts

QUOTE(josephcvh @ Feb 14 2020, 07:33 PM)
Yea just close friends/relatives only.

May i know what is the 5 star hotel name is? I might need to do some research.

Thank you MeToo.
I had mine at majestic KL
TSjosephcvh
post Feb 15 2020, 12:57 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Feb 14 2020, 09:44 PM)
I had mine at majestic KL
MeToo, noted and thank you for the info. smile.gif
Blofeld
post Feb 15 2020, 01:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,001 posts

QUOTE(josephcvh @ Feb 14 2020, 03:30 PM)
Wow that's quite long ago.

Not planning to do outdoor. Just indoor and simple dinner will do.

Noted. Will check it out.

Thanks for the info Blofeld.
You can arrange for indoor too if you want at any hotels.

Like once many years ago, my college friends organised a college club dinner at a small ballroom (in a hotel) with about 5-7 tables with buffet dinner style. I remember paying like RM40 for the dinner ticket organised by the club. So, you can roughly do the calculation and see how much it costs.

This post has been edited by Blofeld: Feb 15 2020, 01:26 AM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0408sec    1.99    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th February 2020 - 06:44 PM