Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

install accessories will void warranty?, hybrid car

views

TStopmix92
post Feb 11 2020, 03:22 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
84 posts

Just own a hrv hybrid 1.5

Some accessories shop mention will void warranty because hybrid very sensitive, SC will said is accessories install not well and battery spoil etc.
my SA said no issue for plug n play accessories.

Need you guys advise.
I just want install double lock / pedal lock

Hades76
post Feb 11 2020, 03:31 PM

On my way
650 posts

Oh Honda. Any mod or accessories will void the warranty
TStopmix92
post Feb 11 2020, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(Hades76 @ Feb 11 2020, 03:31 PM)
Oh Honda. Any mod or accessories will void the warranty
is honda issue?
only honda own sell accessories can?
abubin
post Feb 11 2020, 03:36 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

If follow by the book this is not only limited to hybrid. All other cars also have this clause. Anything you change that is not authorised by SC will void warranty. However, it is not executed to the tee. Therefore, SC usually close one eye.

As for your hybrid of adding double lock. It should be fine. It's just that the acc shop dare not do the job as they are not experience enough. You could probably go to another acc shop that have experience with hybrids.
TStopmix92
post Feb 11 2020, 03:43 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Feb 11 2020, 03:36 PM)
If follow by the book this is not only limited to hybrid. All other cars also have this clause. Anything you change that is not authorised by SC will void warranty. However, it is not executed to the tee. Therefore, SC usually close one eye.

As for your hybrid of adding double lock. It should be fine. It's just that the acc shop dare not do the job as they are not experience enough. You could probably go to another acc shop that have experience with hybrids.
acc shop ok
they just double confirm to me only
look scare me
said MIGHT void warranty

i still new
just scare got SC kacao kacao if your car really got problem
cucubud
post Feb 11 2020, 04:54 PM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

Last time UMW Toyota salesman also told me the same thing.
I told him to install the Locktech but don't connect the wires.

fireballs
post Feb 11 2020, 09:48 PM

5,627 posts

Rule of thumb, as long as you can restore it to original before sending to SC, then is ok
matrix88
post Feb 11 2020, 09:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,098 posts

locktech double lock no problem...... no issue on warranrt!!!!
woodentiger86
post Feb 12 2020, 08:54 AM

Budding DIY Detailer & Avid Gamer
2,414 posts

Accessory shops more than happy to do so long there's willing buyer.

Otherwise how special number plates still got market despite confirmed saman from JPJ if kena roadblock?

Anyways, installation of pedal lock/mirror fold stuffs ought to be fine since P&P.
littlefire
post Feb 12 2020, 12:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

Just buy the brake padel lock that lock behind the brake padel. That is the most hated safety features for car thief as they need a lot of time to break it if without key. That 1 for sure no impact as it can be taken out and not installed with any part of the car. Dont install the one that need to link or install below with the steering arm cover permanently, some car if got knee air-bag will even worse if accident.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Feb 12 2020, 12:01 PM
Hades76
post Feb 12 2020, 12:03 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(topmix92 @ Feb 11 2020, 03:35 PM)
is honda issue?
only honda own sell accessories can?
Honda is very particular when it comes to mods. Honda also has their own accessories but they dont have all that we want like the double lock and so on.

You can install whatver you want, the problem will arise IF you have a warranty claim. If you never have a warranty claim then you are safe. If you do, then better you demod the accessories and then go for warranty claim.

So here comes the dilemma, say you change the head unit to after market. Then your cabin light spoilt, they can just say your head unit cause this and void warranty, cause issues with electrical system, even though the chances of it being related is almost nill.
SleepingAran
post Feb 12 2020, 03:50 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(Hades76 @ Feb 12 2020, 12:03 PM)
Honda is very particular when it comes to mods. Honda also has their own accessories but they dont have all that we want like the double lock and so on.

You can install whatver you want, the problem will arise IF you have a warranty claim. If you never have a warranty claim then you are safe. If you do, then better you demod the accessories and then go for warranty claim.

So here comes the dilemma, say you change the head unit to after market. Then your cabin light spoilt, they can just say your head unit cause this and void warranty, cause issues with electrical system, even though the chances of it being related is almost nill.
I believe you can file a complain to KPDNHEP for voiding your warranty without appropriate reasons. And if your accessory does not touches the clauses that might cause warranty to void, I believe KPDNHEP will handle the case for you.

I once got a Proton SC saying my window run-channel rubber spoil because the tinted is too thick (whatever that means lol), then I report this to KPDNHEP, KPDNHEP give me a feedback letter, I bring the letter to Proton SC, and they let me claim the rubber.

Know your rights guys.
abubin
post Feb 12 2020, 04:00 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

Not that simple for pedal lock as it will tap into the car electrical system. But yeah this is debatable.

BTW, if TS is still around, what is your FC like for the car?
arza04
post Feb 12 2020, 05:12 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

Honda...u do anything plug n play also void la, not just for hybrid vehicle. Somemore not just void certain area u mod, whole car warranty void

Some sc still can slow talk to de-mod before claim warranty...but mostly just void

ah_suknat
post Feb 12 2020, 05:34 PM

whoooooooooooooop
5,170 posts

QUOTE(woodentiger86 @ Feb 12 2020, 12:54 AM)
Accessory shops more than happy to do so long there's willing buyer.

Otherwise how special number plates still got market despite confirmed saman from JPJ if kena roadblock?

Anyways, installation of pedal lock/mirror fold stuffs ought to be fine since P&P.
And I guess SC also more than happy to void the warranty if they can find any reasons 😂
TStopmix92
post Feb 12 2020, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Feb 12 2020, 04:00 PM)
Not that simple for pedal lock as it will tap into the car electrical system. But yeah this is debatable.

BTW, if TS is still around, what is your FC like for the car?
i am here.
just wish to install this anti thief system only

lol how about change from halogen to led those small item also void?
TStopmix92
post Feb 12 2020, 07:40 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(SleepingAran @ Feb 12 2020, 03:50 PM)
I believe you can file a complain to KPDNHEP for voiding your warranty without appropriate reasons. And if your accessory does not touches the clauses that might cause warranty to void, I believe KPDNHEP will handle the case for you.

I once got a Proton SC saying my window run-channel rubber spoil because the tinted is too thick (whatever that means lol), then I report this to KPDNHEP, KPDNHEP give me a feedback letter, I bring the letter to Proton SC, and they let me claim the rubber.

Know your rights guys.
can share the procedure and the way how you report to them?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.06    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:05 AM