Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Termination of Tenancy, To Cancel Rent to this Tenant

views

TSzsnipes
post Feb 10 2020, 02:06 AM, updated 5y ago

Enthusiast
877 posts

Hi All, need some guide from experienced members here.

My Tenancy Agreement with the Tenant going to be expired on 31st March 2020 (1 year agreement only), and I do not want to rent to this Tenant anymore.

Reason is this Tenant always owing rental & I need keep follow up every day and every month same case, very tired. Previous Tenant never do that, only this Tenant after rented for 15 years!

I drafted a letter below to send to the Tenant, hope members can comment the letter and advise me further. Thanks.

DRAFT LETTER

Dear Mr XXX

RE: TERMINATION OF TENANCY ON UNIT NO. XXXX, TAMAN XXX

Reference to our Tenancy Agreement dated 1st April 2019, the expiration will be on 31st March 2020.

We do not wish to extend to rent the property to you in effect from 1st April 2020.

As such, the final month for the Tenancy to be paid will be March 2020 rental.

The Deposits will be refunded to you by 1st April 2020 based on the terms within the Tenancy Agreement signed.

Thank you.

Hope someone here can advise me further.
Thank again.
CRaider2
post Feb 10 2020, 03:04 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

probably give a reason ie selling, going to stay yourself etc. Then the refund date is after tenant has returned the keys and you did a visual inspection and determined nothing needs to be fixed.
Pain4UrsinZ
post Feb 10 2020, 10:05 AM

Regular
1,775 posts

QUOTE(CRaider2 @ Feb 10 2020, 03:04 AM)
probably give a reason ie selling, going to stay yourself etc. Then the refund date is after tenant has returned the keys and you did a visual inspection and determined nothing needs to be fixed.
if i am a tenant can i use back the same as TS post and send to my landlord ?
Hades76
post Feb 10 2020, 10:10 AM

On my way
650 posts

I will call the tenant and tell up front. Dont need to hide bad news in the mail.

Call and say you want back the apartment for personal stay or whatever reason you can think of.

Do it fast as March is just around the corner. People need to look for another place and that takes time.
nexona88
post Feb 10 2020, 01:20 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,840 posts

just inform asap..
whatever reason is yours as u the owner..
just that u needed to give notice... since march.. now is the best time to give notice. they needed time also... cannot give like 1 week to go out right tongue.gif
SUSuamcy
post Feb 10 2020, 02:37 PM

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
637 posts

QUOTE(zsnipes @ Feb 10 2020, 02:06 AM)
Hi All, need some guide from experienced members here.

My Tenancy Agreement with the Tenant going to be expired on 31st March 2020 (1 year agreement only), and I do not want to rent to this Tenant anymore.

Reason is this Tenant always owing rental & I need keep follow up every day and every month same case, very tired. Previous Tenant never do that, only this Tenant after rented for 15 years!

I drafted a letter below to send to the Tenant, hope members can comment the letter and advise me further. Thanks.
DRAFT LETTER

Dear Mr XXX

RE: TERMINATION OF TENANCY ON UNIT NO. XXXX, TAMAN XXX

Reference to our Tenancy Agreement dated 1st April 2019, the expiration will be on 31st March 2020.

We do not wish to extend to rent the property to you in effect from 1st April 2020.

As such, the final month for the Tenancy to be paid will be March 2020 rental.

The Deposits will be refunded to you by 1st April 2020 based on the terms within the Tenancy Agreement signed.

Thank you.

Hope someone here can advise me further.
Thank again.
Why do you need to be so troublesome? What is stated in the previous contract with the current tenant? 1+1 something like that or only 1 year or you promised the tenant will further renting to him as long as he likes? laugh.gif

If you have promised him something orally which you did not tell us, then there will be a collateral contract between both parties.
chamelion
post Feb 10 2020, 02:44 PM

Back to Bricking
2,751 posts

you call and tell them you are selling.
no need give b/w.

also, you need to monitor monthly utility from now on so the tenant cannot burn their downpayment with unpaid utility.
CRaider2
post Feb 10 2020, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(Pain4UrsinZ @ Feb 10 2020, 10:05 AM)
if i am a tenant can i use back the same as TS post and send to my landlord ?
As a tenant not a problem. Just give notice as stipulated in your TA. TS notice should have been given in Dec ideally to allow tenant to make arrangements. Seems a bit rushed now. Usually 1+1 is 1 year fixed and another year determined by either party. Most will understand if you inform early so others can make arrangement.
TSzsnipes
post Feb 11 2020, 12:24 AM

Enthusiast
877 posts

QUOTE(CRaider2 @ Feb 10 2020, 02:56 PM)
As a tenant not a problem. Just give notice as stipulated in your TA. TS notice should have been given in Dec ideally to allow tenant to make arrangements. Seems a bit rushed now. Usually 1+1 is 1 year fixed and another year determined by either party. Most will understand if you inform early so others can make arrangement.
Ya, 1 year fixed + 1 year Option to Renew.
So i can take back the house?
Piekzz
post Feb 11 2020, 02:29 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(emerald97 @ Feb 11 2020, 12:32 AM)
Be careful of this guy. His name is Chang Chun Chek. He is from Johor Bahru but working in Seri Kembangan. He is a cheater and he likes to play with a young girls. He will say that he is a divorcee but he is still married.
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2020/02/11/5egE4Q.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2020/02/11/5egE4Q.md.jpg </a>
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2020/02/11/5egxv1.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2020/02/11/5egxv1.md.jpg </a>
Wechat: firstsiriusman
Whatsapp: 01135507710
???
SUSuamcy
post Feb 11 2020, 05:59 PM

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
637 posts

QUOTE(zsnipes @ Feb 11 2020, 12:24 AM)
Ya, 1 year fixed + 1 year Option to Renew.
So i can take back the house?
Option to renew for 1 year means the tenant can choose to renew it.
TSzsnipes
post Feb 12 2020, 05:19 PM

Enthusiast
877 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Feb 11 2020, 05:59 PM)
Option to renew for 1 year means the tenant can choose to renew it.
Landlord not willing to renew it, okay?
propertybuddy
post Feb 12 2020, 06:29 PM

Enthusiast
754 posts

If there is no more tenancy agreement, and tenant did not communicate intention to renewal, all u need to do is to inform the tenant (written or call or text).

Also can request earlier unit inspection if you were to offer him a rental Depo refund a day after tenancy end date.
TSzsnipes
post Feb 12 2020, 08:33 PM

Enthusiast
877 posts

QUOTE(propertybuddy @ Feb 12 2020, 06:29 PM)
If there is no more tenancy agreement, and tenant did not  communicate intention to renewal, all u need to do is to inform the tenant (written or call or text).

Also can request earlier unit inspection if you were to offer him a rental Depo refund a day after tenancy end date.
Already tried call his mobile phone few times but he don't answer the phone, immediately he replied Whatsapp message postponed the payment again.
Then I write to him via Whatsapp notify to take back the house, but he didn't reply at all.

Do I need to write again in Hardcopy letter traditional mail to him? Whatsapp mesaage can use as official notification?

Please advise.
TSzsnipes
post Feb 20 2020, 11:37 PM

Enthusiast
877 posts

Hi, can someone advise what need to do?
The Tenant is ignoring me even I tried call him & texted him and also email him already.
He didn't say agree to move out by 1/4/2020 or not, he just ignoring.
What can be done?
marvellHero
post Feb 21 2020, 10:38 AM

Casual
499 posts

QUOTE(zsnipes @ Feb 12 2020, 08:33 PM)
Already tried call his mobile phone few times but he don't answer the phone, immediately he replied Whatsapp message postponed the payment again.
Then I write to him via Whatsapp notify to take back the house, but he didn't reply at all.

Do I need to write again in Hardcopy letter traditional mail to him? Whatsapp mesaage can use as official notification?

Please advise.
Contact your lawyer and let them handle this bugger Tenant by noticing him that failed to respond will proceed to file the suit against him/her.
Send the letter to the tenant through whatsapp, email, and hard copy through building management (consider as a witness).

Do not refund the deposit. at least, worst come to worst, you can minimize the loss.

I hope it helps and hopes you can resolve this problem immediately.
darkmusses
post Feb 21 2020, 11:08 AM

On my way
565 posts

Why inform now when you already know the tenant already pain in the ass ..

It is unfair to tenant if you do it around this time which I'm sure you will not want in this similar situation if you are a tenant. Also, inform the tenant of not continuing after TA expired which should be done at min. one month before TA expired.

Sent out the letter asap for b/w supporting if required ..

As per the letter content, you should stipulate as per TA and refund accordingly which I assume you stated the refund within x time frame once property check for damage after moving out.

Do not forget to monitor your utilities too ..

TSzsnipes
post Feb 22 2020, 09:04 PM

Enthusiast
877 posts

QUOTE(darkmusses @ Feb 21 2020, 11:08 AM)
Why inform now when you already know the tenant already pain in the ass ..

It is unfair to tenant if you do it around this time which I'm sure you will not want in this similar situation if you are a tenant. Also, inform the tenant of not continuing after TA expired which should be done at min. one month before TA expired.

Sent out the letter asap for b/w supporting if required ..

As per the letter content, you should stipulate as per TA and refund accordingly which I assume you stated the refund within x time frame once property check for damage after moving out.

Do not forget to monitor your utilities too ..
I already informed him earlier more than 1 month before the TA expiring (31/3/2020), he just ignored it.

Even if time too short for him to find a house to move, I am okay he still rent one or two month more (April & May 2020), though the TA to be expired on 31/3/2020.
Can I rent extra 2 months to him without TA renewal due to he unable to find a house?
darkmusses
post Feb 24 2020, 09:02 AM

On my way
565 posts

QUOTE(zsnipes @ Feb 22 2020, 09:04 PM)
I already informed him earlier more than 1 month before the TA expiring (31/3/2020), he just ignored it.

Even if time too short for him to find a house to move, I am okay he still rent one or two month more (April & May 2020), though the TA to be expired on 31/3/2020.
Can I rent extra 2 months to him without TA renewal due to he unable to find a house?
You can but at your risk because if anything happen, you are not protected by the law due to no TA. It may be even harder for you to evacuate your tenant later too.
TSzsnipes
post Mar 16 2020, 01:42 PM

Enthusiast
877 posts

QUOTE(darkmusses @ Feb 24 2020, 09:02 AM)
You can but at your risk because if anything happen, you are not protected by the law due to no TA. It may be even harder for you to evacuate your tenant later too.
So, what's the recommendation?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0213sec    0.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:44 PM