Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Wedding ceremony/dinner + war situation.

views

pillage2001
post Feb 13 2020, 01:00 AM

Regular
1,894 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 13 2020, 12:38 AM)
Wah....MIL also kena cuci.... lol strong but it sucks getting shipped half a globe away when you're that young and you don't know what the fark is going on.
SUSBillCollector
post Feb 14 2020, 01:20 AM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(Le8055 @ Feb 11 2020, 03:21 PM)
Any new updates on this?
I've told her I will attend in principle but it is up to her to convince her father.
icemanfx
post Feb 14 2020, 06:19 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,791 posts

QUOTE(BillCollector @ Feb 14 2020, 01:20 AM)
I've told her I will attend in principle but it is up to her to convince her father.
Believe this is a opportunity for you to sponsor your u.s guardians to the wedding for a reunion and reconciliation.
Wassupman
post Feb 14 2020, 09:19 AM

Enthusiast
722 posts

who pays for the dinner who calls the shot la...

anyway its people's big day.. dont go be the superstar instead.
your so called half sis will understand and anyway she would be too busy to even think of your presence unless there is something between you and her which you didn't share.

anyhow here's the last advise. don't burden or tired yourself by hating others. it just shows you couldn't move on. why so stupid? when you let it go and you will realize you have won the "war".

let it go.. let it go...
SUSLiamness
post Feb 14 2020, 12:24 PM

Casual
445 posts

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Feb 8 2020, 09:07 PM)
Very distasteful the way you treat others TS. You can't even show basic respect to someone old enough to be your father. If you are afraid that peace will encourage them to ask for money learn how to say no without getting into a quarrel. Or are you afraid that you lack basic social skills to fend off requests for money until you have to prolong a pointless war?
step father that treated the step son harshly to the point of almost abuse?.. shit, I wouldn't have any respect either.. and neither would i let myself slip up from a war..

as for the step-sis, it's clearly obvious she is only inviting TS over because she wants to claim money/angpau..

If I was TS, and if the step-sis was equally a snob, then i would just ask her to sod off and give her a small angpau.

Edit: i have noticed she or the fiance is from Penang.. even more reason to give a small angpau.. I hate Penangites.. they are your typical flashy flashy type of ah beng/ah lian but in actual fact, just eye balls up in consumer debt..

This post has been edited by Liamness: Feb 14 2020, 12:30 PM
AyamBlend
post Feb 16 2020, 10:29 AM

22 posts

If u love ur half sister. Just go

Contorl your temper(that seems to be the problem of your side) remember she is the main reason u show up there?

Just ignore .. the others, it takes two hand to clap.
Dont need to have the dilemma also, your pride and ego just clashwith your "rival" there

This post has been edited by AyamBlend: Feb 16 2020, 10:29 AM
SUSBillCollector
post Feb 23 2020, 11:35 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

Their ROM was earlier today.

I provided the car that picked her up from the house and sent her to the ROM venue, a BMW 5 series from my factory's pool fleet. Supposedly asshole did create a scene at the house as he recognized the car must belong to me due to the number plate, he asked his "charsiew" to use their own car to send her but she insisted on sticking to the arrangement as she paid for the car to be decorated.

ROM venue, I was there with the wife and children. I decided to give the asshole the wide berth as the moment he saw me his face changed.

During the reception nothing much happened as I kept to "his" side to avoid any confrontations.

Oh yeah, when I was leaving was when things became rather interesting. The bride and groom had left. I was on the way out and the asshole came running up to me followed by his "charsiew" clearly he had some issues, I told the children and wife to get into the car. First he started shouting some obscenities and asked how dare I come for the event. Then he started challenging me on why I loaned the BMW for the event, asked me if I thought they did not have cars. Finally he told me not to show up at the wedding receptions on either side. I told him I had nothing to say to him but I would see him at the receptions.

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Feb 13 2020, 01:00 AM)
Wah....MIL also kena cuci.... lol strong but it sucks getting shipped half a globe away when you're that young and you don't know what the fark is going on.
Oh on the contrary, I knew perfectly well what was going on back then.

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Feb 14 2020, 06:19 AM)
Believe this is a opportunity for you to sponsor your u.s guardians to the wedding for a reunion and reconciliation.
He has passed on.
V429
post Feb 23 2020, 11:53 PM

1,002 posts

Glad you decided to be there for your sister's big day. Tho seems like your attendence had the side effect of 'keeping the war going' for better or for worse.
icemanfx
post Feb 23 2020, 11:59 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,791 posts

QUOTE(BillCollector @ Feb 23 2020, 11:35 PM)
He has passed on.
He is angry because he felt you has been ungrateful for sending you to the u.s. at young age.

SUSBillCollector
post Feb 24 2020, 01:35 AM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Feb 23 2020, 11:53 PM)
Glad you decided to be there for your sister's big day. Tho seems like your attendence had the side effect of 'keeping the war going' for better or for worse.
Well it is just the ROM, the main events are the tea ceremonies and the dinners.

I wasn't really thinking what would happen as I had decided I would just go on the basis that I was invited to it. He has a problem then that's his problem. I did not foresee he would be taken aback with me loaning a car to her. She been telling me he is still nagging her on the matter. However she has decided she would continue on with using the BMW for her wedding ceremonies even if it upsets him.

She is somewhat tired of his antics as she said he kept changing and moving the goalposts.

Yes the war will go on.

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Feb 23 2020, 11:59 PM)
He is angry because he felt you has been ungrateful for sending you to the u.s. at young age.
I have nothing to be grateful to as the reality of it, he did not pay anything for me to go and whatever monies they had spent on me was repaid when I returned to MY 12 years ago.
SUSBillCollector
post Apr 25 2020, 07:19 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

Last Saturday was supposed to be their wedding dinner in Penang. Cancelled and no plans to do another one. The restaurant was kind enough to deliver dinner sets to various houses to the amount they had paid in deposit.

Today is supposed to be the dinner in PJ. Like the one in Penang, the restaurant is sending out meal sets through GrabFood.

They have decided no other wedding dinners or celebrations would be held.

The good news? I will be an uncle again in November.
V429
post Apr 26 2020, 10:53 AM

1,002 posts

QUOTE(BillCollector @ Apr 25 2020, 07:19 PM)
Last Saturday was supposed to be their wedding dinner in Penang. Cancelled and no plans to do another one.
I'd imagine your sister might be a bit disappointed at this, but at least they get to save on wedding cost, and at the same time you don't need to get yourself into an awkward situation. biggrin.gif
hksgmy
post Apr 26 2020, 11:20 AM

Doraemon!
4,356 posts

Congratulations on being an uncle again! And good luck with your own twins (soon, IIMN?)
SUSBillCollector
post Apr 27 2020, 12:20 AM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Apr 26 2020, 10:53 AM)
I'd imagine your sister might be a bit disappointed at this, but at least they get to save on wedding cost, and at the same time you don't need to get yourself into an awkward situation. biggrin.gif
She isn't really disappointed in it, the ones that are disappointed are their parents especially her parents who are making noise.

brows.gif believe it or not just after their ROM I was looking forward to attending their wedding dinner just to piss off that asshole. However ever since I moved to Shanghai I've stop being in contact with them and been feeling much better not knowing what's happening with them.
SUSBillCollector
post Apr 27 2020, 12:21 AM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(hksgmy @ Apr 26 2020, 11:20 AM)
Congratulations on being an uncle again! And good luck with your own twins (soon, IIMN?)
Thanks Doc!!
V429
post Apr 27 2020, 12:33 AM

1,002 posts

QUOTE(BillCollector @ Apr 27 2020, 12:20 AM)
She isn't really disappointed in it, the ones that are disappointed are their parents especially her parents who are making noise.

brows.gif believe it or not just after their ROM I was looking forward to attending their wedding dinner just to piss off that asshole. However ever since I moved to Shanghai I've stop being in contact with them and been feeling much better not knowing what's happening with them.
Haha. Indeed, sometimes no news is good news. Anyhow, I wish you all the best over there.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:52 PM