If you cant hire good programmers Create them

views

silverhawk
post Feb 18 2020, 05:33 PM

I'm Positively Lustrous
Group Icon
Elite
4,735 posts

QUOTE(Shadow Monarch @ Feb 18 2020, 03:51 PM)
i do know some in all these fields, they are enjoying their lives though. people look up to them and they are being paid handsomely. they can charge whatever they want, and nobody gonna give 2 shits.

Those you know are likely not sharing all the details with you or maybe they're not the ones in the positions of negotiation. Bosses or clients will always give some push back, many don't even understand the need sometimes. Even lawyers have this problem, you think its easy to negotiate a retainer contract with a company to represent them? A lot of work goes into that to convince them, many software guys won't even put in 1% of the networking required to get there. Even for doctors, trying to get the budget from administration to implement new machines or techniques is no easy task.

Their salaries are another matter of course, and we do get paid quite well. On-par with these professionals. If you want to complain that some experienced developers only get between 5-6k, so do many doctors, accountant and lawyers.

arigatou! but damn it's hard over here. the scepticism and the traditional mindset, people are very reluctant to change. they dont believe in technology :/

but when it comes to IT, i just give a quotation of like 30k for a building management app, the HOOHAA omg! Lol

they expect just 5k only for 1 cross platform apps. dafuq?
Yes its hard, mostly because people are not aware of how much technology actually costs. After all you can pay a few bucks for an app, or maybe at most a few hundred ringgit for a triple A title game. It really depends on your target market, likely those you are approaching are not enterprise level businesses, so its hard for them to see the value in technology to them.

If you were in their shoes, would you spend RM30k for the project you proposed? How would they make their money back? If you try to think from that approach, you can easily justify your costs to them. Try to see things from their perspective, don't go into a meeting thinking "malaysians are dumb, malaysia bosses are dumb, they don't value technology". If that's your underlying premise, I guarantee you, your pitch will come off poorly.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0130sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:51 PM