Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Recommendation of long term air purifier, Current air purifier Lux airclean 2000

views

TSmystvearn
post Feb 5 2020, 01:39 PM, updated 5y ago

6,511 posts

I am currently using this air purifier.

Lux airclean 2000. I think about 20 years old or so.
user posted image

I think this is just an air filter. Only use when there is smog/smoke/cooking. It still works and still in use. The problem is finding the replacement filter.

I am planning to get two house air purifier system.

1. For daily night use only, during sleep in bedroom.
2. Living room. Only smoke/smog cooking or outside. Replace the Lux air clean filter.

Both rooms are about 96 m square.

Criteria for both: able to find spare parts (filter replacement). I'm not going to subscribe to Coway/Cukoo, since I don't think it is worth it.

The only company I think is uniform design and resilient is Xiaomi. The rest seem to have lots of form factors and I am not sure will last long.

Any suggestions?
jlshawn
post Feb 5 2020, 03:06 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ Feb 5 2020, 01:39 PM)
user posted image

I think this is just an air filter. Only use when there is smog/smoke/cooking. It still works and still in use. The problem is finding the replacement filter.

2. Living room. Only smoke/smog cooking or outside. Replace the Lux air clean filter.

Criteria for both: able to find spare parts (filter replacement). I'm not going to subscribe to Coway/Cukoo, since I don't think it is worth it.

The only company I think is uniform design and resilient is Xiaomi. The rest seem to have lots of form factors and I am not sure will last long.

Any suggestions?
Hi, if for long term, I would suggest atmosphere sky, which is the only air purifier certified that can filter down to 0.0024 micron, which mean include those super small particles like virus and bacteria
TheMoneyKing
post Feb 5 2020, 08:27 PM

On my way
513 posts

One utama got a smart shop selling all types off xiaomi product you can check not out there . Me my self been using xiaomi purifier for 2 year's very nice . Price affordable / effective / lasting.

This post has been edited by TheMoneyKing: Feb 5 2020, 08:28 PM
nexona88
post Feb 5 2020, 08:36 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

What's your budget first?
Because there's many types available...
From various brands...
TSmystvearn
post Feb 5 2020, 10:48 PM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(jlshawn @ Feb 5 2020, 03:06 PM)
Hi, if for long term, I would suggest atmosphere sky, which is the only air purifier certified that can filter down to 0.0024 micron, which mean include those super small particles like virus and bacteria
Amway?

QUOTE(TheMoneyKing @ Feb 5 2020, 08:27 PM)
One utama got a smart shop selling all types off xiaomi product you can check not out there . Me my self been using xiaomi purifier for 2 year's very nice .  Price affordable / effective / lasting.
I am planning to buy online.

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Feb 5 2020, 08:36 PM)
What's your budget first?
Because there's many types available...
From various brands...
Rm1k is reasonable?
zheilwane
post Feb 5 2020, 11:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,129 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ Feb 5 2020, 01:39 PM)
user posted image

Any suggestions?

venta, the only air purifier that u do not need to replace filter, just water, long term air purifier.

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Feb 5 2020, 11:48 PM
TSmystvearn
post Feb 6 2020, 05:25 AM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Feb 5 2020, 11:48 PM)

venta, the only air purifier that u do not need to replace filter, just water, long term air purifier.
How is it?
luvjim
post Feb 6 2020, 03:04 PM

last resort
1,031 posts

Ditch Coway/Cukoo since after you seeing it also not worth for the money.
Don't just go for Atmosphere Sky, do some research about it. The features and so on, what it can do and/or cannot do.

Check out the real unit, same goes to other brand. Then only come back ask for suggestion. icon_rolleyes.gif
TSmystvearn
post Feb 6 2020, 06:48 PM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(luvjim @ Feb 6 2020, 03:04 PM)
Ditch Coway/Cukoo since after you seeing it also not worth for the money.
Don't just go for Atmosphere Sky, do some research about it. The features and so on, what it can do and/or cannot do.

Check out the real unit, same goes to other brand. Then only come back ask for suggestion. icon_rolleyes.gif
I can go to Harvey Norman for that.
idoblu
post Feb 7 2020, 05:57 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

1. Also check the price for replacement filters. Some of these can be very expensive, at least for me. I found some like almost half the cost of the whole unit itself.

2. Some have a light thats changes color to indicate the levels of pollutants. But these don’t work until you turn on the filter. Better ones have PM2.5 readout that can monitor 24x7 your space and even turn on by itself when it reaches a certain level.

3. Last but not least, don’t spend too much on the machine. It’s nothing more than a fan and a filter.

my recommedation - xiaomi air purifier 3 (less than Rm600). Replacement filters around Rm100
ive been using the 2S for a couple of years now. still havent change the original filter cause hardly use. I set it to turn on by itself if over 50ug/m3

This post has been edited by idoblu: Feb 7 2020, 10:24 AM
luvjim
post Feb 7 2020, 09:16 AM

last resort
1,031 posts

that's right, if it is not a hepa filter. coz the whole unit of the air purifier, is the carbon and hepa important. do check the CADR also.

some unit, only the casing big but the filter very small. dont know why it cost so much also.
fireballs
post Feb 7 2020, 09:19 AM

5,627 posts

another vote for xiaomi.
reason the catridge is afforable and available.
TSmystvearn
post Feb 7 2020, 12:40 PM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Feb 7 2020, 05:57 AM)
1. Also check the price for replacement filters. Some of these can be very expensive, at least for me. I found some like almost half the cost of the whole unit itself.

2.  Some have a light thats changes color to indicate the levels of pollutants. But these don’t work until you turn on the filter. Better ones have PM2.5 readout that can monitor 24x7 your space and even turn on by itself when it reaches a certain level.

3. Last but not least, don’t spend too much on the machine. It’s nothing more than a fan and a filter.

my recommedation - xiaomi air purifier 3 (less than Rm600). Replacement filters around Rm100
ive been using the 2S for a couple of years now. still havent change the original filter cause hardly use. I set it to turn on by itself if over 50ug/m3
QUOTE(luvjim @ Feb 7 2020, 09:16 AM)
that's right, if it is not a hepa filter. coz the whole unit of the air purifier, is the carbon and hepa important. do check the CADR also.

some unit, only the casing big but the filter very small. dont know why it cost so much also.
QUOTE(fireballs @ Feb 7 2020, 09:19 AM)
another vote for xiaomi.
reason the catridge is afforable and available.
Thanks all for the replies. I notice xiaomi now sells hepa filters as well. Also it is a uniform design. Works across all products.
luvjim
post Feb 7 2020, 02:29 PM

last resort
1,031 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ Feb 7 2020, 12:40 PM)
Thanks all for the replies. I notice xiaomi now sells hepa filters as well. Also it is a uniform design. Works across all products.
for short tem thumbsup.gif
fireballs
post Feb 7 2020, 02:31 PM

5,627 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ Feb 7 2020, 12:40 PM)
note that new xiaomi have DRM!! cannot use third party catrdige anymore. thankfully the original cat is cheap enough.
you can also get anti-formadalhyde type
TSmystvearn
post Feb 7 2020, 03:45 PM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(fireballs @ Feb 7 2020, 02:31 PM)
note that new xiaomi have DRM!! cannot use third party catrdige anymore. thankfully the original cat is cheap enough.
you can also get anti-formadalhyde type
Filter also got DRM. interesting
haroldz123
post Feb 18 2020, 10:01 PM

Regular
1,035 posts

Xiaomi air Purifier has some issues

https://www.google.com.my/amp/s/www.techina...tion-finds/amp/

https://www.google.com.my/amp/s/fortune.com...er-a-fraud/amp/

Older model

TSmystvearn
post Feb 19 2020, 05:35 AM

6,511 posts

OK. I bought the Pro model.
haroldz123
post Feb 19 2020, 09:46 AM

Regular
1,035 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ Feb 19 2020, 05:35 AM)
OK. I bought the Pro model.
Please post a review after a week or so
TSmystvearn
post Feb 19 2020, 04:45 PM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(haroldz123 @ Feb 19 2020, 09:46 AM)
Please post a review after a week or so
Used more than a week. Does work as advertised. I used in my bedroom. Though, unless neighbour burning trash, rarely exceed PM reading of 10. Always on quiet mode. Most days my room PM reading is between 1-4. I just leave it on as scheduled on the app. 10pm - 6 am daily.

I tried it in the living room where PM reading is about 11-14. PM levels did come down. When compared to my 20+ year old purifier, I can see the old purifier actually still works well. Managing to make the air from 11 to 8 in few minutes. The Pro version is very quiet.

One thing I do notice is that the filter lifespan I think is calculated in days rather than by the usage. My filter has about 98% filter capability left, but days shows about 143. Started days show 148 or so last week. Have not kept track of the days.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:56 PM