Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anyone still travel to countries other than China?

Anyone still travel to countries other than China?

Yes [ 119 ] ** [60.71%]
No [ 77 ] ** [39.29%]
Total Votes: 196
Guests cannot vote 
views

Aztec
post Feb 14 2020, 12:15 AM

Disregard females,Acquire aesthetics..u mirin'?
2,362 posts

Flying in 2 weeks time from Vancouver back to KL for my leave.

Dont really have a choice as I gotta fly through East Asia to get back to KL.

Only alternative was through London/Amsterdam which would have added approx 11hours to my journey.

So I just gotta brave it out and fly via HKG back to KL
JSern
post Feb 14 2020, 12:33 AM

Getting Started
191 posts

QUOTE(myrancid @ Feb 13 2020, 11:43 PM)
Melbourne, how about Melbourne? I have a trip in early March, is it safe to go there?
Not really Melbourne, but I have a sibling in Adelaide, Australia. She said that her area everyone is still quite chill & no racism whatsoever.

QUOTE(Aztec @ Feb 14 2020, 12:15 AM)
Flying in 2 weeks time from Vancouver back to KL for my leave.

Dont really have a choice as I gotta fly through East Asia to get back to KL.

Only alternative was through London/Amsterdam which would have added approx 11hours to my journey.

So I just gotta brave it out and fly via HKG back to KL
Should be alright since its HKG and not mainland China
hirano
post Feb 14 2020, 01:15 AM

凸(`△´#)
3,260 posts

Not travelling anywhere. Even my plan to go Genting I cancelled.
river.sand
post Feb 14 2020, 07:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(chilskater @ Feb 13 2020, 11:47 PM)
Dont come bring virus...
Back already. Let's see if I would be ok in the next 24 days.
nabelon
post Feb 14 2020, 12:33 PM

Walk of Life
1,714 posts

Lots of chinese tourist still at klia, very worrying
chilskater
post Feb 15 2020, 01:09 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Feb 14 2020, 08:01 AM)
Back already. Let's see if I would be ok in the next 24 days.
RiP
PaperClip224
post Feb 15 2020, 01:11 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

still go and enjoy
no need to rush with those chinese tourist destroying the market with their money and antics
SUStikaram
post Feb 15 2020, 02:28 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,722 posts

QUOTE(nabelon @ Feb 14 2020, 01:33 PM)
Lots of chinese tourist still at klia, very worrying
Ada photo?
drug5
post Feb 15 2020, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

Saw my uni frens travelled to Nothern part of China. Came back no self quarantined and celebrated Valentines in hotel. Wat an asshole
TSTheGoodGuy
post Feb 15 2020, 03:40 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(drug5 @ Feb 15 2020, 03:10 PM)
Saw my uni frens travelled to Nothern part of China. Came back no self quarantined and celebrated Valentines in hotel. Wat an asshole
share hotel name if it's true
wyonneh
post Feb 17 2020, 09:20 AM

Getting Started
244 posts

travelling back to Malaysia next week. the only thing i can do is just be cautious. wash hands, dont touch my eyes, and wear masks. 🤷‍♀️
TSTheGoodGuy
post Feb 17 2020, 09:22 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(wyonneh @ Feb 17 2020, 09:20 AM)
travelling back to Malaysia next week. the only thing i can do is just be cautious. wash hands, dont touch my eyes, and wear masks. 🤷‍♀️
From where?
AoiYuki
post Feb 17 2020, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(JSern @ Feb 12 2020, 04:29 PM)
Eh better dont go leh, later GrandElfe say you come back and spread to innocent people
Well it is unavoidable trip as I got some unsettled stuff need to be done asap, unless Singapore going to raise their DORSCON level from Orange to Red then probably no choice gonna cancel. console.gif
SaberCortez
post Feb 17 2020, 09:42 AM

Enthusiast
710 posts

Going bali with my gf in May.
Beach_Boy
post Feb 17 2020, 10:06 AM

:D
8,453 posts

just got back from manila and new zealand, going to new zealand again on march and may :/

i'd choose not to go as well if possible
Blofeld
post Feb 17 2020, 10:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(GrandElf @ Feb 11 2020, 03:48 PM)
Seriously, why you guys still decided to go travel after the news of this virus outbreak? If for work purposed I fully understand although most company already cancel their employee business trip....

I have a colleague who still decide to personal travel to Taiwan even though all of us advice her a lot......really stubborn.....
Before the news on the outbreak of coronavirus in January, there were already several dozen cases of Influenza A being reported in Malaysia (just a few weeks before the news on the outbreak of covid19).

The symptoms of influenza A are similar to covid19.

Fatality statistics of influenza A are even higher (worldwide) compared to covid19 and yet ppl still travel back then.

Similar to covid19, influenza A can lead to fatal complications among the elderly and the young.

We don't hear ppl cancelling travel plans due to Influenza A.

Too bad, those news of influenza A didn't really reach the front page probably because it has been around for a long time.

Same goes with Tuberculosis (Every year, WHO has always been expressing its concern regarding rising TB cases around the world). The number of deaths in Malaysia alone due to TB are already alarming. Nobody reads that probably. And it didn't reach the front page.

Now with the covid19 news, suddenly everyone wakes up (and actually start reading news!) and start cancelling travel plans.

Einjahr
post Feb 17 2020, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Feb 17 2020, 10:08 AM)
Before the news on the outbreak of coronavirus in January, there were already several dozen cases of Influenza A being reported in Malaysia (just a few weeks before the news on the outbreak of covid19).

The symptoms of influenza A are similar to covid19.

Fatality statistics of influenza A are even higher (worldwide) compared to covid19 and yet ppl still travel back then.

Similar to covid19, influenza A can lead to fatal complications among the elderly and the young.

We don't hear ppl cancelling travel plans due to Influenza A.

Too bad, those news of influenza A didn't really reach the front page probably because it has been around for a long time.

Same goes with Tuberculosis (Every year, WHO has always been expressing its concern regarding rising TB cases around the world). The number of deaths in Malaysia alone due to TB are already alarming. Nobody reads that probably. And it didn't reach the front page.

Now with the covid19 news, suddenly everyone wakes up (and actually start reading news!) and start cancelling travel plans.
entire cities of millions of ppl were locked down, trade halted coz of corona. u saying all this is overreaction? wtf?
Blofeld
post Feb 17 2020, 10:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(Einjahr @ Feb 17 2020, 10:49 AM)
entire cities of millions of ppl were locked down, trade halted coz of corona. u saying all this is overreaction? wtf?
Those actions are appropriate to prevent the spread of a new virus at the earliest possible.

But how the public react generally is grossly over the top.

Hoarding face masks, hoarding toilet papers, cancelling trips (anyway, I don't care if you want to cancel trips) etc, that kind of reaction is just I don't know what to say.

Like as if ppl suddenly just woke up and starting to become hygienic.

See I have always being very annoyed by ppl coughing (without covering mouths) inside flights all the while to the extent that I have been wearing masks in flights long before this covid outbreak. And I can sense ppl are looking at me weirdly.

So, it's like before all this, ppl don't bother about all these hygiene, disease, and likewise.

Anyway, what irks me the most is hoarding all those necessities like as if the world is coming to an end.
Einjahr
post Feb 17 2020, 11:04 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Feb 17 2020, 10:58 AM)
Those actions are appropriate to prevent the spread of a new virus at the earliest possible.

But how the public react generally is grossly over the top.

Hoarding face masks, hoarding toilet papers, cancelling trips (anyway, I don't care if you want to cancel trips) etc, that kind of reaction is just I don't know what to say.

Like as if ppl suddenly just woke up and starting to become hygienic. 

See I have always being very annoyed by ppl coughing (without covering mouths) inside flights all the while to the extent that I have been wearing masks in flights long before this covid outbreak. And I can sense ppl are looking at me weirdly.

So, it's like before all this, ppl don't bother about all these hygiene, disease, and likewise.

Anyway, what irks me the most is hoarding all those necessities like as if the world is coming to an end.
Thats all i needed to hear, no more questions. biggrin.gif

The Jury will decide.

If anything, sudden awareness of hygiene IS a good outcome, no?

This post has been edited by Einjahr: Feb 17 2020, 11:05 AM
Blofeld
post Feb 17 2020, 11:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(Einjahr @ Feb 17 2020, 11:04 AM)
Thats all i needed to hear, no more questions.  biggrin.gif

The Jury will decide.

If anything, sudden awareness of hygiene IS a good outcome, no?
Yes it's a good thing that ppl are now more hygiene conscious.

I like it that I can wear masks without ppl looking at me weirdly anymore bcos everyone is doing it now.

But the bad thing is ppl are hoarding stuff unnecessarily. Some more wearing masks in the wrong way. Wearing masks just covering their mouth but not their nose. What a waste.

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0450sec    0.10    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:06 AM