Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bmw Vs Mercedes, Merc will wins lah

views

POYOZER
post Feb 16 2020, 01:49 PM

Traveler
3,651 posts

330i is much better than 330e?

Just wondering how much income to afford this car. I like the car and I planning go get one. Just a bit scared to spend that amount of commitment that depreciate. My monthly gross income is slightly above 20k.
POYOZER
post Feb 16 2020, 02:19 PM

Traveler
3,651 posts

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Feb 16 2020, 02:09 PM)
Depends

For G20 there are only 330i and 320i. No 330e. The G20 is superior on almost every levels compared to the F30. But F30s cab be had for much much cheaper price.

For F30 there are 330e and 318i. You can get older 330i that was released 4 years ago, some may still be under warranty especially of you got the ones sold in 2017 (not sure if got 2018 ones)

I would avoid the hybrids for practical reasons (heavier, shot handling, etc) and the horrible RV. I don't choose my cars based on RV perse (if i did i would just get lesser cars like Hondas and Toyotas, no no offense), but Continental hybrid's huge drop in RV simply do not make sense since you can get arguably better cars of the chassis based on internal combustion engines

20k a month should be ok. Yours truly is above that level so it was an easy decision for me. I know insurance agents earning just 10k and already bought (used) Bimmer.

If possible try and skip the first year depreciation. My car was less than a year old at 8k km and already loss 90k in value (original price was 330k and I got it for 240k)

With Bimmers all the services (labor and parts) are paid for, plus 5 year warranty. So you won't end up with surprises, except for tire punctures of the RFTs
Yours is 330i CBU unit? Whats the difference between CBU and CKD unit especially the features and quality? I planning to get the new one.

This post has been edited by POYOZER: Feb 16 2020, 02:20 PM
POYOZER
post Feb 17 2020, 12:11 AM

Traveler
3,651 posts

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Feb 16 2020, 02:27 PM)
yes CBU.

Zero difference in terms of major features. But my CBU already has a few apps paid (they call it "booked"). In terms of quality? No complaints so far, I have minor OCD so i hate rattlings. Not sure if CKD made by Inokom in Kedah would have severe or noticeable issues

1. Apple car play
2. Concierge services
3. Digital key
4. BMW connected app

Ill take a pic kejap lagi when I am about to drive

CBU new can still be bought for 328k. Are you Petronas? Doctor? Prudential? Check your membership on a number of bodies and see if u can get fleet discount
Do you need to pay for Apple Car Play app? Professional job can get discount? Do your car 330i have 360 camera like X5? Btw, do you take loan from bmw or bank?
POYOZER
post Feb 18 2020, 11:23 PM

Traveler
3,651 posts

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Feb 17 2020, 12:27 AM)
For my CBU the Apple carplay was free as it was already booked. No for CKD though, for these you would need to pay one-time RM1299 activation if I am not mistaken. Check Pauline's website.

Professional jobs like Accountants (MIA) and doctors can get the aforementioned discounts, but different professions would yield different discounts. Check with your own professional bodies.

For me, I would get 8% off the list prices for Petronas (employee), Prudential (agent), and Malaysian Institute of Accountancy (professional member)

No 360 camera for the G20 in Malaysia. It would be nice but I never needed help with navigation. It would be useful for novice drivers though since the car is bigger than the usual 3 series, well not as big as the 5 series. It has front, back and side sensors which are useful

Got my financing from the bank as I am more familiar with their system compared to BMW's. My SA said BMW's financing was more expensive than the offer that I got, so it was no biggie
Rm1,299 just for the app is quite pricey. Hopefully it really worth it. Can use Waze by pairing the phone using that app?

8% discount is quite a lot. That means you already save about 26k from Rm328,800. Correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t think I can check with CAAM about this discount. Haha.

360 camera quite useful for security. You can see someone approach the car from blindspot when you park the car while waiting for someone.

The loan that you got it from the bank can give better rate for Prudential agent? Do they provide special rate for professional job too?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0257sec    0.67    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:58 PM