Latest model bmw is cheaper

90s 00s merc is a lot cheaper

If you know how to source for meyle febi lemforder spare parts at right price

The maintenance fee is more or less the same compared to local/jap car
POYOZER
post Feb 17 2020, 12:11 AM

Traveler
3,633 posts

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Feb 16 2020, 02:27 PM)
yes CBU.

Zero difference in terms of major features. But my CBU already has a few apps paid (they call it "booked"). In terms of quality? No complaints so far, I have minor OCD so i hate rattlings. Not sure if CKD made by Inokom in Kedah would have severe or noticeable issues

1. Apple car play
2. Concierge services
3. Digital key
4. BMW connected app

Ill take a pic kejap lagi when I am about to drive

CBU new can still be bought for 328k. Are you Petronas? Doctor? Prudential? Check your membership on a number of bodies and see if u can get fleet discount
Do you need to pay for Apple Car Play app? Professional job can get discount? Do your car 330i have 360 camera like X5? Btw, do you take loan from bmw or bank?
wild_card_my
post Feb 17 2020, 12:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(POYOZER @ Feb 17 2020, 12:11 AM)
Do you need to pay for Apple Car Play app? Professional job can get discount? Do your car 330i have 360 camera like X5? Btw, do you take loan from bmw or bank?
For my CBU the Apple carplay was free as it was already booked. No for CKD though, for these you would need to pay one-time RM1299 activation if I am not mistaken. Check Pauline's website.

Professional jobs like Accountants (MIA) and doctors can get the aforementioned discounts, but different professions would yield different discounts. Check with your own professional bodies.

For me, I would get 8% off the list prices for Petronas (employee), Prudential (agent), and Malaysian Institute of Accountancy (professional member)

No 360 camera for the G20 in Malaysia. It would be nice but I never needed help with navigation. It would be useful for novice drivers though since the car is bigger than the usual 3 series, well not as big as the 5 series. It has front, back and side sensors which are useful

Got my financing from the bank as I am more familiar with their system compared to BMW's. My SA said BMW's financing was more expensive than the offer that I got, so it was no biggie

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: Feb 17 2020, 12:37 AM
malibuchong
post Feb 17 2020, 12:32 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

Mercedes 👍
John Farmer
post Feb 17 2020, 01:08 AM

19 posts

Mercedes Benz of course
kkkw80
post Feb 17 2020, 01:08 AM

Jacques
715 posts

QUOTE(D.gRave @ Feb 15 2020, 03:39 PM)
Based on experience,

Merc win hands down, but that is based on E90 vs c200 2012.

Although, the specs is more on bmw, merc don't even have rear view camera for some expensive car.

Service also, merc a bit cheaper and better.

Not sure on F/G and newer merc.

Only driven those, and previous E series only.
E200 almost same price as 5 series doesn’t even have power boot
POYOZER
post Feb 18 2020, 11:23 PM

Traveler
3,633 posts

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Feb 17 2020, 12:27 AM)
For my CBU the Apple carplay was free as it was already booked. No for CKD though, for these you would need to pay one-time RM1299 activation if I am not mistaken. Check Pauline's website.

Professional jobs like Accountants (MIA) and doctors can get the aforementioned discounts, but different professions would yield different discounts. Check with your own professional bodies.

For me, I would get 8% off the list prices for Petronas (employee), Prudential (agent), and Malaysian Institute of Accountancy (professional member)

No 360 camera for the G20 in Malaysia. It would be nice but I never needed help with navigation. It would be useful for novice drivers though since the car is bigger than the usual 3 series, well not as big as the 5 series. It has front, back and side sensors which are useful

Got my financing from the bank as I am more familiar with their system compared to BMW's. My SA said BMW's financing was more expensive than the offer that I got, so it was no biggie
Rm1,299 just for the app is quite pricey. Hopefully it really worth it. Can use Waze by pairing the phone using that app?

8% discount is quite a lot. That means you already save about 26k from Rm328,800. Correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t think I can check with CAAM about this discount. Haha.

360 camera quite useful for security. You can see someone approach the car from blindspot when you park the car while waiting for someone.

The loan that you got it from the bank can give better rate for Prudential agent? Do they provide special rate for professional job too?

wild_card_my
post Feb 19 2020, 12:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(POYOZER @ Feb 18 2020, 11:23 PM)

QUOTE(furious and fast @ Feb 18 2020, 11:35 PM)

1. I dont use iphone. Now still using my android phone for navigation because i rely on google maps. I stick my phone on the dashboard using magnet. If you have iphone we can meetup and you can try to connect your iPhone with it, play around and see how it looks like

2. Mercedes users complaining that their apple car play ap sucks. I guess the car manufacturer has their own input on the app display

3. My Android is connected to the car through Bluetooth and Wifi-Direct. I can still control Spotify and phone calls using the car controls like steering buttons and control knob, which is tons better than my persona elegance

4. You are right about the discount calculation. Consider CKD if die die want to buy new car. Depreciation is a bitch, especially in the 1st year

5. Fair comment on the blindspot and camera. Actually... I find the car a little difficult to park due to its size. 360 cam would help a little i guess. The sensors work but i haven't fully trusted it yet

6. Loan standard rate, between me and bank. In fact, banks would prefer salaried people like you than agents like me. You are more stable

7. If you can't get discount, id suggest just buying CKD. Prereg or used are good options too. Warranty and free services are carried over to new owners. I don't suggest taking the 1st-year depreciation hit

8. Btw, despite being qualified to choose from one of the three 8% discounts, I never utilized it since I bought a pre-registered car. It was a choice between RM239k CBU pre-reg with 8k km vs RM265k CKD new (RM328k with 8% off). I chose the CBU. Kudos to you if you are making so much money that you can afford spending RM328k for a new CBU.

9. I took the car in late Jan, now it has been just two weeks since then (sent the car to the shop for some body work for a few days). It is now clocked at 9.5k km, I did 1.5k km in just two weeks. Granted I am an insurance agent, so i travel to all corners of Klang Valley to meet my clients. My point is that even if you buy it new, the novelty will wear off in no time. Our cars will be considered the same in a few months time - the latest and greatest, until the G20 LCI comes around that is

10. My CBU was registered in March 2019, I bought it in Jan 2020, in less than a year, it has lost RM90k in value. I know that RV is not at the top of the priority list to us conti-car buyers, but it is something to consider

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: Feb 19 2020, 07:30 AM
wild_card_my
post Feb 24 2020, 12:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(POYOZER @ Feb 17 2020, 12:11 AM)
Do you need to pay for Apple Car Play app?

Here are my "booked" services. Booked meaning that it was already paid for a period of time, a subscription of sorts. Some of these are not available in the CKD versions of the car, especially the Apple car play thing

user posted image

user posted image
wild_card_my
post Feb 27 2020, 01:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

Btw, would the GLA be comparable to the X1? These are crossovers right? Akin to the Countryman, HRV and CX3/30?

Still looking for my wife's Iriz replacement. It has to be small in terms or width x length, while being a little taller than the Iriz

She wants the Mini 5-door, but I think I'll keep looking beyond that
ratloverice
post Feb 27 2020, 02:02 AM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Feb 27 2020, 01:58 AM)
Btw, would the GLA be comparable to the X1? These are crossovers right? Akin to the Countryman, HRV and CX3/30?

Still looking for my wife's Iriz replacement. It has to be small in terms or width x length, while being a little taller than the Iriz

She wants the Mini 5-door, but I think I'll keep looking beyond that
Why don't you consider XC40 since GLA and X1 are already in the list? It offers far more safety features than all of its competitors in the market.

QUOTE(furious and fast @ Feb 18 2020, 11:35 PM)
about the 6 to 8 % discount.  lets say if im not entitled to the discount .  does it still make financial sense for me to buy brand new?

or is it better to buy used merc / bmw from someone who was entitled to that discount?
It still makes financial sense even if you are not entitled to the 6%-8% discount, as long as you can afford the car.

This post has been edited by ratloverice: Feb 27 2020, 02:05 AM
wild_card_my
post Feb 27 2020, 02:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(ratloverice @ Feb 27 2020, 02:02 AM)
Why don't you consider XC40 since GLA and X1 are already in the list? It offers far more safety features than all of its competitors in the market.
It still makes financial sense even if you are not entitled to the 6%-8% discount, as long as you can afford the car.
Sure, volvo could be in the list too. Safety is definitely important for my wife. Thank you for the suggestion. But she has to like the car too, I do not want her to drive something she despise.

but really man, the Mini is... insensible. Ill probbaly get it for her once I have exhausted all options. The XC40 got Pilot Assist 2? Ive always wanted to have that in one of my cars for long-drive. Would be sweet driving to Terengganu on PA2 laugh.gif
ratloverice
post Feb 27 2020, 03:42 AM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Feb 27 2020, 02:07 AM)
Sure, volvo could be in the list too. Safety is definitely important for my wife. Thank you for the suggestion. But she has to like the car too, I do not want her to drive something she despise.

but really man, the Mini is... insensible. Ill probbaly get it for her once I have exhausted all options. The XC40 got Pilot Assist 2? Ive always wanted to have that in one of my cars for long-drive. Would be sweet driving to Terengganu on PA2 laugh.gif
I always salute those who buy mini because the interior seriously is ugly af... it’s not worth that price level to me.

iirc all volvo cars come with the same safety features regardless of the model. I looked through the specs of XC40 on volvo’s website and I must say that the safety package is sooooooooooooooo complete.

This post has been edited by ratloverice: Feb 27 2020, 03:47 AM
TSwk_edifire
post Feb 27 2020, 10:51 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Feb 27 2020, 02:07 AM)

Volvo Pilot assits very nice can play games during driving at highway

The screen also so big

but the worse thing is RV

But come on Accord causes RM199k

Just buy volvo is mre safety compare to jap or korean cars
wild_card_my
post Feb 27 2020, 10:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(wk_edifire @ Feb 27 2020, 10:51 AM)
Volvo Pilot assits very nice can play games during driving at highway

The screen also so big

but the worse thing is RV

But come on Accord causes RM199k

Just buy volvo is mre safety compare to jap or korean cars
The used XC40 price is reasonable. I (wife) need to test drive it and see how it performs
acbc
post Feb 27 2020, 10:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,411 posts

BMW is full of unreliable shit inside from electronics, sensors and even gearboxes.

Why do u think many opt to ditch the entire German crap and replaced it with Toyota innards? Reliability and power!
TSwk_edifire
post Feb 27 2020, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Feb 27 2020, 10:58 AM)
BMW is full of unreliable shit inside from electronics, sensors and even gearboxes.

Why do u think many opt to ditch the entire German crap and replaced it with Toyota innards? Reliability and power!
BMW 8 speed ZF gearbox is the best in it class
Engine N54 build like a tank but after that dunno all turbo engine
wild_card_my
post Feb 27 2020, 11:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Feb 27 2020, 10:58 AM)

+1

QUOTE(wk_edifire @ Feb 27 2020, 11:06 AM)
BMW 8 speed ZF gearbox is the best in it class
Engine N54 build like a tank but after that dunno all turbo engine

The B48 has not much reliability problems now, its been used since 2014 and they have ironed out the issues from older iterations

9 Pages « < 7 8 9Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0212sec    0.66    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 12th August 2020 - 05:18 PM