Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Leica Q Silver, My thoughts after 3 months

views

TSYuva1790
post Jan 29 2020, 01:51 PM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
101 posts

Hi everyone. I bought my very 1st Leica recently. A Leica Q silver. Yes I know it's a 2015 model but the reviews were great that I decided to jump the gun. It finally dropped in price to a point of decent affordability so I snagged myself a brand new unit. This is my personal thoughts on the camera after using it for 3 months. Feel free to ask me anything you wana know that I might have missed in the video. Cheers!

This post has been edited by Yuva1790: Jan 29 2020, 01:52 PM
ryanc
post Jun 7 2020, 12:01 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(Yuva1790 @ Jan 29 2020, 01:51 PM)
Hi everyone. I bought my very 1st Leica recently. A Leica Q silver. Yes I know it's a 2015 model but the reviews were great that I decided to jump the gun. It finally dropped in price to a point of decent affordability so I snagged myself a brand new unit. This is my personal thoughts on the camera after using it for 3 months. Feel free to ask me anything you wana know that I might have missed in the video. Cheers!

hi, mind to share the price and shop? im also interested in that camera as well. tq
TSYuva1790
post Jun 7 2020, 12:04 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(ryanc @ Jun 7 2020, 12:01 AM)
hi, mind to share the price and shop? im also interested in that camera as well. tq
Hi, i bought it though lazada. From the shop called kengdim. They are reliable.
krayden
post Jun 7 2020, 12:59 AM

On my way
568 posts

Pretty good review. The english, the B-roll.

https://tekiac.de/leica-q-stelthcover/

Something to look at for fun. Enjoy.
ryanc
post Jun 7 2020, 07:20 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(Yuva1790 @ Jun 7 2020, 12:04 AM)
Hi, i bought it though lazada. From the shop called kengdim. They are reliable.
Thanks for your kind info.
One last question, to my knowledge there are 2 types of set in Malaysia : - local set which is under Leica Malaysia warranty
- Import set ( under shop warranty ) in which the. price is cheaper

What’s your thought of the Import set ?
Casey Joo
post Jun 7 2020, 09:30 AM

Casual
332 posts

It's a great camera, you bought it at a killer price. Congratulations!
TSYuva1790
post Jun 7 2020, 10:24 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(ryanc @ Jun 7 2020, 07:20 AM)
Thanks for your kind info.
One last question, to my knowledge there are 2 types of set in Malaysia : - local set which is under Leica Malaysia warranty
                - Import set ( under shop warranty ) in which the. price is cheaper

What’s your thought of the Import set ?
Most welcome. I did come across 1 guy selling on shopee that promised me a Leica Q-P original set from Hong Kong. Then he replied saying sold out. Bought out by Arabs for their king. After that no updates from him when i told him to inform me on next availability. Haha.

If you are spending crazy amounts of money a camera like this, in my opinion it's better you buy it with local warranty. I claimed warranty with Leica about my EVF appearing blue and it was so easy. Leica malaysia looked after everything for me without hassle. No shipping fees, nothing. Anyway just to update, since the video i managed to get a hold of a Leica Q in hong kong at the official store and it's the same. I think Leica botched the color temperature of the EVF in the Q. Q2 was fantastic.
TSYuva1790
post Jun 7 2020, 10:25 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(Casey Joo @ Jun 7 2020, 09:30 AM)
It's a great camera, you bought it at a killer price. Congratulations!
It is man. A wonderful camera. Thank you 😊

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:50 PM