Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hardware Highpoint laptop repair duration, Laptop repair duration in highpoint lowy

views

TSKuroyukiKageya P
post Jan 25 2020, 11:32 AM, updated 5y ago

Probation
2 posts

So i just send my acer predator helios 300 to highpoint lowyat on 17January 2020 to repair for a faulty cpu fan. I used the laptop for about 2 years and it is still in warranty. When i check the repair status on their website it says awaiting spare and it has been like that for around 5days. The customer support said the repair might take 3-5 days to complete but it's currently 7 days. How long does it take for the repair to complete? I need the repair to be done before 15 February 2020 because i wont be at malaysia for 6 months. This is the first time i send the laptop to repair so i dont know much about them.
yyyy95
post Jan 25 2020, 11:48 AM

49 posts

Email/Call them to chase, but ultimately if the parts not here you can't do anything also. Next time can request for onsite service, they will only go to you once the parts have arrived.
TSKuroyukiKageya P
post Jan 25 2020, 12:38 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(yyyy95 @ Jan 25 2020, 11:48 AM)
Email/Call them to chase, but ultimately if the parts not here you can't do anything also. Next time can request for onsite service, they will only go to you once the parts have arrived.
i already send an email to them 2days ago and havent get a reply since. Im going to call them today. I send the email to support@highpoint.com.my.
AnimeSinceForever
post Jan 25 2020, 12:48 PM

Regular
1,060 posts

2 weeks to 2 months is their range for in-warranty repairs. rclxms.gif

Then I hear you say:
"I will just buy Illegear which is a premium brand then, sure better support."

My personal experience with Illegear is they took 1 month to replace a motherboard for an in-warranty laptop rclxms.gif

You better understand, to these big companies local or foreign - you are JUST ANOTHER CUSTOMER.

QUOTE(KuroyukiKageya @ Jan 25 2020, 11:32 AM)
So i just send my acer predator helios 300 to highpoint lowyat on 17January 2020 to repair for a faulty cpu fan. I used the laptop for about 2 years and it is still in warranty. When i check the repair status on their website it says awaiting spare and it has been like that for around 5days. The customer support said the repair might take 3-5 days to complete but it's currently 7 days. How long does it take for the repair to complete? I need the repair to be done before 15 February 2020 because i wont be at malaysia for 6 months. This is the first time i send the laptop to repair so i dont know much about them.
Prince J
post Jan 25 2020, 08:46 PM

Regular
1,272 posts

QUOTE(AnimeSinceForever @ Jan 25 2020, 12:48 PM)
2 weeks to 2 months is their range for in-warranty repairs. rclxms.gif

Then I hear you say:
"I will just buy Illegear which is a premium brand then, sure better support."

My personal experience with Illegear is they took 1 month to replace a motherboard for an in-warranty laptop rclxms.gif

You better understand, to these big companies local or foreign - you are JUST ANOTHER CUSTOMER.
Usually for a laptop model that's more than 1.5 year old and we have finished the buffer part then it will only take 1 month for ordering part for replacement. In some cases a loan laptop will also be provided to our customers for the extended waiting time.

If we have the part or the model is less than a year, it normally takes maximum of 7 days (or 5 working days) for a motherboard replacement.
wira020
post Feb 13 2020, 07:43 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

Almost same issue with mine. My gpu fan died. Sent for repair in Highpoint Kuantan and its been 15 days no update other than the status "awaiting spares". Do they really only order 1 fan from China everytime or what?

So have your laptop finished repair yet? Did you get a reply at all from emailing them? Stumbled on this thread because I am trying to find their email. They dont have it listed at their website or repair receipt.
yeonsha P
post Jun 22 2022, 08:00 AM

Probation
1 posts

In my case my Acer Nitro 5 RTX3060 can't turn on. Sent it to Sibu Highpoint 14/6/2022,and now is 22/6/2022. The laptop still under warranty, yet I purchase the laptop several weeks ago which mean still ultra new. I wonder how long they will replace the Logicboard. According to them just 2 weeks. Just for sure that's why asking here.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:57 PM