Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Flat concrete ceiling leaking, Need help. What can I do?

views

TScornered corn P
post Jan 25 2020, 10:53 AM, updated 5y ago

Probation
28 posts

It has been almost 3 months. My flat is a normal flat, the ceiling starts dripping water. I called the owner above for many times already. No response no call back to me. Ignore my whatsapp messages. I go bang the door. It's his tenant. I talked to him and manage to get a sifu inside to do some repairing. Water drips still. Already cost me RM600. The flat management every month charged me RM50 and now they say it's none of their business. I am really scared at the idea of paying RM5K all by myself just to fix a problem originating from his unit. I might as well go kill and rob people already. I might as well drive a car into a crowd full of people. WTF, I have to pay RM5K all by myself to fix his broke ass unit? I don't even make 5K a month, I can't even save 1K a month and I have to pay RM5K? I just assuming it will cost RM5K. You tell me, what should I do? Sue him? Could you mail me the money and contact of lawyer so I can sue his ass?
cedyy
post Jan 25 2020, 11:13 AM

Regular
1,351 posts

the Strata Management Act 2013 clearly states what are the obligations of the owner whose unit leak to the below unit. Management cannot wash hands like that lah.
TScornered corn P
post Jan 25 2020, 11:20 AM

Probation
28 posts

QUOTE(cedyy @ Jan 25 2020, 11:13 AM)
the Strata Management Act 2013 clearly states what are the obligations of the owner whose unit leak to the below unit. Management cannot wash hands like that lah.
What can i do that does not involve bleeding my wallet dry?
vckc
post Jan 25 2020, 12:16 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(cornered corn @ Jan 25 2020, 10:53 AM)
It has been almost 3 months. My flat is a normal flat, the ceiling starts dripping water. I called the owner above for many times already. No response no call back to me. Ignore my whatsapp messages. I go bang the door. It's his tenant. I talked to him and manage to get a sifu inside to do some repairing. Water drips still. Already cost me RM600. The flat management every month charged me RM50 and now they say it's none of their business. I am really scared at the idea of paying RM5K all by myself just to fix a problem originating from his unit. I might as well go kill and rob people already. I might as well drive a car into a crowd full of people. WTF, I have to pay RM5K all by myself to fix his broke ass unit? I don't even make 5K a month, I can't even save 1K a month and I have to pay RM5K? I just assuming it will cost RM5K. You tell me, what should I do? Sue him? Could you mail me the money and contact of lawyer so I can sue his ass?
Permanently repairing a leak like that will not cost 5k lar..... 1-2k can settle jor. Do it the proper way, remove the tiles, apply waterproofing solution then retile.
silverwave
post Jan 25 2020, 12:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,050 posts

QUOTE(cedyy @ Jan 25 2020, 11:13 AM)
Correct, management has to come in when owner above does not do anything. If i am not wrong, they should be a mediator or something like management pays for the repair and charges the bill to the owner above. Got to google this Strata Act.
prophecus
post Jan 25 2020, 12:45 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

look Section 142 of the Strata Management Act 2013...

the law is clearly on your side.
nexona88
post Jan 25 2020, 01:02 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,830 posts

wtf Management.. they cannot runway like that..
they needed to do something.. it's stated in the law..
cedyy
post Jan 25 2020, 01:38 PM

Regular
1,351 posts

QUOTE(cornered corn @ Jan 25 2020, 11:20 AM)
What can i do that does not involve bleeding my wallet dry?
lodge a complaint with management. Management must notify the owner and owner must rectify the leak at his/her cost.
SUSscarypoolparty
post Jan 25 2020, 02:06 PM

Enthusiast
751 posts

QUOTE(vckc @ Jan 25 2020, 12:16 PM)
Permanently repairing a leak like that will not cost 5k lar..... 1-2k can settle jor. Do it the proper way, remove the tiles, apply waterproofing solution then retile.
you need to find the root of the problem before start repairing. not remove tiles and apply solution.

1 to 2k to solve your problem???? day dreaming. maybe for temporarily yes.
vckc
post Jan 25 2020, 05:07 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(scarypoolparty @ Jan 25 2020, 02:06 PM)
you need to find the root of the problem before start repairing. not remove tiles and apply solution.

1 to 2k to solve your problem???? day dreaming. maybe for temporarily yes.
1. This is a flat sized toilet.

2. Happened to me, and total bill was around 1.2k to settle the issue permanently. Not those temporary fix of applying waterproofing solution without retiling. It's really not that expensive. If you know the right people.
TScornered corn P
post Jan 25 2020, 09:12 PM

Probation
28 posts

I already told you guys. The management is unprofessional is simply doesn't care. Who else can I go to without my wallet bleeding dry?
leodinouknow
post Jan 25 2020, 11:44 PM

Enthusiast
990 posts

QUOTE(cornered corn @ Jan 25 2020, 10:12 PM)
I already told you guys. The management is unprofessional is simply doesn't care. Who else can I go to without my wallet bleeding dry?
you need fack management daily. disturb them til they cannot tahan also. then solution will come out naturally. they will push here push there, say only is admin la no power la, only work parttime dont know la.... ask supervisor or in charge of management, dont simply call they office scold office girl, no use de.
SUSscarypoolparty
post Jan 26 2020, 09:32 AM

Enthusiast
751 posts

QUOTE(vckc @ Jan 25 2020, 05:07 PM)
1. This is a flat sized toilet.

2. Happened to me, and total bill was around 1.2k to settle the issue permanently. Not those temporary fix of applying waterproofing solution without retiling. It's really not that expensive. If you know the right people.
I didnt notice TS mention it was upstairs toilet that having the issue

Beside leakage on on corner of the house could be leakage anywhere.
nexona88
post Jan 26 2020, 10:14 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,830 posts

QUOTE(cornered corn @ Jan 25 2020, 09:12 PM)
Keep knocking their door...
Push them day & night daily...
I know it's hard.. u have too.. unless u okay to freely give $$ to repair....
SUSdestiny6
post Jan 26 2020, 07:54 PM

Enthusiast
817 posts

Where is the source of the leaking first? If it's bathrooms then probably waterproofing not done properly, no hacking required, if it's pipe inside leaking then you need hacking, that will cost a lot
TScornered corn P
post Jan 27 2020, 03:12 PM

Probation
28 posts

What are you guys suggesting me to do?

-Talk to a management (very cincai one wor coz my flat also very cheap kind one wor) that does not care?
-Go to a lawyer with money I dont have?
-Knock his door? But it's his tenant, not the owner himself. I wake up at 6am to go to work and return at 8pm.

Is there any other way?
sjteh
post Jan 27 2020, 05:51 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

1. Write email to management office or official notice to management & owner as black & white.
2. After 2 weeks, lodge report to majlis perbandaran if no action from management office @ owner.
3. The officer at majlis will guide you step by step until the court level there.
sjteh
post Jan 27 2020, 05:52 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

All de besse....
mikessc
post Feb 4 2020, 07:22 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(cornered corn @ Jan 25 2020, 10:53 AM)
Happened to my apartment last time.
It was a ruptured plastic drain pipe buried in the concrete floor.

You need to hack the floor and repair the pipe.
FirstNoob
post Feb 4 2020, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

Just happened to my unit last month.
1) I launched a report to management, Management call the unit owner and tell him about the situation, send them photos etc.

2) Owners refuse to talk, even shout at management. But management wrote letter, email, etc and send to owner. Warning letter. (involve majlis pembandaran ) I dont know exact what letter.

3) Owner got no choice but to show up and look at the situation and find solution. If not he will be in trouble (tahts what i know from management)

4) In the end, he called 1 sifu to do. RM2k . Stop leaking + Repaint my unit (those affected area)

5) FINISH. SAO GONG

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:20 PM