Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Is Grab a dying company?

views

Imp Bron
post Jan 22 2020, 07:41 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

Only grabcar not profitable, so does other ride sharing business in other place around the world. These kind of business model only expected to be profitable when robotaxi technology comes online. Right now they just maintain the ride sharing business to hold the market share so that when the technology finally ready they are already fully prepared

But heard other grab service like Grab Pay, Grab Food, Grab express are profitable. Now Grab aim to be digital bank like Alipay, wechatpay. Soon we will be able to take microloan through grab app.

This post has been edited by Imp Bron: Jan 22 2020, 07:42 PM
Imp Bron
post Jan 22 2020, 11:35 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Jan 22 2020, 11:25 PM)
Not profitable to driver only gua.....grab still cut the commission, demand is still there
They still making losses la
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/a...itable-ceo.html

Anthony tan said will go public once profitable. 12 month from Nov 2019. Which mean Nov 2020 will finally start profitable

Tho like Uber/Lyft and all rideshare every year taichi this xx year will be profitable but end up every year still making billions of losses
Imp Bron
post Jan 22 2020, 11:44 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(not.a.dupe @ Jan 22 2020, 08:09 PM)
Last month was quite good, i saw more drivers and my bookings was quickly accepted. But this few weeks back to longer waiting time. Mostly i have to wait for the driver to drop off another rider first.
It's open market competition between grab and MyCar, they keep cutting price to out price each other. Old driver no like the new price so they cancel a lot. Grab no like old driver cancellation rate so they just ban them and pay new recruits rm500 to get more new drivers. However Grab probably overestimated new driver intake flow. Now they add rm300 more which make total rm800 recruitment incentive to the new drivers

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.75    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 31st March 2020 - 04:03 PM