Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is Grab a dying company?

views

ridox_orimabu
post Jan 23 2020, 09:51 AM

Rightly Guided Leadership
1,866 posts

QUOTE(tisuepaper @ Jan 23 2020, 09:47 AM)
different from what I heard from few grab driver,
those use their own car taking longer time to take psv and have to follow up with grab many many times on top of puspakom as well
and those who decide to rent daily car from grab, the psv can take within 2/3 weeks after they apply
its not wrong at all.

the one that car does not belong to them that i mentioned, also does not belong to grab. so its pinjam abg adik ayah mak punya car.

im well aware of the rental one for psv license applicant.
askingquestion
post Jan 23 2020, 09:51 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Imp Bron @ Jan 22 2020, 11:35 PM)
They still making losses la
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/a...itable-ceo.html

Anthony tan said will go public once profitable. 12 month from Nov 2019. Which mean Nov 2020 will finally start profitable

Tho like Uber/Lyft and all rideshare every year taichi this xx year will be profitable but end up every year still making billions of losses
Uber make loses because they invest billions in R&D. Doubt Grab is that willing to spend on R&D.

https://www.businessinsider.my/where-uber-s...19-8/?r=US&IR=T

Research and development was Uber’s biggest operating expense on its income statement. But much of that expense – $2.6 billion of the $3.1 billion total – came in the form of stock-based compensation, and that figure ballooned because of IPO-related vesting of certain restricted shares.

Still, Uber is investing heavily in R&D. Between its Advanced Technologies Group, which is developing self-driving cars in Pittsburgh, Toronto, and San Francisco; New Mobility, which is launching new e-bikes and adding public-transit options to Uber’s app; Elevate, the unit dedicated to making flying taxis a reality; and improvements to its core ride-hailing business’ dispatching, routing, and fare algorithms; there’s plenty to spend money on.

QUOTE(Teddysaur @ Jan 22 2020, 04:31 PM)
Then why no drivers around?
That should be a clear indicator that the company is dying.
This just means more customer than driver. Sounds like good business to me.

This post has been edited by askingquestion: Jan 23 2020, 09:58 AM
Invince_Z
post Jan 23 2020, 09:55 AM

!M4 !3eY0nC! 1337!!!!
2,747 posts

QUOTE(Teddysaur @ Jan 22 2020, 04:26 PM)
Seems everywhere around Klang Valley will say
No drivers around expect longer wait.

Or is this their way to milk all those rm30 by hiking the price?
babi apa no drivers. now fare macam do charity. bonus/incentive also berkira.
Invince_Z
post Jan 23 2020, 09:56 AM

!M4 !3eY0nC! 1337!!!!
2,747 posts

QUOTE(askingquestion @ Jan 23 2020, 09:51 AM)
Uber make loses because they invest billions in self driving car tech. Doubt Grab is that willing to spend on R&D.
This just means more customer than driver. Sounds like good business to me.

if more customers the fare would be higher as demand is high, but fare is low now.
Glue Lu
post Jan 23 2020, 09:57 AM

Getting Started
152 posts

when u saying dying, i laugh. multi-billion worth of company, multi-national, diversify in new industry, monopoly in msia market. u come out this statement when u cant get a driver? well done
Glue Lu
post Jan 23 2020, 09:57 AM

Getting Started
152 posts

when u saying dying, i laugh. multi-billion worth of company, multi-national, diversify in new industry, monopoly in msia market. u come out this statement when u cant get a driver? well done
damonlbs
post Jan 23 2020, 10:07 AM

Casual
484 posts

QUOTE(ter001 @ Jan 23 2020, 09:42 AM)
Why Grab had to leave Malaysia for Singapore???

The Finance Asia magazine published an article that may turn the Malaysian startup world upside down, telling why a startup like Grab made it big in Singapore instead of Kuala Lumpur.

Grab, which started as My Teksi in Malaysia rebranded itself into Grab Taxi after moving to Singapore, leaving Malaysia behind certainly due to regulatory issues on raising funds from international venture capital.

The magazine quoted Chua Kee Lock, group president and CEO of Vertex who told the online publication how the company persuaded Grab to make the move and explained why he expects more hot start-ups from the region to make the same move.

He said the advantages of Singapore is that startups get government subsidies and tax breaks, but more importantly for start-ups and early-stage investors like Vertex is the well-developed ecosystem for start-up funding that helps attract international financiers and bring higher valuations for public offerings.
Blame LGE

Wait he was not on the job yet
Zoopdiidoo
post Jan 23 2020, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

still many riders for Grab Food
yhtan
post Jan 23 2020, 10:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(tisuepaper @ Jan 23 2020, 09:47 AM)
different from what I heard from few grab driver,
those use their own car taking longer time to take psv and have to follow up with grab many many times on top of puspakom as well
and those who decide to rent daily car from grab, the psv can take within 2/3 weeks after they apply
Rental car just need PSV.

As for own car not only PSV, has to conduct Puspakom check if above 3 years, then have to apply EVP (Electronic Vehicle Permit) from APAD. Sometimes the EVP took 1-2 weeks to obtain. The whol process might take 3-4 weeks to complete. Not like in the old days can activate within the day.

adren1
post Jan 23 2020, 10:26 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

Grab MasterCard asia's first numberless card coming to MY soon
not.a.dupe
post Jan 24 2020, 12:22 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Imp Bron @ Jan 22 2020, 11:44 PM)
It's open market competition between grab and MyCar, they keep cutting price to out price each other. Old driver no like the new price so they cancel a lot. Grab no like old driver cancellation rate so they just ban them and pay new recruits rm500 to get more new drivers. However Grab probably overestimated new driver intake flow. Now they add rm300 more which make total rm800 recruitment incentive to the new drivers
Oh that explains the better pricing im getting recently. Grab was getting quite high and i tried mycar for a bit. Although before booking a trip, i'd make price comparison. Mycar was significantly cheaper but lately grab is back to their old pricing. Its good that mycar is keeping the competition in check.

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.68    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:56 PM