Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Help with Microsoft Outlook, Copy and paste .msg files

views

red4900
post Jan 25 2020, 07:47 PM

Casual
398 posts

QUOTE(AnimeSinceForever @ Jan 23 2020, 03:35 PM)
Because of that condition "you can't use any 3rd party software on the laptop to make your job easier" ...
starting to look like this duty may actually be a plan of constructive dismissal by your company.

It's even clearer that that is the plan, if you have an unreasonable deadline plus have to make a very comprehensive report.
No laaa

My company also same security policy. Byk company macam ni la. Not that u cant, but u have to go thru multiple level to get permission to use it

How i know my company not planning to dismiss me too? I know about the policy in the first few days i'm working there, illogical for them to want to dismiss me that fast lol
red4900
post Jan 25 2020, 10:19 PM

Casual
398 posts

QUOTE(AnimeSinceForever @ Jan 25 2020, 07:57 PM)
For your own privacy and peace of mind, make sure any e-mail that goes into your outlook account also gets copied into your gmail.

One reason why companies restrict communication to outlook is that it makes it very easy to dismiss staff and lock up their email account quickly.
THAT is exactly why company will want to fire you. You should NEVER leak internal email to external party, unless you want to whistleblow or something

The only reason why business wants to restrict email to the outlook is because it gives them greater control on what information gets out. Because that information can affect business.

It is true that when they dismiss staff, it makes it easier to lock the email account. But why so scared. As long as you arent doing anything illegal, there is no reason to be that suspicious on the company. Company cant suka2 dismiss people
red4900
post Jan 25 2020, 10:36 PM

Casual
398 posts

QUOTE(AnimeSinceForever @ Jan 25 2020, 10:24 PM)
Protecting yourself isn't a reasonable cause for dismissal. And how are you leaking when you are copying email to your own personal email account?

Anyway office politics should be interesting for you.

The people who live life straight often get lied to by the crooked ones.
Enlighten me how is risking leaking internal communication to outside world considered "protecting yourself"?

You sending company's email to your own email is already considered "leak". Harmless, but leak nonetheless.

Can you be 100% sure there is no MITM attack when you use external email? Encrypted communication? Secure identity? Do you know the internal security of how email works from sending all the way to receiving?

Lets say if you are convinced that your email is secure. If it leaks, is it fair that the company blame you and dismiss you, and there'd be absolutely zero drama about it? Because I've seen this happens, and there was big drama when it happened even though it's absolutely the employee's fault.

If you use the company's infra, things leak because the security team fucked up, you wont be blamed.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0309sec    0.86    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 31st March 2020 - 10:33 AM