Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Living in Sydney, Malaysian Meetup

views

TShalouwalk
post Jan 22 2020, 12:41 PM, updated 5y ago

16 posts

I came to Sydney initially for a 2-year work, but ended up staying back way longer than expected. Since I grew up and completed all my studies in Msia before arriving, I have no school or uni friends here to meet up to talk about world happenings.. err small talk. wink.gif

I typically find Aussies are a tight-knit community and a bit difficult to establish solid friendships. I work in IT, and office is in CBD close to Pitt St Mall. If there is anyone interested to meet up during lunch hours or other times, feel free to PM. I am a Malaysian Indian man in my 40's with a family and love a few things like nature, travel, space, parenting, spiritual exploration.. smile.gif
Rand
post Jan 23 2020, 06:20 AM

Casual
319 posts

I would if I happened to be in Sydney. Unfortunately I'm based in Melbourne. I think we've got a few members based in Sydney though.
TShalouwalk
post Jan 23 2020, 11:02 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 23 2020, 06:20 AM)
I would if I happened to be in Sydney. Unfortunately I'm based in Melbourne. I think we've got a few members based in Sydney though.
Thanks for responding! Hopefully, the haze there is getting better. Things are much better in Sydney for last couple of weeks, but today is extremely hot with max temp of 41'C!

For those in Sydney, I do go for regular walks at the Hyde Park during lunch hours, if you are interested.
SUSsynapse*!
post Jan 28 2020, 07:11 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(halouwalk @ Jan 23 2020, 11:02 AM)
Thanks for responding! Hopefully, the haze there is getting better. Things are much better in Sydney for last couple of weeks, but today is extremely hot with max temp of 41'C!

For those in Sydney, I do go for regular walks at the Hyde Park during lunch hours, if you are interested.
I m based in Kogarah, about a few KMs from the airport. PM me we could meet up
jtsl9
post Feb 18 2020, 06:30 AM

Getting Started
276 posts

I am based in Parramatta and currently work in Rydalmere.
I have only moved to Sydney 2 years ago and i understand that its hard to find a close knit friends with the local people since they already have their own group
One of my friend actually join a foodie group which do regular meet up.
PM if you do want to meet up, i do occasionally head into the city on the weekend to catch up with my friends
hksgmy
post Jun 15 2020, 08:26 PM

Doraemon!
4,358 posts

Please keep this thread alive! I’ll be retiring permanently to Sydney, and whilst I have family and my Australian colleagues and University mates there, I’d love to hook up with fellow Malaysians when I’m there!
hksgmy
post Jun 15 2020, 08:28 PM

Doraemon!
4,358 posts

Sorry, forgot to say that our house be in the city itself, probably 10-15 mins from the CBD
SUSsynapse*!
post Jul 1 2020, 01:18 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(hksgmy @ Jun 15 2020, 08:28 PM)
Sorry, forgot to say that our house be in the city itself, probably 10-15 mins from the CBD
Doc, i m based in Syd. Let me know if you up for a beer
LengluihunteR
post Sep 8 2020, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
235 posts

Same here, give a holler if you guys are up for a drink.

I am in Rhodes, work in CBD but WFH since March.
Moshpit94
post Nov 7 2020, 01:50 AM

Casual
341 posts

QUOTE(halouwalk @ Jan 22 2020, 12:41 PM)
I came to Sydney initially for a 2-year work, but ended up staying back way longer than expected. Since I grew up and completed all my studies in Msia before arriving, I have no school or uni friends here to meet up to talk about world happenings.. err small talk. wink.gif

I typically find Aussies are a tight-knit community and a bit difficult to establish solid friendships. I work in IT, and office is in CBD close to Pitt St Mall. If there is anyone interested to meet up during lunch hours or other times, feel free to PM. I am a Malaysian Indian man in my 40's with a family and love a few things like nature, travel, space, parenting, spiritual exploration.. smile.gif
Hi sir, can you share me how can I start working in Aussie? I'm looking an opportunity after Covid-19 to work oversea. Currently I have 4 yrs exp in Software Dev(programmer) and IT project management. Malay guy. I'm keen to know is it hard to migrate and living oversea.

Thank you so much in advance!
empire
post Oct 27 2021, 11:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

yes and all of you can pour out your hearts out to each other how badly you missed all the delicious Malaysian food. Sure you can get some malaysian food is sydney...but they are NOT the same standard LOL!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:03 AM