Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bridgestone Ecopia EP300 Rewiew, It's Good Or Bad?

views

TSAdrianS_99
post Jan 21 2020, 10:46 AM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
81 posts

Here is my honest rewiew of Bridgestone Ecopia EP300.

At May 2018,I bought a "Malaysian Most Powerfull Car" which is New MYVI icon_idea.gif ,
My myvi spec was 1.3G Auto Kosong Spec brows.gif,

The manufacture give the tire spec 1.3 G&X are

Bridgestone Ecopia Ep150 175/65 R14 82H,Rim spec was 2nd generation myvi normal rim 5Jx14 ET40 4x100

It's good for city drive because can get best fuel efficiency and low cost(if change same size R14 tyre)
for me , i not just city driving , sometime use highway for my outstation work and carry some product put on my car ,
i used ep150 within 1 week it's fuel efficiency but not good for me, highway due i speeding 120-140km/h, i feeling the tyre are "flying",
if got big vehicle overtake me i will feel the wind pushing me to the left,i got once nearly crash to the motorist..very dangerous..
So i talk to my friend AhQuan he work on tire shop,i talked that story to AhQuan,he suggest me upsize to R15 due my safety purpose.
he suggest me to trade in originial tire+rim and buy new set rim and 4 of the bridgestone ep300(Rm175 include install,alignment,balancing,rotation) so i accept it.

So i upsize from Bridgestone Ecopia Ep150 175/65 R14 82H to Bridgestone Ecopia Ep300 195/55 R15 85V (the new rim spec i forgot liao)

After used 1year 7 month carefully tke care the tire,my mileage was 32000km,
every 10000km i will do tire front-back exchange+alignment+balancing rotation,here is the pros and cons

Pros:
Fuel Efficiency,i was surprised of my best result;Ron95 BHP 31L runs 575km,18.55km/100L 5.39L/100km base on 60% city drive 40% highway.
Great Grip,dry condition i tested on 80km/h on a sharp corner no issue.(be aware when speeding doing "action driving",kid's don't try brows.gif )
wet condition i won't do "action driving",so far for me didn't slip,great brake response
Brake Response,Great,emergency brake to avoid suddenly accident infront of me,i immediately stop the car at side of rode to check my car situation,
got badly smell and some smoke out from the brake pad there. this 3rd gen myvi original perodua brake are not good
compare to 2nd gen myvi perodua ori brake. rclxub.gif
Tread Life:after 30k km still got 55%! tire sifu told me can use up to in 40k-50k.(maybe i take good care of tire?)
Ride Comfort&Tire Noise:before 15k km mileage,for me it's quite quiet and comfort
Price: RM165 per unit(due last time promotion pakage price),affordable range eco tire!

Cons:
After 30k mileage,i can barely feel the performance are dreceasing,still no issue bruce.gif
the comfort & noise are leaving from me bye.gif
fuel efficiency are back to normal.(31L 360km 12km/L 8.33L/100km) wink.gif

after the tire tread wear was done, i would take same EP300 for sure (if still on sale)
i would recommend this tire~ thumbsup.gif

TQ to see my first post and my opinion,just a suggestion base on my exprience please consider whenever would u like to purchase. icon_rolleyes.gif cool2.gif
candidman78
post Jan 21 2020, 06:50 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

I use EP300on my "probably to most puik by people car" Proton Persona VVT

Size 195/55 /R15
Price RM 140 (Jun 2018)
Trade in factory stock Silverstone Krutzer. RM250 for 4pcs.

SUPER CHEAP!!! Hahaha

So far on tight corner i feeling confident on dry and after rain. No balls like those.
I haven't able to make skid sounds. Still 50% left after 23K KM.

But may be i trying to get TOYO since already use Bridgestone may round Iswara to Persona.

I can't compare with Iswara handling because the persona by it self is way more stable than Iswara. But i never had experience traction control, ESC bla bla
Triggered even cornering on wet road.

EP300 is adequate for daily use. Noise level is very subjective to me. Road conditions kill it. But better than Silverstone

TSAdrianS_99
post Jan 22 2020, 11:30 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(candidman78 @ Jan 21 2020, 06:50 PM)
I use EP300on my "probably to most puik by people car" Proton Persona VVT

Size 195/55 /R15
Price RM 140 (Jun 2018)
Trade in factory stock Silverstone Krutzer. RM250 for 4pcs.

SUPER CHEAP!!! Hahaha

So far on tight corner i feeling confident on dry and after rain.  No balls like those.
I haven't able to make skid sounds. Still 50% left after 23K KM.
But may be i trying to get TOYO since already use Bridgestone may round Iswara to Persona. 

I can't compare with  Iswara handling because the persona by it self is way more stable than Iswara. But i never had experience traction control, ESC bla bla
Triggered even cornering on wet road.

EP300 is adequate for daily use.  Noise level is very subjective to me. Road conditions kill it. But better than Silverstone
Ehh on my opinion, Proton Persona was a good car! even the performance,handling,NVH also great just to need take care the cvt
the 1st generation cvt response quite strange..sometime at traffic jam will chok, new facelift cvt has been updated,very smooth but got case member got tcu error..

"probably to most puik by people car" for me was bezza....bezza owner don't puik me first that was truth rclxub.gif

tire so far so good right?Haha rclxms.gif RM140 Cheap!! also worth.

Bridgestone definitely beter than Silverstone, for those haven't tried b4,kindly try and talk back to us how does your feeling specially on wet! shocking.gif

next time i think i also change to toyo TR1,kindly no for ne03.. trust me sweat.gif
candidman78
post Jan 23 2020, 05:07 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

When i buy Persona people look at me one kind. Haha

I got my ECU updated. I don't feel any jerk. Before and after (2018 Jun)

Bridgestone EP300 is worth the price. After trade in silver stone is less than RM100

Unfortunately there is no 185/55/R15.
Somesaid 195/55/R15 slightly higher fuel consumption
halcyon27
post Jan 23 2020, 06:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(AdrianS_99 @ Jan 21 2020, 10:46 AM)
Here is my honest rewiew of Bridgestone Ecopia EP300.

At May 2018,I bought a "Malaysian Most Powerfull Car" which is New MYVI  icon_idea.gif  ,
My myvi spec was 1.3G Auto Kosong Spec brows.gif,

The manufacture give the tire spec 1.3 G&X are

Bridgestone Ecopia Ep150 175/65 R14 82H,Rim spec was 2nd generation myvi normal rim 5Jx14 ET40 4x100

It's good for city drive because can get best fuel efficiency and low cost(if change same size R14 tyre)
for me , i not just city driving , sometime use highway for my outstation work and carry some product put on my car ,
i used ep150 within 1 week it's fuel efficiency but not good for me, highway due i speeding 120-140km/h, i feeling the tyre are "flying",
if got big vehicle overtake me i will feel the wind pushing me to the left,i got once nearly crash to the motorist..very dangerous..
So i talk to my friend AhQuan he work on tire shop,i talked that story to AhQuan,he suggest me upsize to R15 due my safety purpose.
he suggest me to trade in originial tire+rim and buy new set rim and 4 of the bridgestone ep300(Rm175 include install,alignment,balancing,rotation) so i accept it.

So i upsize from Bridgestone Ecopia Ep150 175/65 R14 82H to Bridgestone Ecopia Ep300 195/55 R15 85V (the new rim spec i forgot liao)

After used 1year 7 month carefully tke care the tire,my mileage was 32000km,
every 10000km i will do tire front-back exchange+alignment+balancing rotation,here is the pros and cons

Pros:
Fuel Efficiency,i was surprised of my best result;Ron95 BHP 31L runs 575km,18.55km/100L 5.39L/100km base on 60% city drive 40% highway.
Great Grip,dry condition i tested on 80km/h on a sharp corner no issue.(be aware when speeding doing "action driving",kid's don't try brows.gif )
                wet condition i won't do "action driving",so far for me didn't slip,great brake response
Brake Response,Great,emergency brake to avoid suddenly accident infront of me,i immediately stop the car at side of rode to check my car situation,
                        got badly smell and some smoke out from the brake pad there. this 3rd gen myvi original perodua brake are not good     
                        compare to 2nd gen myvi perodua ori brake. rclxub.gif
Tread Life:after 30k km still got 55%! tire sifu told me can use up to in 40k-50k.(maybe i take good care of tire?)
Ride Comfort&Tire Noise:before 15k km mileage,for me it's quite quiet and comfort
Price: RM165 per unit(due last time promotion pakage price),affordable range eco tire!
Cons:
After 30k mileage,i can barely feel the performance are dreceasing,still no issue bruce.gif
the comfort & noise are leaving from me bye.gif
fuel efficiency are back to normal.(31L 360km 12km/L 8.33L/100km)  wink.gif
after the tire tread wear was done, i would take same EP300 for sure (if still on sale)
i would recommend this tire~ :thumbsup:

TQ to see my first post and my opinion,just a suggestion base on my exprience please consider whenever would u like to purchase. icon_rolleyes.gif  cool2.gif
Thks for the review. If the rim size allows,185/55R15 is closer to stock, may lose out slightly to stability of the 195 but may edge in fuel efficiency owing to the smaller contact patch.
TSAdrianS_99
post Jan 24 2020, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(candidman78 @ Jan 23 2020, 05:07 PM)
When i buy Persona people look at me one kind. Haha

I got my ECU updated. I don't feel any jerk. Before and after (2018 Jun)

Bridgestone EP300 is worth the price. After trade in silver stone is less than RM100

Unfortunately there is no 185/55/R15. 
Somesaid 195/55/R15 slightly higher fuel consumption
Until now,most of proton car's below 50k gave silverstone tire,i would said proton gave the tire was worse than first time i use ep150...i'm serious
for just normal daily city driving (work,take kids to school,shopping else..) that's enough.
No issue for upsize 185/55 to 195/55,just more stable,more comfort and fuel consumption. honestly told you, saving or not saving fuel depends on your driving style,tire pressure,your route got high traffic or not,weather and your vehicle load(people,item else) flex.gif

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Jan 23 2020, 06:22 PM)
Thks for the review. If the rim size allows,185/55R15 is closer to stock, may lose out slightly to stability of the 195 but may edge in fuel efficiency owing to the smaller contact patch.
Thanks for your support~i will keep update my review tire,sharing is caring icon_rolleyes.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.38    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:57 PM