Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Wacom demo units?

views

TSaltuser
post Jan 21 2020, 10:31 AM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
59 posts

I've been using an Intuous 5 for several years now. Before that I had an Intuous 3 (which I have been trying to sell off unsuccessfuly). At the moment, I'm thinking of getting a Cintiq...but I don't want to commit until I can at least try my hand on it. I'm particularly interested in the difference in the colour display of Cintiq and Cintiq Pro. Merely reading specs and reviews just don't cut it for me, I need to experience it myself.

Wacom doesn't seem to operate any retail outlets of their own in Malaysia, and all the retailers I've found that sells Wacom products don't seem to have any demo units. Does anyone know any shops that have demo units, especially for Cintiq, Cintiq Pro and perhaps even MobileStudio Pro? Or perhaps someone is aware of an event that may be held soon that Wacom might be attending and have a booth that might have demo units?

I appreciate any info I can get.
purplefellow
post Jan 22 2020, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

The only time I ever saw Cintiq demo units was during Comic Fiesta where they had a booth there. But this was many many years ago... I haven't been to the event recently so I've no idea if they still do it.

Your best bet would be to contact Wacom directly and ask.
TSaltuser
post Jan 22 2020, 05:37 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

I tried contacting them, but couldn't get through for some reason. I thought of CF as well, but that was recently held last month so it's going to be a long wait for the next one.
kyLL
post Feb 21 2020, 11:37 AM

-=-
1,638 posts

afaik their malaysian office has closed down.. your best bet would be to look for retailers and ask if its possible to demo. possibly with intent to purchase.

mowlous
post Feb 24 2020, 04:15 PM

Casual
492 posts

That brand is so expensive and not many people in this country buy tablet ...... I don't think they would open up a demo unit just for the potentials.

Even apple store display so many things except for wacom demo units.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.56    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:06 PM