Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Phone Import from US, Importing an iPhone from US

views

TSyenchenje P
post Jan 11 2020, 02:29 AM, updated 2 months ago

Probation
4 posts

Hi all, just wanted to ask, is there a price limit when we import phones? For example, I imported a LG V30 from taobao before with a reshipper but I didn't had any problems with it. If I used a reshipper for US to Malaysia, is it possible that I will get hit with SIRIM taxes? As I've read on some threads, apparently you won't get hit with taxes if the item(phone) imported is less than RM500 in value? Is this real? As I'm trying to import an iPhone to Malaysia at the moment, just wanted to check if I import the phone from US to here, will I get hit with the SIRIM tax? TLDR again, I've imported a phone once but I wasn't hit with a SIRIM tax. Needed further clarification on this matter. Thanks for all the help in advance. rclxms.gif
xeNOS
post Jan 11 2020, 02:46 AM

.:floccinaucinihilipilification:.
1,121 posts

As long as there is wireless communication involved, Sirim will hit you, regardless of the amount

This post has been edited by xeNOS: Jan 11 2020, 02:46 AM
CyrusWong
post Jan 11 2020, 03:37 AM

Renge Miyauchi
1,343 posts

QUOTE(yenchenje @ Jan 11 2020, 02:29 AM)
If I used a reshipper for US to Malaysia, is it possible that I will get hit with SIRIM taxes?
depend on the reshipper, some reshipper will help avoid taxes for customer, if kene tax, customer will need to pay the tax.

QUOTE(yenchenje @ Jan 11 2020, 02:29 AM)
As I've read on some threads, apparently you won't get hit with taxes if the item(phone) imported is less than RM500 in value? Is this real?
not sure about this, if not mistaken, we need to pay tax for the parcel declared value, doesn't matter it's above/below rm500, only reshipper i see they implement this threshold is EzBuy.
TSyenchenje P
post Jan 11 2020, 10:56 AM

Probation
4 posts

Cause right now I'm looking at EZiPoz for shipping, and their package is like RM60 or something, is there any better recommendations? For like reshipper services?
TSyenchenje P
post Jan 11 2020, 10:58 AM

Probation
4 posts

QUOTE(xeNOS @ Jan 11 2020, 02:46 AM)
As long as there is wireless communication involved, Sirim will hit you, regardless of the amount
Ah ok, as I've tried with this before
user posted image
where I wasn't hit with taxes and it just delivered straight to my door, just needed declaration. thumbup.gif
cradebz
post Jan 14 2020, 10:55 PM

1 posts

Comgateway. Sirim charge permit fee. Kastam charge tax

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0336sec    5.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th February 2020 - 12:38 PM