Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

F**KED Up Myvi soundsystem

views

TSimserious
post Jan 10 2020, 08:17 PM, updated 5y ago

4 posts

Hi all good people,

Ok this is an old myvi. last year one of the front speakers was dead. so i changed it to ALPINE S-S40 S. the sound was nice at least for front seat. i can boost the bass from the HU if i want more bass. so today i changed the rear speaker to ALPINE SPJ-161C2. anddddd nowwww i have no bass. i thought aftermarket is better than stock speakers. or issit because the stock speakers were midrange/bass kinda speaker. So what should i do now? replace the speaker with midrange/bass speaker or buy an underseat subwoofer. Help me Sifu
matrix88
post Jan 10 2020, 08:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,098 posts

player not enough power. get an amplifier, then subwoofer.
TSimserious
post Jan 10 2020, 10:09 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(matrix88 @ Jan 10 2020, 08:21 PM)
player not enough power. get an amplifier, then subwoofer.
oh i thought those speakers are 50 watts. and the hu is 50x4 or somthing. that should be enough right? god im so noob at this
TitaniumZ
post Jan 11 2020, 08:10 AM

Ze Balmarian
1,915 posts

You'll need subwoofer if you want bass.
If you don't want to invest an amp, you could change a better HU with digital crossover, forget about rear speaker (but you already bought it, so might as well keep them as filler/mid bass). Decent front speaker + a subwoofer is all that matter to you. Pioneer underseat subwoofer is good for a start.
wira_laju
post Jan 13 2020, 03:32 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

change aftermarket hu.
kohchuup
post Jan 21 2020, 08:04 AM

Getting Started
192 posts

QUOTE(imserious @ Jan 10 2020, 08:17 PM)
Hi all good people,

Ok this is an old myvi. last year one of the front speakers was dead. so i changed it to ALPINE S-S40 S. the sound was nice at least for front seat. i can boost the bass from the HU if i want more bass. so today i changed the rear speaker to ALPINE SPJ-161C2. anddddd nowwww i have no bass. i thought aftermarket is better than stock speakers. or issit because the stock speakers were midrange/bass kinda speaker. So what should i do now? replace the speaker with midrange/bass speaker or buy an underseat subwoofer. Help me Sifu
the reason why before u change to a new rear speaker u got the bass n after change to a new rear speaker without the bass, simply because u selected a higher power rating than the original one. u can either get back to ur acc shop n ask them to change to a lower power rating or change ur hu or add an amp.
TSimserious
post Jan 30 2020, 10:25 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(kohchuup @ Jan 21 2020, 08:04 AM)
the reason why before u change to a new rear speaker u got the bass n after change to a new rear speaker without the bass, simply because u selected a higher power rating than the original one. u can either get back to ur acc shop n ask them to change to a lower power rating or change ur hu or add an amp.
oh im using alpine HU. how do i change to a lower power rating? thanks dude
ahchun
post Jan 30 2020, 10:29 AM

MiddleAge
1,115 posts

QUOTE(imserious @ Jan 10 2020, 10:09 PM)
oh i thought those speakers are 50 watts. and the hu is 50x4 or somthing. that should be enough right? god im so noob at this
your speaker is 50watt RMS

your hu is 50watt max (not RMS)
TSimserious
post Jan 30 2020, 06:47 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(ahchun @ Jan 30 2020, 10:29 AM)
your speaker is 50watt RMS

your hu is 50watt max (not RMS)
OMG. thank you so much. so i googled it. "A head unit with a 50 watt x 4 peak power rating probably produces about 20-25 watts of continuous, or RMS power". now that make sense. so now i need an amp. damn it. i hope it wont cost to much money and time. thank you so much sifu achun. u r the best!
kohchuup
post Feb 11 2020, 09:05 AM

Getting Started
192 posts

u can either swap your speakers with ur installer to a easy to drive speakers if u want lesser your further damage
howiechoo
post Feb 22 2020, 11:41 PM

Sincerely providing good music since 2004
1,919 posts

QUOTE(imserious @ Jan 30 2020, 06:47 PM)
OMG. thank you so much. so i googled it. "A head unit with a 50 watt x 4 peak power rating probably produces about 20-25 watts of continuous, or RMS power". now that make sense. so now i need an amp. damn it. i hope it wont cost to much money and time. thank you so much sifu achun. u r the best!
aftermarket speaker design is a little different with original, except hte wattage, the oem speaker design to have more mid bass range of sound output than aftermarket speaker which are linear. the oem design like to to compensate the oem door that were not sound dampened, to sound like it has some bass.. you will find out the oem speaker bass are more like echo rather than bass.

just fyi, i had tried many way to make a myvi rear spk sounds good but i gave up after all. the location is actually not ideal for front, and even for rear passenger.

if you wan your overall system sounds good, the 4" spk remain, and add in a subwoofer which can do slight higher range of sub to mid bass like 60-120hz to compensate the size of your 4inch spk. It sounds a bit weird to use a sub covering a mid bass driver (6.5") but if u tune it right, the simple setup will last u at least 1 to 2 years before u think of an upgrade.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:18 PM