Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How many of you si gemuk don't know how to ride, a bicycle ?

How many of you si gemuk don't know how to ride

I don't know how to ride bicycle. [ 37 ] ** [25.87%]
I know how to ride bicycle. [ 106 ] ** [74.13%]
Total Votes: 143
Guests cannot vote 
views

SUSjbcoder
post Jan 9 2020, 11:54 AM, updated 5y ago

Enthusiast
783 posts

Show your ride and speed.

1. Steel mtb at 17kg (complete with accessories) on Chao Yang 1.5inch slicks. Average on 25 km/h max on 35/40 km/h all gears used.

2. Alloy camp road bike 25mm 700c wheels 10kg average on 30 km/h max 45/50 km/h not yet max out rear cassette (leg tak cukup power) using 50/34 compact with 9 speed sora shifter.

First bike cost me rm 480. Second one around 1.6k both bought new.

SUSjbcoder
post Jan 9 2020, 12:15 PM

Enthusiast
783 posts

QUOTE(reed90 @ Jan 9 2020, 12:13 PM)
beli second one kat mana?
But mine is frame 49cm, a bit smaller than the largest frameset of this brand which is 51cm. Then again, they calculate by seat post to get 49cm, which is incorrect for road bikes.

Upon measuring the top tube length it's actually a size 52/53cm

https://bicyclebuysell.com/item/421986/camp...ing-cable-9-5kg
SUSjbcoder
post Jan 9 2020, 12:24 PM

Enthusiast
783 posts

QUOTE(reed90 @ Jan 9 2020, 12:19 PM)
not bad

aluminium ok ah? can still bike happy o not?
pasal mau ambik carbon frame tapi mahal liao
It's more than sufficient. It's actually harder/stiffer and last longer than carbon.

Easy to climb and also can go faster than cars in cities. No need for a carbon bike, overrated for people who don't compete or with too much money but want to show off.

Carbon frames are not that much lighter at all. You're better off losing weight instead. Carbon frame compared to alloy you save only 3kg at most which can be easily shed off from the body.
SUSjbcoder
post Jan 9 2020, 12:30 PM

Enthusiast
783 posts

QUOTE(reed90 @ Jan 9 2020, 12:26 PM)
forgive me for this is a bodo noob question:
do u need bring airpump w u everytime ride? how if bike pancit tengah jalan?
No i don't bring air pump. Just make sure your tyres are well pumped to over 100 psi all the time.

Most people pamcit because they never pump the tyre up to the spec recommended psi so they end up with pinch flats, where the rim hits the road due to insufficient pressure, especially going over pot holes or small stones.

Make sure to ride on proper roads and if the road is shit, you're better off using a gravel bike that is similar to road bike but uses wider tyres with some knobbies similar to mtb.

You should pump the road bike wheels once every few days. The high pressure psi tend to lose air faster than mtb tyres (which only need to pump every 3 weeks compared to rb wheels almost every week)

So far my road bike never pamcit tengah jalan. I usually just bring a spare tube with handpump if I go far but so far tak payah lah.
SUSjbcoder
post Jan 9 2020, 12:39 PM

Enthusiast
783 posts

QUOTE(reed90 @ Jan 9 2020, 12:33 PM)
so needing 100psi, can use own pump at home? or need to fill at those petronas type air pumps?
You can buy those pump from bike shops or sports direct, they come with the psi meter.

Don't cheap out and get the mrDIY one, cannot last long.

Pump usually under rm 80 for good one. Make sure it has support for presta valve.
SUSjbcoder
post Jan 9 2020, 01:12 PM

Enthusiast
783 posts

QUOTE(haroldz123 @ Jan 9 2020, 01:09 PM)
I still sakit telur n cramps after 30mins ride.

Still noob using clip shoe, takut jatuh then kena seret dgn lorry

So use normal pedal
You need cycling attire that has padding on your crotch, OR buy a gel seat cover on your bike.

Solved my problem.

It's important or else, you will have crotch cramp, and the penis feels weird...

Never again would I cycle without some sort of padding on seat or attire.

As for clipless pedals, I don't use them, because you cannot walk with the road specific pedals, and the mtb clips don't really look right.

Flat pedals you can use any shoes you like that are comfortable. The shoes are cheaper, can just get cheap 30 ringgit bata sport shoes.

There's a technique to pedal properly that enables you to reach near performance of clipless pedals. You need to know when to angle your feet and pull up on the pedal after a down stroke.

This post has been edited by jbcoder: Jan 9 2020, 01:13 PM
SUSjbcoder
post Jan 9 2020, 02:39 PM

Enthusiast
783 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Jan 9 2020, 01:43 PM)
how u maintain avg 25kmh ah? for me 25kmh is exerting myself liao. i average between 12kmh-18kmh, at 60-70 rpm cadence.

if i shift higher gears my cadence will drop to 50+ and i'd be really pushing my legs in order to maintain 25kmh, even that oso  short distance a few hundred meters only before falling back to 12-18kmh

i ride cheapo MTB with maxxis detonator 1.5inch slicks. 27.5 wheel, 3x8 grouset
I am under 70 kg so it's not a problem for me... hehehe. Just tuck in and lower your head for aero position. You will gain 2-3 km/h
SUSjbcoder
post Jan 9 2020, 02:44 PM

Enthusiast
783 posts

QUOTE(vanhoe0 @ Jan 9 2020, 02:43 PM)
Got any cheap electric one?
Most will run over 2k and also they're heavy as fuck, 20 kg at least.
SUSjbcoder
post Jan 9 2020, 03:27 PM

Enthusiast
783 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jan 9 2020, 03:19 PM)
May I know more details of this technique?  hmm.gif
Can you share with us please?  notworthy.gif
At the down stroke, turn ankle as forward/down as possible and drag backwards as hard/fast, it works your gastrocnemius and soleus and semi muscles, while on the other foot you press down on the pedal.

Best done on a pedal that has screws/nuts on the surface to maximize friction on the sole of your shoes so your feet doesn't slip off while dragging the pedal stroke upwards.

Usually with clipless you do it unconsciously and easily and don't need to worry about slipping.

With this technique you can gain additional 5 km/h but also a bit more sore on the muscles under the leg.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0372sec    0.67    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:59 PM