Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Safe Mode | Infrastructure Upgrade Phase 1 Complete

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Protestant issues, for Protestants only.

views

TSlurkingaround
post Jan 2 2020, 02:46 PM, updated 3d ago

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #01, pregnancy cravings demonic.? https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4878869

Issue #02, buying insurance = lack of faith.? https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4879404

Issue #03, love your enemies.? https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4880254

Issue #04, tithe.? 10%.? 3%.? ?%.? https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4882273

Issue #05, dating non-Christian gf. https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4882930

Issue #06, once saved always saved.? so easy.? https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4883874

Issue #07, all sins, past, present and future, forgiven.? https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4884160

------- -------
Issue #08

Is the Book of JAMES inspired by God like how the Book of 1JOHN, 1PETER or 1TIMOTHY is truly inspired by God.?

I don't think the Book of James was inspired by God because if he was, he would have heeded the prophetic warning of the Lord/God Jesus Christ at LUKE.21:20 and MATT.24:15 & 24 to flee Judea. Instead, James remained in Jerusalem together with the Jewish rebels who were fighting against Roman rule(= the 1st Jewish-Roman War) and he was killed by the frustrated and loser Jewish rebels during the siege of Jerusalem by the Roman Army from Italy.

James was one of the brothers of Jesus Christ, ie earthly sons of Joseph and Mary. JOHN.7:5 and MARK.6:3 stated that His brothers did not believe that Jesus was the Christ/Messiah. Somehow, after His crucifixion, James ended up as the Christian bishop of Jerualem, a position that should have gone to Peter or John.

As the bishop of Jerusalem, James led the Judaizers, a group of extremist Jewish Christians who opposed Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, by demanding that Paul's newly-converted Gentile Christians be required to keep all of Moses Law, eg be circumcised - GAL.2:9-14 and ACTS.15:19-29 & 21:20-36.

So, the Book of James should be treated like the Book of Jonah and King Saul, ie Bible characters we should not learn from. The Book of James is mostly teaching the false doctrine of salvation by works, which is typical of Jewish teaching. The Word of God at LUKE.23:43 stated that a person can be saved by faith in Jesus Christ alone and without any works of the Law, ie the Jewish robber who was crucified next to Jesus was saved from hell by faith, even though he died young for his sin/crime of robbery.

Christians, eg Protestants, need to be very careful in what they believe in the Bible, eg don't believe in Jonah, James, Judas Iscariot, Ananias & Sapphira(ACTS.5:) and Simon the magician(ACTS.8:13).

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 15 2020, 07:43 AM
TSlurkingaround
post Jan 3 2020, 04:14 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #08

The non-inspired-by-God Book of James falsely teaches salvation from hell by faith + works. In comparison, Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, rightly teaches salvation from hell by faith alone.

This issue between the teaching of James and Paul is very important for some Gentile Christians. Let me explain why.? .......

Some new Gentile Christians, as former lawless Gentiles, might have ignorantly sinned or broken God's Law or did evil works and were mired in the horrible consequences of such sins before they came into faith in Jesus Christ for their salvation from hell, eg substance-addicts like alcoholics, chain-smokers, etc, and dabblers in the occult. The former evil works or sins of the new Gentile Christians do not disqualify them from being saved from hell by faith alone, as taught by Paul, because at ACTS.15:19-29 and ROMANS.14:1-13, God has permitted such poor suffering new Gentile Christian alcoholics or chain-smokers to remain alcoholic or chain-smoking, even though the substance-addiction will cause them to have a sad and shortened life on earth. Requiring them to also do the works of the Law to be saved, as taught by James = stop drinking or smoking immediately, will cause them even more physical harm and suffering, ie suffer terrible withdrawal symptoms like Delirium Tremens, and may even cause them to lose faith and thus their salvation.

An alcoholic Gentile Christian being permitted to remain alcoholic(= not doing the good works of the Law) is the same as God permitting uncircumcised Gentile Christian to remain uncircumcised because salvation from hell is by faith alone, not by faith + works. A "Pharisee" Christian may condemn others as not saved by falsely claiming that their faith were not accompanied with enough works or the appropriate works, as dictated by him/her.

A substance-addict is a sick person similar to a Type2 diabetes patient who is "addicted" to artificial insulin to survive longer on earth. The former has brain damage while the latter has pancreas damage = both are sick people who should not have the Book of James thrown at them.
....... If a diabetic can remain "addicted" to insulin and still be saved from hell by faith alone, why not the same for alcoholics and chain-smokers or drug-addicts.?

For some Gentile Christians, eternal life in the kingdom of heaven through faith in Jesus Christ trumps long life on earth through doing the works of the Law.

OTOH, I have often said that Christians should not willfully or intentionally sin unrepentantly or keep on sinning the same sin repeatedly without any repentance or guilt conscience, eg those who ignore the Old Testament Law and who see evil as good and good as evil. I said this not because I believe that salvation from hell is by faith + works, but because I believe that evil works or willful sins can cause the willful sinner/law-breaker to lose faith and thus lose his/her salvation while in horrible suffering for his/her willful sins. This affirms my belief that salvation is by faith alone, not by faith + works. Eg while in suffering for his ignorant sin, Job kept the faith but his wife probably lost faith and thus lost her salvation - JOB.2:9 and 1COR.5:5.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 4 2020, 11:24 AM
TSlurkingaround
post Jan 4 2020, 11:58 AM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #09

What is the "mark of the beast" at REV.13:11-18 & 14:9-11.? What is the "666".?

I believe it has something to do with computer chip implants(= cci) on your right hand or forehead(= for those without the use of their right hand) that will replace credit/debit cards for the digital buying and selling of stuffs = usher in a fully cashless society to save operational costs for businesses, eliminate theft/fraud/money-laundering/corruption(eg Najib and JhoLow), etc.

666 could mean the digital ID of the computer chip implants which have to be distinct or different for each of the 7 billion people, and increasing, in the world.
....... Each cci will have a series of 6-6-6 numbers, eg xxxxxxx-yyyyyyy-zzzzzzz = an 18-digit number that can accommodate 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 people each having a distinct/different 666 number for his/her cci. xxxxxxx can be the birthdate; yyyyyy can be the SN or MyKad number and zzzzzzz can be the randomly-given PIN. No 2 persons in the world will have the same 6-6-6 number.

As per REV, a time may be coming soon, ie just before the 2nd Coming of the Lord/God Jesus Christ to earth(1THESS.4:16), when the powerful governments of the world will begin requiring all to receive computer chip implants and will prosecute/persecute those who disobey the new law or leave them alone to starve to death - cf; Amish Christians will survive without the cci or "mark of the beast". Christians who accept the cci or mark will lose their salvation because they refuse to obey Christ by dying for their faith/belief - cf; most of Christ's apostles died for the faith when persecuted/prosecuted by the Roman colonial government, ie they refused to accept and worship the Roman Emperor as God. Similarly, during WW2, some Korean Christians were martyred by the Japanese colonial government when they refused to accept and worship the Japanese Emperor as God.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 15 2020, 07:45 AM
TSlurkingaround
post Jan 6 2020, 05:34 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #10

What is the Holy Trinity.?

REV.12: (NKJV) = Satan Thrown Out of Heaven

7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

------- -------

Since the rebellion of Satan and the fall of Adam, a great gulf separates heaven and earth or heaven and hell. God the Father lives in eternal heaven while Satan and humans live on non-eternal earth.
....... EXO.33:20, JOHN.1:18 & 5:37 stated that no man can or has seen the actual form of God or no man has seen God the Father in heaven, eg EZEKIEL.1 and REV.4.

Who would save humans or Adam's descendants from dying on earth and ending up in eternal hell.? = God the Father transformed Himself into the visible God the Son and/or the invisible God the Spirit to appear and speak to chosen and faithful prophets and apostles on earth, eg gave them His Law to curb their inborn tendency to commit sins and gave them the sacrificial Lamb of God to atone/forgive their inherited Adam's Original Sin.
....... Hence, the Bible or Word of God at JOHN.1:1 & 14 & 20:28 , 1TIM.3:16 and ISA.9:6 stated that Jesus the Christ/Messiah was God-in-the-flesh. 1THESS.4:16, 1COR.15:52 and REV.6: & 7: stated that the Lord/God Jesus Christ will be returning to earth in Vengeance against the unbelievers.

A good analogy of God the Father in heaven = God the Son and/or God the Spirit on earth is ...
the sun in outer space = sun-light and/or sun-warmth on earth.
....... The 3 are one and the same, yet different depending on where and who you are. Eg Moses saw and heard from the invisible God the Spirit, who was also God the Son - EXO.3:14/JOHN.8:58 and 2COR.3:17. Most humans on earth do not have such a miraculous experience = some tend to not believe, eg some atheists like to demand proofs of God's existence or for God to appear and speak to them like Moses = they will die in their unbelief - cf; JOHN.20:28-31 =

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

That You May Believe

30 And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 15 2020, 07:49 AM
TSlurkingaround
post Jan 7 2020, 12:04 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #11

Should ordinary Protestant Christians do these to any stranger or Tom, Dikk and Harry - feed, give him drink, provide shelter, clothe, nurse, visit him in prison, etc.?

MATT.25:31-46 (NKJV) = The Son of Man Will Judge the Nations

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

------- -------

MATT.25:40 clearly stated that ordinary Christians should only do these good provisions and deeds to the brethren of Jesus Christ = His apostles = His pastors, missionaries, evangelists and other Church workers, and not to any strange Tom, Dikk and Harry, especially their enemies and unbelievers. There are misguided Christians who foolishly do this.

It is a matter of salvation for ordinary Christians to tithe or financially support their Church and its workers. Personally, I give a tithe of about 3%, since I also have to pay about 10% tax to the national government = a 3% tithe is not burdensome, as per ACTS.15:19-29.
....... OTOH, pastors, missionaries, etc do not need to tithe, instead they collect tithes and gifts to their Church and should be good stewards of God in multiplying the talents(= Church growth).

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 15 2020, 07:52 AM
konholio
post Jan 7 2020, 12:14 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(lurkingaround @ Jan 4 2020, 11:58 AM)
Issue #09

What is the "mark of the beast" at REV.13:11-18 & 14:9-11.? What is the "666".?

I believe it has something to do with computer chip implants(= cci) on your right hand or forehead(= for those without the use of their right hand) that will replace credit/debit cards for the digital buying and selling of stuffs = usher in a fully cashless society to save operational costs for businesses, eliminate theft/fraud/money-laundering/corruption(eg Najib and JhoLow), etc.

666 could mean the digital ID of the computer chip implants which have to be distinct or different for each of the 7 billion  people, and increasing, in the world.
....... Each cci will have a series of 6-6-6 numbers, eg xxxxxxx-yyyyyyy-zzzzzzz = an 18-digit number that can accommodate 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 people each having a distinct/different 666 number for his/her cci. xxxxxxx can be the birthdate; yyyyyy can be the SN or MyKad  number and zzzzzzz can be the randomly-given PIN. No 2 persons in the world will have the same 6-6-6 number.

As per REV, a time may be coming soon, ie just before the 2nd Coming of the Lord/God Jesus Christ to earth(1THESS.4:16), when the powerful governments of the world will begin requiring all to receive computer chip implants and will prosecute/persecute those who disobey the new law or leave them alone to starve to death - cf; Amish Christians will survive without the cci or "mark of the beast". Christians who accept the cci or mark will lose their salvation because they refuse to obey Christ by dying for their faith/belief - cf; most of Christ's apostles died for the faith when persecuted/prosecuted by the Roman colonial government, ie they refused to accept and worship the Roman Emperor as God. Similarly, during WW2, some Korean Christians were martyred by the Japanese colonial government when they refused to accept and worship the Japanese Emperor as God.
I am agree to this version of explanation for Revelation :

konholio
post Jan 7 2020, 12:18 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(lurkingaround @ Jan 7 2020, 12:04 PM)
Issue #11

Should ordinary Protestant Christians do these to any stranger or Tom, Dikk and Harry - feed, give him drink, provide shelter, clothe, nurse, visit him in prison, etc.?

MATT.25:31-46 (NKJV) = The Son of Man Will Judge the Nations

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

------- -------

MATT.25:40 clearly stated that ordinary Christians should only do these good provisions and deeds to the brethren of Jesus Christ = His apostles = His pastors, missionaries, evangelists and other Church workers, and not to any strange Tom, Dikk and Harry, especially their enemies and unbelievers. There are misguided Christians who foolishly do this.

It is a matter of salvation for ordinary Christians to tithe or financially support their Church and its workers. Personally, I give a tithe of about 3%, since I also have to pay about 10% tax to the national government = a 3% tithe is not burdensome, as per ACTS.15:19-29.
....... OTOH, pastors, missionaries, etc do not need to tithe, instead they collect tithes and gifts to their Church and should be good stewards of God in multiplying the talents(= Church growth).
I do not believe in tithing, but trying my best to help people in need. I agree to this part of Matthew 25 and trying to do that but not to the extend of selling everything to help people.

TSlurkingaround
post Jan 7 2020, 03:08 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

QUOTE(konholio @ Jan 7 2020, 12:14 PM)
I am agree to this version of explanation for Revelation :

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The 2 Youtube videos cannot be played.

konholio
post Jan 7 2020, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(lurkingaround @ Jan 7 2020, 03:08 PM)
The 2 Youtube videos cannot be played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nvVVcYD-0w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpnIrbq2bKo

sorry don't know how to embed. this is the link
TSlurkingaround
post Jan 7 2020, 04:20 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #09

QUOTE(konholio @ Jan 7 2020, 03:35 PM)
The 2nd video teaches that the number or mark of the beast, 666, simply symbolizes Nero Caesar, the then powerful Roman Imperial government/kingdom that persecuted John and his fellow Christians; and by extension, 666 represents all subsequent powerful kingdoms/beast that persecute and rule over Christians, similar to how the Empires of Babylon, Persia and Greece had persecuted the Jews.

The problem with this teaching is that from the 15th to the 20th century, the powerful Christian Holy Roman Empire in Europe persecuted and colonized nearly the whole of the Third World, eg the Roman Catholic Popes encouraged the Catholic Spanish kings to persecute and colonized the local indigenuous people in the Americas, purportedly to civilize/tame the locals with Christianity and save them from hell at gun-point for their own good = the local indigenuous Aztecs and Mayans who rebelled against the Spanish army/navy were exterminated or became extinct. Similarly for the Red Indians in North America who were persecuted and colonized by Protestants. Even Malaysia and her people(= the Malays) was persecuted and colonized by the Protestant Anglican Imperial British Empire until 1957, post-WW2.
....... Today, we know that such colonization at gun-point was to exploit the local raw/natural resources l8ke spices, gold, silver, tin, rubber, etc = the better-armed and more advanced European colonizers were greedy to make money and get rich.

So, I do not think the number or mark of the beast, 666, simply symbolizes powerful governments of the world which will persecute and rule over Christians. The beast yes but not the mark or number 666.
....... The mark of the beast or 666 is directly related to the buying and selling of stuffs = financial dealings. "The love of money is the root of all evil". The love of money will be Satan's tool to mark his people to join him in eternal hell kingdom/beast.

P S - DAN.7:8 & 24 pointed to a little horn that would arise out of the 10-horned beast(= European colonizers, eg Spain, Portugal, France, Britain, Holland, etc). I believe this little horn is USA, the last world superpower before the 2nd Coming of the Lord/God Jesus Christ to earth. Why.? = because since the 1960s, USA has changed laws and times towards immorality, eg legalized same-sex marriage in 2015; and has begun to persecute/prosecute the Christian saints, eg prosecuted Christian bakers and florists who refused to serve homosexuals in same-sex weddings.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 8 2020, 08:46 PM
TSlurkingaround
post Jan 8 2020, 09:07 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #12

Should Christians "love your neighbor" as in loving first any stranger or any Tom, Dikk and Harry.?

JOHN. 13:34-35 (NKJV) = 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

GALATIANS. 6:10 = 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.

The Lord/God Jesus Christ commanded His apostles and disciples to love one another = love your neighbor as yourself, and not just love any stranger or Tom, Dikk and Harry.
....... "Love your neighbor as yourself" was an Old Testament commandment(LEV.19:18) given to the ancient Jews and for the then Jews, their neighbors were mostly fellow Jews = very few Gentiles or strangers.

Being kind and helpful to good and law-abiding non-disciples/non-Christians or others is different from the above commandment of Jesus to His apostles/disciples to love one another(= fellow Christians), ie the former should only come second or third in priority.

Seems, there are some foolish Christians who go around to first love, support and help strangers or every Tom, Dikk and Harry or really loving their enemies. Maybe they seek to be popular in the world, rather than in the Church.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 15 2020, 07:54 AM
TSlurkingaround
post Jan 9 2020, 05:03 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #13

Today, are miracles, signs and wonders a reflection of true Christians and/or true Church.?

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Oct 4 2019 @ 03:06 PM)
Lets cut out chase, just state any miracles you have done.

MATTHEW.7:21-23 (NKJV) = I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

MATT.12: = The Scribes and Pharisees Ask for a Sign

38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.”

39 But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

2THESS.2:9-11 = 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

JOHN.20:28-31 = 28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

That You May Believe

30 And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

HEBREWS.1 & 2 = God’s Supreme Revelation

1:1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, ...

Do Not Neglect Salvation

2:1 Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. 2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, 3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, 4 God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?

1COR.13:8-13 = 8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

------- -------

I doubt it. From Bible history, miracles, signs and wonders were used by God to attest His prophets, Prophet(= Jesus Christ) and apostles/disciples, not to attest His ordinary people like the ordinary Jews and ordinary Christians. Ordinary Christians do/did not hear directly from God = God did/do not speak directly to ordinary Christians, like how He spoke to Moses and Abraham.
....... Since the time of the apostles/disciples, the gospel of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ alone had already been perfected/established with the needed miracles, signs and wonders, eg the Book of ACTS. Thereafter, there may not be any need for miracles, signs and wonders anymore. Those who seek after miracles, signs and wonders show a lack of faith, ie they need to see to believe.

At EXO.7 - 11, Pharaoh's sorcerers and magicians could mimic the 1st 2 out of the 10 plagues/miracles, signs and wonders wrought by Moses through the Word of God. At ACTS.8:9-13, Simon the sorcerer could also perform miracles to make the people believe that he was from God but he was amazed by seeing the more powerful miracles, signs and wonders wrought by disciple Philip(= false vs true miracles).
....... Hence, ordinary Christians need to be wary about today's miracles, signs and wonders which may be mimicry from Satan(= Anti-Christ) and his false christs/prophets to mislead Christians from the true Christ and true salvation.

????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF0_ysUivxE - Dancing Sun Miracle - Divine Mercy Hills, Philippines - 3,335,905 views - Oct 10, 2013
Over 10,000 devotees witnessed the inexplicable solar phenomenon — truly, a Divine, and Supernatural Manifestation that occurred in El Salvador city, Philippines during Feast Day of the Divine Mercy (Mercy Sunday).

The clouds broke, and from behind the mountains, the sun came out as an opaque disc in the sky. The sun danced, changed colours, spun like a pinwheel, and made a most sensational demonstration.

Many miraculous conversions and healings happened—most importantly, the healing of the human heart.

DIVINE MERCY HILL IN EL SALVADOR, PHILIPPINES IS HOLY GROUND

"It was in the year 2000, The Golden Jubilee Year - when a group of Divine Mercy devotees started to receive visions, messages and instructions from Jesus to start to build the Church of His Mercy." The testimony is told in a pamphlet -- published by the non-profit group Divine Mercy Foundation of Mindanao -- and explains the mystery behind the Divine Mercy Hills shrine.

However the response was not an immediate yes.

"For three straight years the group ignored the Lord's request to build His Church out of fear and worry."

They only had P2,000 pesos (USD $50) in the bank.

"It was an enormous task that the Lord was asking them. They had mixed feelings of doubts and uncertainties how this project, which will be funded from solicitations and donations, will materialize. Their fears and worries even became bigger with with the catastrophic disaster of the Twin Towers in New York USA in 2001."

The narrative continues, "However, God's ways are not man's ways and the Lord rebuked them for their lack of faith with this message, "Why do you doubt? The fact that you have doubts indicate that you do not know your God, as you should. If your prayer life is infiltrated with doubts, you have denied yourself the greatest single avenue of power that your God has made available to you. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Obedience to my commands always bring fulfillment. When I give you instructions, obey immediately and watch My perfect plan unfold in your life."

God won out. "Armed only with deep faith in the Mercy and providence of the Lord and convinced of the urgency of the message" the group, comprised of homemakers and ordinary townsfolk, frantically followed up with years of activity and outreach letting divine intervention miraculously clear the path that was once obscured by doubt and incredulity.

Today, the 50-foot statue of the Divine Mercy Image stands on the hills overlooking the town of El Salvador, now a city, in Misamis Oriental in Mindanao and Macajalar Bay to the east. The red and pale rays in the image are made of stairs that lead up to an inner chamber within the heart of the image where a tabernacle awaits the pilgrim. The image stands like a lighthouse for ships at sea.

The symbolism is intentional. According to the testimony, "It serves as a beacon of hope for weary souls and a fountain of respite for all people."

The little town of El Salvador in Mindanao where the Divine Mercy Hills Shrine is ensconced above a valley has become a magnet for pilgrims and travelers from all over the Philippines and many parts of the world eager to see the wonders of mercy that the Lord has wrought in this remote part of the world. Among them are the faithful who carry out the deeds prayers and words asked in the "Diary: Divine Mercy in My Soul" by Sister Faustina which reads, "I desire that the whole world know my infinite mercy. I desire to grant unimaginable graces to those souls who trust in My mercy." (Diary 687)

"The site would be in this century what Fatima was in its own century according to the Lord," explained Paquita Adaza, the spokesperson for the Divine Mercy Foundation of Mindanao, Inc. and one of the members of the charismatic prayer group that was inspired to carry out the enormous undertaking.

She explained it took their prayer group three years to act but in the end, the numerous signs, encouragement and inspiration from the Lord won out over what seemed insurmountable obstacles of fear, apprehension, lack of money and procrastination to build a shrine in an obscure town in Mindanao.

"True to His words, when the group submitted to God's Holy Will, an endless account of miracles took place, from the discovery of the land, negotiations with lot owners, and finding funds for the purchase of the lots, up to the outpouring of donations for its initial developments and the construction of the P25M-plus, 50-foot statue in only three years."

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 15 2020, 07:55 AM
TSlurkingaround
post Jan 10 2020, 11:24 AM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #14

Should Christians delve on the endless Calvinism vs Arminianism debate, ie on questions about predestination of the elect by God and the sovereignity of God.?

QUOTE(alexkos @ Oct 5 2019 @ 09:22 AM)
Alright, good morning Saturday. So who's ready for some Calvinism dose?

How to contrast 'you didn't choose me, I chose you' (John 15) with 'repent and believe?'

Is salvation the will of God (hence choosing, election), or the will of man (free will to accept or reject Christ)?
QUOTE(azriqii @ Oct 5 2019 @ 10:50 AM)
God predestined you to repent. Justification by faith alone doesn't contradict with a person's repentent. Faith is the gift of God. If God don't elect you, you just can't believe.

They should not.

Discussion on how God works in predestining people, whether the elect or non-elect, may be the profane and idle babblings of those who want to like God or god. It's like them wondering and discussing about how God created and controlled the universe and time which is mostly beyond human comprehension, eg to God, a thousand human years is just a day(can they explain this.?).
...... Christians are to just do their part while God is doing or has done His part wrt the salvation of fallen Man. Why discuss about the things of God which we presently cannot comprehend.? Also, why argue endlessly with "non-elected" atheists.?

Always Keep the Faith

2THESS.2:1-12 (NKJV) = The Great Apostasy

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

DEUT.29:29 = 29 “The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

JOB.38:1-11 = 38 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said:

2 “Who is this who darkens counsel
By words without knowledge?
3 Now prepare yourself like a man;
I will question you, and you shall answer Me.

4 “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements?
Surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
6 To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

8 “Or who shut in the sea with doors,
When it burst forth and issued from the womb;
9 When I made the clouds its garment,
And thick darkness its swaddling band;
10 When I fixed My limit for it,
And set bars and doors;
11 When I said,
‘This far you may come, but no farther,
And here your proud waves must stop!’

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 15 2020, 07:57 AM
TSlurkingaround
post Jan 11 2020, 08:14 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #15

Is God's Law as found in the Old Testament obsolete for New Testament Christians, like Windows 95 is obsolete for computers.?

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Oct 9 2019 @ 04:33 PM)
The whole point of the new covenant is to look away from the OT Law and look to Christ as the anchor point where there is Grace, no more the law.

Look, nobody in here is suggesting that you go ahead and sin. Just give it a rest, it's that part where people put words into my mouth not giving the chance to try to understand what I'm trying to explain.

HEBREWS.8:7-13 (NKJV) = A New Covenant

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

MATT.19:16-22 = Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”

17 So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”

Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

MATT.22:37-40 = 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

_______ _______

No, the OT Law is not obsolete for NT Christians, eg MATT.19:16-22.

No doubt, in the New Covenant we are saved from hell solely by faith in Jesus Christ, and not by the Old Covenant of keeping the Law.
....... Nevertheless, the Word of God above says that in the New Covenant, God would first implant His Law/laws/commandments in the hearts and mind of Jews of the house of Israel. This New Covenant was later extended to the Gentiles.
....... There was no problem with God doing this implantation in the Jews as the Jews became Christians, like the 12 apostles and 108 disciples of Christ, since they were already well-versed with all 613 laws/commandments in Moses Law or God's Law, having learned them from childhood - 2TIM.3:14-17.

But for later Gentile Christian adults brought into the sheepfold by apostle Paul, God would have a problem doing this implantation of His laws in them because most Gentile Christians had formerly led lawless lives from childhood as Gentiles, ie wrt God's Law.
....... So, what did God do with the new Gentile Christians.? At ACTS.15:19-29 & 21:20-25, ROMANS.14:1-4, God liberated them from the burdensome parts of His Law, eg they were exempted from being circumcised, eating kosher/clean foods, keeping Sabbath strictly on Saturday or Sunday, etc. OTOH, God required them to begin their new born-again lives by just keeping 4 simple non-burdensome laws/commandments, ie avoid eating blood, strangled animal sacrifices, foods offered to idols and sexual immorality. Thereafter, they should gradually learn to keep the other non-burdensome or non-essential laws like the 10 Commandments - the spiritual milk of 1COR.3:1-3 for spiritual new-born babies.
....... There is always the danger of new Gentile Christians not growing spiritually or being taken captive by Satan with demonic doctrines like Hyper-Grace, counterfeit miracles, etc - 1TIM.4:1, 2THESS.2:9, 2TIM.3:1. Eg misguided Christians like Martin Luther, the supposed father of the Protestant Reformation, even set aside the 10 Commandments and proceeded to break them(= commit sins) when attacked and tormented by Satan about his salvation = justification by faith and not by the Law(= Satan planted doubts in his heart).

In comparison, most Jewish Christians were born-again as Spirit'ual adults. So, God required them to continue to keep Moses Law or His Law, as many laws as possible, because they were not a burden to them, eg the apostles continued to keep Moses Law, as do today's Messianic Jews. Jewish Christians were not to live like new Gentile Christians = it would be like a dog returning to its vomit, ie to the time of pre-Law Job, Lot and Sodom and Gomorrah.

Ignorance of the Law is no excuse.
Eg Job lived about 400 years before Moses Law was given by God. So, Job was ignorant about EXO.20:5-6 and sinned against God by buying "Prosperity insurance" to cover against his sons' future sins, something which he feared greatly - JOB.1:5 & 3:25. Job suffered for his ignorant sin but he kept the faith = did not lose his salvation. In comparison, his wife probably lost faith and her salvation - JOB.2:9 and 1PETER.3:19 & 4:6.
....... The formerly mostly lawless Gentile Christians converted by apostle Paul, lived about 1500 years after Moses Law. They too were ignorant about most of God's Law and might have ended up similar to Job or his wife, ie suffering for their ignorant sins and kept or lose their faith, thus salvation in Jesus Christ.

Trusting in Jesus Christ saves us from hell (= inherit eternal life in the kingdom of heaven) when we die = resurrection or rapture, then live 1,000 years with Christ(= God-in-the-flesh) on a new earth before finally meeting God in His true form(EZEK.1, REV.4) in His kingdom of heaven.

But before dying and being resurrected or raptured by God, most of us still have to spend many years on this rotten earth. How should we live this life on earth if not by God's Law or His Word which He implants in our mind and hearts through His Holy Spirit(HEBREWS.8:7-13).? Problem is, most of the formerly lawless Gentile Christians are practically empty of God's Law in their mind and hearts. Such Gentile Christians must hear or read God's laws/commandments before God could implant them in their mind and hearts, so that they could be empowered by His Holy Spirit to lead a morally-upright and law-abiding lives of earth = will be blessed by God with a good and long life on earth.
....... It's like a scientist programming his codes(= laws/rules) into his robot, so that it will do what he wants it to do. Without the right program codes, the robot will fail to do as desired by the scientist.

Trusting in Jesus Christ and being born-again of the Spirit alone won't help or guide such spiritual-baby Gentile Christians who lack God's laws in their mind and hearts, to live a morally-upright and word/law-abiding lives on earth. They need to grow Spirit'ually by feeding on the Word/Law = feeding on His flesh = feeding on the Bread of life = partaking the bread and wine of the Holy Communion or Mass.
....... Remember, Jesus Christ is also the Word. To trust Jesus Christ = to also trust the Word. The Word of God is also the Law of God. EPH.6:17 says that the sword of the Spirit is the Word of God = the Holy Spirit of God can't work His power without the Word of God or the Law of God, as is the case with most new and just born-again Gentile Christians. Such Gentile Christians who continue to neglect and ignore God's laws/commandments, as found in the Old Testament, will likely not endure in their faith = lose faith and salvation. Babies are easily killed or die more in numbers compared to adults - same goes for spiritual babies-in-Christ.

In comparison, at JOHN.13:10 , Jesus Christ declared the 11 Jewish Christian apostles as clean = no need for their bodies to be bathed by Him = only needed their feet to be washed by Him. Feet are used for walking on earth = walking in the Spirit on earth = how to live our lives on earth.
....... Most new Gentile Christians need their whole bodies to be bathed and their feet washed clean by the Lord/God Jesus Christ since spiritual babes-in-Christ cannot walk properly in the Spirit.

HEBREWS.5:12-14 = Spiritual Immaturity

12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. 14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1PETER.2:1-3 = Our Inheritance Through Christ’s Blood

2 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious..

1COR.3:1-4 = Sectarianism Is Carnal

3 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; 3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? 4 For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 15 2020, 08:03 AM
TSlurkingaround
post Jan 14 2020, 06:14 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #16

How should new Gentile Christians be guided in their new born-again lives in the Spirit.?

Compare to how the following Christian does so, who seemed to have new revelations from God/Jesus-Christ daily other than what has already been revealed by God in His Bible or Word. - Pentecostal.? Charismatic.?
....... It is as if most new Gentile Christians have instant Spirit'ual maturity, will walk in the Spirit perfectly with little need for the Word of God/Bible, especially the Old Testament. .......
QUOTE(electronictomato @ Oct 29 2019 @ 01:33 PM)
You have to pray to God and ask for his guidance. He will tell you personally through holy spirit how to deal with your sexual lust.
QUOTE(lurkingaround @ Oct 29 2019 @ 02:57 PM)
In effect, you have said so by not providing Scripture or the Word of God to backup what you said about how Christians should deal with immoral sexual lust in their hearts, ie ....

....... So, please provide the Scripture/Word of God to affirm this saying of yours.
QUOTE(electronictomato @ Oct 29 2019 @ 03:09 PM)
Im not a diligent reader, so i cant point which scripture inside the book.

I dont know what youre trying to imply, but as a christian, we believe holy spirit that guide and teach us in all aspects. Btw, you are not christian?
QUOTE(electronictomato @ Oct 29 2019 @ 04:39 PM)
So you are not Christian. No wonder when i talk about holy spirit, u dont seems to understand.

We learn god words through scripture and holy spirit. Just for your information, we are not rigid like certain religion where they follow ancient scripture only.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4842907/+340#bottom

JOHN. (NKJV) = 14:25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

15:26 “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. 27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.

16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

MATT.4:4 = 4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’

HEB.10: = 15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

EPH.6: = 17 ... and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, ....

JOHN.6: = 61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?

63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

Like I said before, most new Gentile Christians are born-again as Spirit'ual babes-in-Christ because they had previously led lawless lives as Gentiles(cf; 2TIM.3:14-17).
....... At ACTS.15:19-29, God has graciously exempted new Gentile Christians(= mostly babes-in-Christ) from the burdensome parts of His Law, eg they can remain uncircumcised and eating unclean foods. The Holy Spirit or God's Spirit says that they should begin their new born-again lives by keeping just 4 simple non-burdensome laws, so as to do well on earth, ie avoid eating blood, food sacrificed to idols, strangled animal sacrifice and sexual immorality. Thereafter, they should gradually learn to keep the other non-burdensome laws of God, so as to do better on earth and not sin ignorantly and end up like Job and his family = get cursed by God with calamities(1COR.5:5 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-17), eg keep the Ten Commandments at EXO.20, etc.

For Jewish Christians, most of whom had previously kept God's Law from childhood as Jews, it was easy for God to implant His Law in their hearts and minds, as per HEB.10, so as for them to continue to do well on earth = gain a good, healthy and long life on earth = avoided suffering the curses of God, but not so for most new Gentile Christians who are not well-versed with God's Law as former Gentiles.

At MATT.18:1-7, the Lord/God Jesus Christ might likely have been warning those who stumbled Spirit'ual children-in-Christ or babes-in-Christ = most new Gentile Christians, and not a literal child, who normally can't understand religious matters, eg by requiring new Gentile Christians to be circumcised, eat kosher/clean foods, stop chain-smoking, stop drinking alcohol daily and to keep other burdensome laws of God like what the Judaizers at GAL.2:9-14 did; or by teaching them to ignore all of God's Law in the Old Testament, including the non-burdensome parts, like how some liberal Christians, like "martianunlimited", who teach that LGBTQism and incest are no longer sins/law-breaking just because times have changed.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 15 2020, 08:06 AM
TSlurkingaround
post Jan 18 2020, 03:31 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #17

Pre-marital sex and young Christian couples who are dating seriously.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4842907/+400 - post #402
QUOTE(prelude23 @ Nov 5 2019 @ 03:35 AM)
Someone pointed me here from my thread.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4860139/+60#

Just wanna share my story and the consequences of sin.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
QUOTE(lurkingaround @ Nov 5 2019 @ 12:24 PM)
Please refer to 1COR.7 for your "diagnosis" from God/Jesus, eg " For it is better to marry than to burn with passion."

4 years in a romantic relationship without sex and/or petting is quite unbearable(especially for the man) and may be a sin against both the young sexually virile partners.

My personal opinion and solution is for such a young committed Christian couple to be Spirit'ually married in front of God, like how Adam was married to Eve, consummate the marriage but practice birth-control, until they can legally and/or financially marry later on = cannot divorce once spiritually married by God = a grave sin to divorce.

In ancient days, eg in the OT and Imperial China, youths were married off by their parents soon after puberty, ie in their mid-teens = no problem of pre-marital sex and sexual sins like yours.  Since the 1950s, society has changed to compel youths to only be able to be married after their 20s, eg educational and financial requirements = problem of pre-marital sex, sexual sins like yours(could not bear with no pre-marital sex) and unmarried teen pregnancies.

So, maybe you should stop feeling guilty about your sexual sin(= sexting) with your divorced lady friend and throw the Bible book of 1COR.7 and GEN.2:24 at your ex-gf. If this does not solve the problem with your ex-gf, then you will just have to move on.

Best of luck, have a good rest and good day.
P S - I knew of a similar story between a young committed Christian couple in a US college. The gf insisted on no pre-marital sex. This was since they got together in high-school = 5 years. So the bf acquiesced.
....... Somehow, the gf ended up losing her virginity to a non-Christian male college mate. Most probably in a drunken college party. So, they broke up and the bf was never the same again afterwards = stayed gf-less, Churchless and single in his 30s was the last I heard of him. The ex-gf probably became Churchless as well, eg married an unbeliever.

Girls get drunk much faster than boys, for the same amount of alcohol consumed because their digestive systems do not efficiently excrete alcohol. Many young gullible girls do not know this, get pushed to drink at parties, became drunk and easily raped or gang-raped.
QUOTE(prelude23 @ Nov 5 2019 @ 05:09 PM)
We are actually not young. I'm 31 and she's 30.

I dont know how should I stop feeling guilty about what I did because the fact is that I did something very wrong.

Is there such practice as spiritually married? Anyway, the two verse you shared doesnt really justify its okay to sexual sin right? How can I share this to her?
QUOTE(lurkingaround @ Nov 5 2019 @ 05:50 PM)
You would not have committed the sexting-sin against your ex-gf if she had not insisted on the no-premarital sex rule or if both of you had gotten Spirit'ually married and consummated. So, the root blame may lie in incorrect Christian teaching that burdens God's young people - whereas, the Lord/God Jesus Christ said that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. 4 to 5 years of no-sex for a committed young Christian legally-unmarried couple is too much of a burden to bear.

Or both of you should have pushed and gotten legally married 3 to 4 years ago = you would not have recently sinned.

Sex between a Spirit'ually married Christian couple is not a sin/evil-deed/law-breaking.

Did we have lawyers and legal marriage papers when Adam married Eve, Abraham married Sarah, Jacob married Rachel, etc.? = they were Spirit'ually married, and not legally married by a local authority.

Today, legal marriage papers is only a requirement by the local authorities for the purpose of inheritance, spousal benefits, legal recognition of offsprings for access to government facilities, etc. If you do not need these purposes of a legal marriage paper, then obeying God/Jesus/the-Spirit is more important than obeying Caesar/government(MATTHEW.22:21) wrt marriage and sex, as per 1COR.7 and GEN.2:24.
------- -------

JOHN.3:5-8 (NKJV) = 5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
JOHN.4:21-26 = 21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

25 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.”

26 Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.”
JOHN.14:25-26 = 25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

_______

You can share this to her by printing the replies on this page and giving it to her to read. Let her decide. If she is not persuaded to reconcile with you and maybe also give up her no-premarital-sex-rule, then you should just let go of her and move on.
....... Maybe take some time out to rest and wallow in your grief/sadness or see a doctor for temporary relief of your insomnia/depression.
QUOTE(prelude23 @ Nov 5 2019 @ 06:23 PM)
But why would she agree to a spiritual marriage if its as important as legally married?
QUOTE(lurkingaround @ Nov 5 2019 @ 06:37 PM)
Spirit'ually married means you are married in front of God, who is Spirit = Omni-present, Omnipotent and Omniscient.

Legally married means you are married in front of a local authority official(= Caesar/government), who could only kill your body but not your soul. God can kill both your body and your soul in hell, eg if you unjustly divorce your wife after being Spirit'ually married to her - MATTHEW.10:28. In comparison, in a legal divorce, the government/Family-courts just force you to give half your assets and/or pay alimony to your ex-wife.

If both the bf and gf are faithful and God-fearing Christians, it is much better for them to be Spirit'ually married than legally married if the former is the only choice due to "unforeseen" circumstances.

Are you a faithful and God-fearing Christian or just a CINO(Christian In Name Only).? Some CINOs go to Church just to get a faithful Christian wife. Other CINOs sell stuffs or for social clubbing.
QUOTE(lurkingaround @ Nov 5 2019 @ 10:20 PM)
@prelude23

Another incorrect Christian teaching is the Roman Catholic Church forbidding her priests to marry = we have many sex-starved Catholic priests pedophiling Catholic boys by taking advantage of them and the RCC has covered up this sexual sin/immorality for years. So, sexual immorality problems can sometimes be blamed on the Church and its incorrect teaching. .......

1TIMOTHY.4:1-5 = The Great Apostasy

4 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
QUOTE(prelude23 @ Nov 6 2019 @ 06:27 AM)
I really hope to repent and to be stronger in faith.

Hate what I am feeling now as a consequences of sin. Lost of appetite, cant sleep, anxious for nothing, feeling depressed and worthless.

I know the ironic saying of you never know God is the best way until he's the only way.
QUOTE(lurkingaround @ Nov 6 2019 @ 11:14AM)
What you are feeling is likely the normal symptoms of a broken heart after 4 years of a lovely and heart-felt romance. If so, it will take time for your broken heart to heal. In effect, you are a very sick person in need of nursing care and "hospital" recuperation = ill in the heart and mind. So, act accordingly, eg reduce your outside activities.

Of course, the fast "cure" for a broken heart is reconciliation with the romance partner. But sometimes, that's not possible.

QUOTE(prelude23 @ Nov 9 2019 @ 08:56 AM)
Why most of the times I feel distanced from God? We keep praying to be obedience and all but really, how do I know what God wants me to do?
By asking such a question shows that the OP, ie "prelude23", is a just born-again Spirit'ual-baby Gentile Christian who needs to feed on the Word of God for quite some time before he can gradually grow into a Spirit'ual-adult. This is also the reason he is in deep depression and sleeplessness over his failed romantic relationship.

He should have heeded the advice of the Word of God at 1COR.7:7-8 to remain single/unmarried as when he converted or came into newfound faith/belief in Jesus Christ.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 18 2020, 08:25 PM
TSlurkingaround
post Jan 27 2020, 03:18 PM

Enthusiast
771 posts

Issue #18

Why so few are saved from hell = many are not saved.?

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/aaron-rodgers-interview-religion/ - Aaron Rodgers Rips Christianity, Religion in Podcast Interview - Patrick Pinak, January 23, 2020
     “I don’t think it’s very welcoming — religion can be a crutch. It can be something that people have to have to make themselves feel better. And because it’s sort of binary, it’s us and them. It’s saved and unsaved. It’s heaven and hell. It’s enlightened and heathen. It’s holy and righteous and sinner and filthy. I think that makes a lot of people feel better about themselves. They say, ‘Oh, I’ve got Jesus and I’m saved and I’m going to heaven and there’s only 144,000 of us going even though there’s seven billion people on the planet. I don’t know how you can believe in a god who wants to condemn most of the planet to a fiery hell. Like what type of loving, sensitive, omnipresent, omnipotent being wants to condemn most of his beautiful creation to a fiery hell at the end of all this?”

— Aaron Rodgers

GENESIS.6: (NKJV) = 5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

MATT.7: = 13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

JOHN.3: =18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

Since the Fall of Adam and Eve, humans have inborn evil/satanic traits as described by God at GENESIS.6:5-7. This prompted God to destroy thousands of people in the Great Flood of Noah about 3,500 years ago.
....... God will do the same again to destroy millions of people in the coming Great Tribulations or Apocalypse or Doomsday when the Lord/God Jesus Christ returns to this rotten earth in judgment = He will create a new earth for those few people of His - MATT.24:15-44, REVELATION.6 & 7 & 21:1, 1THESS.4:16-17.

As per JOHN.3:18-21, the many who will not be saved from hell are those who like to commit sins/evil/law-breaking and approve of those who are sin-prone like them - ROMANS.1:18-2:13, 1COR.6:9-11, GAL.5:19-21, REV.22:12-17.

The 144,000 mentioned by Aaron Rodgers is just a symbolic figure to represent the small remnant of Jews who will be saved from hell by 2 powerful witnesses/prophets(= Enoch and Elijah who did not die.?) sent by God just before the return of Jesus Christ to earth - REV.14:1 & 11:1-10.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 27 2020, 03:22 PM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0378sec    11.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th January 2020 - 12:46 AM