Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to mirror android phone to android box ?, without mirrorcast build in ?

views

TSMaxieos
post Dec 29 2019, 12:35 AM, updated 5y ago

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

I am not sure whether i should post here since it's related with apps but hope to get more reply compare to android thread.

How do I mirror an android phone to an android box ? Using samsung phone j5 which does not have mirrorcast option.
As I know using sidesync on samsung device to PC.Both need to install apk and .exe programs in pc to get it work.

But how to mirror to an android box using a phone which doesn't have mirrorcast function ? the teamviewer is to control the android box not mirror.
This apps apowermirro not working https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...owersoft.mirror

Suggest an apps which can mirror on both phone through a router network ? prefer an offline mirror ?
                Internet
                    |
                    X<----Not connected to internet / offline mode.
                    |
                Router
                    |
  __________|____________
  |                                      |
Samsung J5 > mirror > Android box
TSMaxieos
post Dec 29 2019, 10:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

Waiting for solution today.
acbc
post Dec 29 2019, 10:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,475 posts

Chromecast + File Exporer + VLC
TSMaxieos
post Dec 30 2019, 08:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Dec 29 2019, 10:42 PM)
Chromecast + File Exporer + VLC
Chromecast not working since device doesn't have cast hardware system ready and the chromecast support device didn't list out the device galaxy j support.
File explorer ? vlc ?
Just want to mirror youtube and play on tv or facebook to increase the size when viewing photo on a tv via android box since the tv is not smart t.v.
TSMaxieos
post Dec 31 2019, 12:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

Any reply ? previously asked about samsung sync but now I ask on android to android
TSMaxieos
post Jan 4 2020, 08:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

Still waiting for reply.why there is no app which mirror an android to another android using Wifi without through a network ?

Just like I clone a screen to other computer via a software through wifi network.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14K86cq3coU
TSMaxieos
post Jan 6 2020, 11:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

No application for it ? already a week asking
TSMaxieos
post Jan 10 2020, 12:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

Still waiting for someone who know any apps.
jjay666
post Jan 10 2020, 12:41 AM

Getting Started
100 posts

Can probably try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...ast.dcast&hl=en with external dlna receiver ?
TSMaxieos
post Jan 17 2020, 06:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(jjay666 @ Jan 10 2020, 12:41 AM)
Can probably try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...ast.dcast&hl=en with external dlna receiver ?
Tested , it doesn't as mirror screen since the phone itself doesn't support mirroring.
The best solution i can find is remote connection from Android box to phone rather than casing phone to android box.

I am still finding any apps which can do screen mirror over wifi without going through the internet.
TSMaxieos
post Feb 9 2020, 11:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

A month without any reply ? is it so hard to find an apps which mirror through the network ?
TSMaxieos
post Feb 17 2020, 11:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

One week still waiting for reply sad.gif
junclj
post Feb 20 2020, 04:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

lol haha, of course nobody know how to mirror to android tv box without the thing mirrorcast build-in. You need a tool such like anycast dongle and plug into the hdmi on your TV but not the android tv box.

You cannot mirror your phone to the tv box like that way. Most smart TV nowadays are actually supporting chromecast. When I press on the chromecast logo during i'm watching Youtube then it will automatic mirror cast to my home smart TV. So no need such anycast dongle anymore unless you are using the old model type TV.
junclj
post Feb 20 2020, 04:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Jan 17 2020, 06:07 AM)
Tested , it doesn't as mirror screen since the phone itself doesn't support mirroring.
The best solution i can find is remote connection from Android box to phone rather than casing phone to android box.

I am still finding any apps which can do screen mirror over wifi without going through the internet.
What phone that you are using? Android version? Usually I'm using this but need to connect to your home wifi router.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...kit.castbrowser

make sure you must have this tool in order to mirror cast your phone to tv
https://shopee.com.my/M9-MiraScreen-Smartph...4622.7300890676

This post has been edited by junclj: Feb 20 2020, 05:04 PM
TSMaxieos
post Mar 5 2020, 07:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Feb 20 2020, 04:56 PM)
lol haha, of course nobody know how to mirror to android tv box without the thing mirrorcast build-in. You need a tool such like anycast dongle and plug into the hdmi on your TV but not the android tv box.

You cannot mirror your phone to the tv box like that way. Most smart TV nowadays are actually supporting chromecast. When I press on the chromecast logo during i'm watching Youtube then it will automatic mirror cast to my home smart TV. So no need such anycast dongle anymore unless you are using the old model type TV.
Not working , I did try on a dongle or smart tv it will not work.
The phone it self doesn't have mirror screen function or smart view.
If the phone doesn't have the build in function there is no other way to either using android box as medium to cast from a phone to the tv.

Simple as if a phone doesn't have a mirror screen function , how to cast ? but in PC we can cast to our tv via network even on old days window xp.
Now phone doesn't comes with mini usb to HDMI/MHL build in.All either with mirror cast or none.

The only way is to connect from a medium to tv.But does anyone know whether can an android box act as medium to convert wifi data screen to tv without going through a internet ? Not using those remote access apps.

QUOTE(junclj @ Feb 20 2020, 04:57 PM)
What phone that you are using? Android version? Usually I'm using this but need to connect to your home wifi router.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...kit.castbrowser

make sure you must have this tool in order to mirror cast your phone to tv
https://shopee.com.my/M9-MiraScreen-Smartph...4622.7300890676
Galaxy J5 v5.There is no build in mirror function screen.Any mirror screen apps will not work.
Even you have all the tools if the phone doesn't have mirror function it'll not work.I am trying to find a way to convert screen data trough network converted and use android box as a medium to connect to TV.

If a remote access is able to do it (teamviewer) why not using android box medium to reverse or act as mirror function ? I hope you understand what I mean.
If those galaxy phone support usb to hdmi , i wouldn't go through all the trouble with mirror screen , or android box.

Anyone able to find out how to do it ?
junclj
post Mar 6 2020, 12:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Mar 5 2020, 07:22 PM)
Not working , I did try on a dongle or smart tv it will not work.
The phone it self doesn't have mirror screen function or smart view.
If the phone doesn't have the build in function there is no other way to either using android box as medium to cast from a phone to the tv.

Simple as if a phone doesn't have a mirror screen function , how to cast ? but in PC we can cast to our tv via network even on old days window xp.
Now phone doesn't comes with mini usb to HDMI/MHL build in.All either with mirror cast or none.

The only way is to connect from a medium to tv.But does anyone know whether can an android box act as medium to convert wifi data screen to tv without going through a internet ? Not using those remote access apps.
Galaxy J5 v5.There is no build in mirror function screen.Any mirror screen apps will not work.
Even you have all the tools if the phone doesn't have mirror function it'll not work.I am trying to find a way to convert screen data trough network converted and use android box as a medium to connect to TV.

If a remote access is able to do it (teamviewer) why not using android box medium to reverse or act as mirror function ? I hope you understand what I mean.
If those galaxy phone support usb to hdmi , i wouldn't go through all the trouble with mirror screen , or android box.

Anyone able to find out how to do it ?
mirrorcast need to depends on your home wifi. If your phone doesn't support, probably you need to re-flash your phone with stock ROM.
TSMaxieos
post Mar 6 2020, 07:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Mar 6 2020, 12:00 PM)
mirrorcast need to depends on your home wifi. If your phone doesn't support, probably you need to re-flash your phone with stock ROM.
If the phone doesn't have mirrorcast function , how does it able to connect with a wifi ? not to mention home wifi ?
like those anycast doesn't require home wifi router modem but chromecast need it only.

The problem is having a phone without a mirrorcast function but in what condition we can covert screencap to cast into the tv ?
example , how android display into our pc using just a usb using VNC remote connection but the different is not using pc as medium but using android box as medium.
Do you actually understand what i mean ?
junclj
post Mar 8 2020, 11:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Mar 6 2020, 07:25 PM)
If the phone doesn't have mirrorcast function , how does it able to connect with a wifi ? not to mention home wifi ?
like those anycast doesn't require home wifi router modem but chromecast need it only.

The problem is having a phone without a mirrorcast function but in what condition we can covert screencap to cast into the tv ?
example , how android display into our pc using just a usb using VNC remote connection but the different is not using pc as medium but using android box as medium.
Do you actually understand what i mean ?
Firstly, you need to buy a Google Chromecast if your home TV is not a smart TV.
https://shopee.com.my/Genuine-GOOGLE-Chrome...04272.514983321

However, if you are now using a smart TV, just ignore it. Let's say for example, mine is LG. So I just need to proceed to LG Content Store to download an app "TV Cast".
user posted image

Now, go to app store (iPhone), play store (android) to download this app "Video & TV Cast". If you are using chromecast, so you need to download the chromecast version. Like me here, I have LG smart TV, so I need to download my LG TV version.
user posted image
user posted image

After done download, make sure both of your phone and chromecast/smart TV are connected to your home router. Start "Video & TV Cast" on your phone, then press on the mirrorcast logo on the top right side. Then check your phone IP address.
user posted image

Now, open your chromecast/smart TV "TV Cast". Then adjust the IP address that showing on your phone.
user posted image

Now tap on the web browser on your phone, then visit any live streaming website that you like to watch. For example, I visit to www.lovetvshow.com
user posted image

Go into the video that you like to watch, then press play button on the bottom.
user posted image

Now, the TV will begin to stream the video from your phone. On your remote control, press OK button to full screen.
user posted image

This post has been edited by junclj: Mar 8 2020, 11:08 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:41 AM