Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Any calisthenics pros here can help me out?

views

TSZyrise5465
post Dec 27 2019, 05:21 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
51 posts

I've been training for static moves like planche, front and back lever for like 6 weeks.

Currently at the plateau state unable to progress further. I can do tuck planche/high hip tuck planche, high hip tuck planche as well as tuck on front and back lever as well, but it seems rather hard to progress to advance tuck.

Initially i do believe i lack of core strength, I've been doing lots of hanging leg raise, dragonflag hold (~10-15sec). At the end of training, Im also using resistance band to aid my training by performing full lever and hold as long as possible. But feel like it is just not progressing at all.

Please help a brother out, and how long does it take for you to master the mentioned static skills?
airiholic
post Dec 27 2019, 11:56 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

Do you get enough rest? Sometimes you need to take a step back to move 2 steps forward
TSZyrise5465
post Dec 28 2019, 04:20 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(airiholic @ Dec 27 2019, 11:56 PM)
Do you get enough rest? Sometimes you need to take a step back to move 2 steps forward
I've notice my forearm is in abit of pain after each straight arm training. I thought it was muscular strain/soreness, but then i google something and seems like its "forearm splint".

I have like 1-2 rest days every week.
airiholic
post Dec 29 2019, 09:07 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

Most likely your tendons/ligaments haven't fully recovered. They recover slower than muscles because they don't get as much blood flow.

Listen to your body. If it's sore, don't train that part. I've suffered all kinds of overused injuries. I used to think that training through pain was badass. now I know it's stupid and a waste of time.

Rest - Training - nutrition
You need all 3. Rest is part of getting stronger

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0107sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:25 PM