Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cycling V37: Road bikes - Recreational/Racing, Average speed 30km/h is so 1786

views

cockerish
post Dec 31 2019, 11:20 AM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

Looks like I made a fucking big mistake.

My wheelset currently has creakingg spokes ( true many times just cannot solve the damn sound). If solve will come back after 3 or 4 ride

Front set carbon the tube housing already got few scarring....this now impacts tube replacement. I had a ride last weekend and replace the tube 2 times until I run out of tube during my ride...when I investigate...apparently the tubes were getting scared by the uneven surface of the rims as they go in

So I decided to buy new wheelset. Got myself new wheelset with depth of 55. Old wheelset was 40.

Thought how bad can the diff be. Now climbing is a little harder..always feel something dragging my bike. Flat and downhill is better. My Strava...not much difference during ride but average speed has increased by 2kmh

Oh well....no point crying over spilled milk. I guess now I have to loose my body weight to counter thjs
cockerish
post Dec 31 2019, 03:20 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Dec 31 2019, 11:24 AM)
how is that a big mistake?
Sufferfest on the hills....sections slower by 30 percent but wattages are higher. In my head...already spend money on the wheels....push harder.

But downhill and flats....these wheels just wants to go go go!
cockerish
post Dec 31 2019, 05:40 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(lilredridinghood @ Dec 31 2019, 03:57 PM)
is the difference really that stark?
Flat and downhill biggest difference..on the flat now I constantly see around 40 to 44kmh on my meter...usually 38 ish.
Downhill also I first time hit 60kmh on the gce downhill after Bukit jelutong climb...usually 54

But it could also be placebo that I know got new rims so more semangat.....will try tomorow and see if I still see the above

But general feeling...I'm less tired on the flat ....once get the tire rolling

Start acceleration take a bit of effort more ...and climbing also more spinning to be done so the wheels rotate

Also this wheelset is about 1.75kg ...my older rims around 1.4kg...both wheelset on ceramic bearings ....the new wheelset just did around 40km ride...hope to run more km so it breaks out n
cockerish
post Dec 31 2019, 06:24 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(dickybird @ Dec 31 2019, 06:21 PM)
Huh?
Hills are always a suffer fest, it's just whether you suffer more or less.

As Greg Lemond said, "It never gets easier, you just go faster."
Congrats on the new high profile wheels. Just a matter of getting used to riding up grades with them.
Unless I'm attempting the Cameron Loop again next year, my Swisside 625s are my wheelset for all parcours.
Extra suffer fest coz I feel something weighing me down....spin spin spin...macam Ada magnet holding can't break through.

Guess need to get my piston upgraded with more rides and less complain.
cockerish
post Jan 1 2020, 12:52 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(lilredridinghood @ Dec 31 2019, 10:19 PM)
Flat 38-44kph

Impressive
Went out on a 70k ride. Immediately saw my Strava..broke some records....but the strange thing...my average power from 160 watts ..today it was 224 watts average.

Double checked both meters ( I have my bryton and Garmin watch). Both showed similar results...plus minus a few km less due to when the GPS signal was lost

I am super impressed right now. Did not know wheelsets contribute to faster speed...but also higher wattage
cockerish
post Jan 1 2020, 04:41 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Jan 1 2020, 03:18 PM)
What wheelset?
Metron 55s
cockerish
post Jan 1 2020, 07:47 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(lilredridinghood @ Jan 1 2020, 07:16 PM)
Power meter?

You being serious?
No use Strava guestimate. That's hell of a diff..I will test again this weekend to make sure it's about there....either my old wheelset was completely shit ie got problem or smoothness issue or changing wheelsets do give significant gains
cockerish
post Jun 6 2021, 09:46 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

Just now I ride around my area. Cannot tahan few day never spin leg. Saw polis man and he smile at me ..I smile back...continue my spin. Did 40km. Feels good mang. Heart rate mencanak after 2 weeks off from bike
cockerish
post Jun 6 2021, 09:56 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(Mywasiim @ Jun 6 2021, 09:52 PM)
where u area, u cycled night time?
From zoo view > dato keramat> ampang > klcc and back

Did not see many cyclist..just some at the taman area
cockerish
post Jun 6 2021, 09:59 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(powerangah @ Jun 6 2021, 09:49 PM)
anyone know where to do good bike fit in Johor area? I recently got an Allez roadbike and after few initial rides of 2hours covering around 40km, my penis become numb. So I've stopped because scared liao. Will bike fit solve my issue or do I need to change saddle too?
Yes bike fit will solve the issue...but prepare to spend money

Few issue with penis numbness based on high chance to low
1) your saddle is incorrect and it's pinching the nerve or limiting blood flow . Need to get right saddle ( your sit bone is sitting on saddle instead of nerve sitting on saddle). May need to get one with a cutout in the middle and tweak fore aft and tilt
2) saddle too high

cockerish
post Jun 6 2021, 10:19 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(powerangah @ Jun 6 2021, 10:03 PM)
Got a quote from cyclelogy JB for RM150, will probably go there once we can cross daerah. I feel like I'm sitting too far forward on the saddle and if I scoot my butt back it's very uncomfortable. I was going to try and adjust the the saddle myself but worried I'll screw it up even more. Any tips for working out if the bike fit is a good one?
What you can do is take a marker and mark existing rail setting. And then adjust saddle backwards to your liking. What saddle you using ?

Some saddles are meant for you to move around like fizik arieone ...some like smp ..is more fixed ( tail end is higher and uncomfortable if you go towards the back)

In practice..saddle is very individual specific thing. Either it works or it don't work. If you try to make it work...expect some form of issues with comfort

Also wear a good bib ...not those 50 ringgit one. If u want cheap...try decathlon bib ( won't last long..max maybe 6 mo before sponge start to flat out)

cockerish
post Jun 7 2021, 08:58 AM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(Mywasiim @ Jun 7 2021, 08:50 AM)
u living in Melawati?
Live in zoo view bro. Nearby zoo negara
cockerish
post Jun 20 2021, 12:49 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

It's normal. The problem is you fit it on a valve that is not 6 o'clock.

If your valve is 3 or 9 or whatever, the rubber hos and weight will make the head clap bend a little bit. So it will bend the valve core.

Take a pliers or something and bend it back to shape and scrw it back

Always pam with the valve facing 6 o clock position
cockerish
post Aug 7 2021, 07:01 AM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(terence8 @ Aug 6 2021, 11:38 PM)
thats great to know! trying to do more research about this brand as i seems kinda underrated. Usually the more common one are like Trek, Specialized, colnago etc
Lappiere is a good brand but the issue is it's a french brand. Even u go France u won't see it there .....low profile.

They had an aero frame...can't recall what was the model...look futuristic but it was heavy ...few years ago

As a daily bike ..I think it's good and reasonably priced bike
cockerish
post Aug 7 2021, 01:02 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(terence8 @ Aug 7 2021, 10:53 AM)
haha indeed, but what is an issue being a french brand? french are bad in biking? lol..

i agree with the low profile, and it will surely affect the resell value too. its like buying a renault car.
Kind off....but I like thier seat stay design that decouple from the seat tube on the xelius models .it's quite flexible that makes it comfortable....if you have tried ....it's almost cervelo level of comfort of the r series ( witb the super thin seat stays)

And the design is something else..no other bike manufacturer has it though...
cockerish
post Aug 10 2021, 07:04 AM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

So everyone ready for this morning group ride ? Oh wait....lol solo ride on your own pace
cockerish
post Aug 10 2021, 02:50 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

This morning did a ride....quite fair bit of cyclist turn up and It bring me great sadness that people just don't fucking understand the sop

Few large group cycling together drafting close...bodo ke apa ....I told one group off ...practice sop please else cycling gets banned again....they just smile.

What the heck is wrong with people.

Cycle alone right now cannot comply ? So hard ?

Worst no mask nothing. Saw a bunch at the pit stop and sit there tokok no sop.
cockerish
post Aug 11 2021, 06:40 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Aug 11 2021, 05:37 PM)
the desire to have records will become evidence should the authority decides to prosecute.

just because the authorities didnt go dig and saman in the past doesnt mean they wont in future

i rather not post anything
Yea it's very easy ...just select any routes record...and see which idiot cycle today....but cycling alone ok la as long don't cross daera....but the ones like in the screenshot....got 3 people kept pace same time and we're cycling together coz all 4 post on strava same route.

Easily can saman
cockerish
post Sep 2 2021, 10:53 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Sep 2 2021, 10:23 AM)
I think it is also depend on the brand also, if i am not wrong Dura-Ace wheel are tend to have thinner alu brake track than say Fulcrum. My fulcrum racing 1 brake track still good after rode is for 2/3 years when I was still active cycling.

Also i think current carbon wheel on entry level like Windspace seems to be as good as Alu wheels based on what I read on those road bike forum thread even it is wet rides. For me I'm afraid to ride downhill with carbon wheel (unless its tubular wheel due to more robust construction) laugh.gif
I took delivery of a winspace 1500 with thier hyper wheels. All I can say is china has just given better options for mid tier wheels. Winspace rims is superb and solid. It's suprisingly stiff af and yet comfortable unlike my other roval wheel. Prefer to ride it more but I feel that the wheels have very little grease coz the hub is loud af! Will send for service next round and apply more grease

cockerish
post Sep 3 2021, 06:51 PM

12k SP@M Club
All Stars
13,619 posts

QUOTE(Confession @ Sep 3 2021, 04:14 PM)
how's the ride quality of the frame ?
I haven't ridden that many bikes to say which is better...but by far with all the carbon frame bikes I own....I feel the winspace is the most comfortable ( again probably also due to my tires ) it's stiff and fast and eager to go forward.

Downside is probably the seat post clamp is a bitch to fit and sometimes..just sometimes I feel there's something weighting me down on climbs. I am not sure if it's the wheelset too...gotta ride a little bit more to run it in

Overall for the price range and being a tier 2 bike I'd say it's well worth the money spent.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1821sec    0.28    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:52 AM