Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please keep your account's email current. http://lowy.at/chgEmail

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cycling V37: Road bikes - Recreational/Racing, Average speed 30km/h is so 1786

views

vhs1
post Nov 25 2021, 07:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,060 posts

I've been just once, peak at 12%with 6%average which I swear there will be no more next time. Lol
I think I walked & pushed bike on most of the ascent.
I was humming to the tune of, "Hit the road Jack and don't you come back
No more, no more, no more, no more".
radmaszeal
post Nov 26 2021, 09:31 AM

boredom is caused by lack of ignorance
1,546 posts

QUOTE(vhs1 @ Nov 25 2021, 07:31 PM)
I've been just once, peak at 12%with 6%average which I swear there will be no more next time. Lol
I think I walked & pushed bike on most of the ascent.
I was humming to the tune of, "Hit the road Jack and don't you come back
No more, no more, no more, no more".
just need to pace yourself at the less steep bits so you dont die when it hits 11-13% midway until the end lol, @timmitizer made a segment consisting of 5 repeats of mayor lol.
nonexno
post Nov 26 2021, 09:39 AM

On my way
535 posts

QUOTE(radmaszeal @ Nov 25 2021, 04:59 PM)
yeah, used to do abit of over/under and ladder training, maintain watts but vary between 60 to 120rpm for a few minutes each to get used to it. got friend who cant grind, go up mayor tunku dismount halfway once it reaches 11% section lol.
alot of nasi lemak fatties on bikes. quite annoying. mayor is a no go on weekends.

on a side note, slightly before the gate area you can turn right to an uphill dead end. anyone tried? looks painful.

This post has been edited by nonexno: Nov 26 2021, 09:40 AM
radmaszeal
post Nov 26 2021, 09:48 AM

1,546 posts

QUOTE(nonexno @ Nov 26 2021, 09:39 AM)
alot of nasi lemak fatties on bikes. quite annoying. mayor is a no go on weekends.

on a side note, slightly before the gate area you can turn right to an uphill dead end. anyone tried? looks painful.
tried, that was part of the 5x repeat segment lol. was told that the abandoned house at the end of that road was Tun Hussain or Tun Ismail's house. its more of the same, 9-11% for abit before flattening out at the end. that particular abandoned house has a nice view of the other side, kiara bangsar PJ side i think, but used to ride tunku at night so didnt see much. night time less people lol. want less crowds do gasing or kl tower climb also
nonexno
post Nov 26 2021, 09:57 AM

On my way
535 posts

QUOTE(radmaszeal @ Nov 26 2021, 09:48 AM)
tried, that was part of the 5x repeat segment lol. was told that the abandoned house at the end of that road was Tun Hussain or Tun Ismail's house. its more of the same, 9-11% for abit before flattening out at the end. that particular abandoned house has a nice view of the other side, kiara bangsar PJ side i think, but used to ride tunku at night so didnt see much. night time less people lol. want less crowds do gasing or kl tower climb also
i'm a resident climber of somewhere nice and quiet. hehe. can't share too much else it will be packed. but i can get 7 minutes climb.

bukit tunku at night kind of scary.

gasing i feel it's dangerous at night.

Kl tower is too easy.
andrewhtf
post Nov 26 2021, 01:24 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

QUOTE(nonexno @ Nov 26 2021, 09:57 AM)
Kl tower is too easy.
Damn I feel so down now. I actually pushed walk my bike all the way up from the bottom.
nonexno
post Nov 26 2021, 01:34 PM

On my way
535 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Nov 26 2021, 01:24 PM)
Damn I feel so down now. I actually pushed walk my bike all the way up from the bottom.
No shame in that. I was unfit few months back. I stopped and cycled a bit. Stop and cycled a bit all the way up the hill. No shame in it. What is shameful is if you can't get up the hill after months.
radmaszeal
post Nov 26 2021, 02:00 PM

1,546 posts

just train hard, repetition and overload, sure get stronger. get weight down can climb more easily too. I'm hovering around the 45-50mL/kg/min Vo2 range (derived from garmin calculation using power meter), can do most rides and climbs, but usually get dropped on longer rides after 70k lol
geno
post Nov 26 2021, 02:46 PM

46 posts

Look for enjoyment aja, if u dont like climbs then dont pressure urself to do it.. automatically u will be riding more consistent.. its like sorta keystone habit
dickybird
post Nov 26 2021, 05:10 PM

Regular
1,932 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Nov 24 2021, 05:26 PM)
malu weh so many lengluis overtake me and goes out of sight after the 2nd corner. mau pandang backside lama sikit pun tak boleh  sweat.gif
Let them overtake you, best view la
dickybird
post Nov 26 2021, 05:15 PM

Regular
1,932 posts

Chill la
Not the end of the world
Me also getting back into shape
Hate the lactic tang in the thighs at the start of training, but last ride was ended prematurely by a slow puncture of the tubeless tyre.
Me thinks will go back to clinchers and the Hadrons since not going for Cameron loops anytime soon. Just the odd GS climb some time soon.
nonexno
post Yesterday, 01:27 PM

On my way
535 posts

QUOTE(dickybird @ Nov 26 2021, 05:15 PM)
Chill la
Not the end of the world
Me also getting back into shape
Hate the lactic tang in the thighs at the start of training, but last ride was ended prematurely by a slow puncture of the tubeless tyre.
Me thinks will go back to clinchers and the Hadrons since not going for Cameron loops anytime soon. Just the odd GS climb some time soon.
Have you tried heavier but more puncture resistance tires? So far I have been v v v lucky with gatorskin. But haven't been outside city yet. So can grab. Haven't been to gs also.

You train around city too?
dickybird
post Yesterday, 02:19 PM

Regular
1,932 posts

QUOTE(nonexno @ Nov 28 2021, 01:27 PM)
Have you tried heavier but more puncture resistance tires? So far I have been v v v lucky with gatorskin. But haven't been outside city yet. So can grab. Haven't been to gs also.

You train around city too?
I’m lucky in that I’m relatively light and I tend to pick my way through the smoother tarmac and I’m low mileage.
So hardly puncture otr, mainly preventative tube replacement at home when I notice low tyre pressures.
In this recent slow puncture I think it is neglect from not having ride for so long.
As aforementioned, I run race tyres and avoid the heavier endurance tyres.

aquilaTE
post Yesterday, 03:56 PM

Casual
481 posts

Attached Image
Janji still get up there and take photo... whistling.gif

This post has been edited by aquilaTE: Yesterday, 03:57 PM
BadBadtz-Maru
post Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Hi all the sifus, currently I'm riding alloy bike, thinking to change carbon bike, is it carbon bike will totally feel the difference? Or alloy bike with carbon wheelset better?

I reliazed when gradient 2-3% I'm getting slower and other carbon bikes potong me easily, maybe my legs not strong enough tongue.gif
andrewhtf
post Yesterday, 05:08 PM

Regular
1,567 posts

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Nov 28 2021, 03:56 PM)
Attached Image
Janji still get up there and take photo...  whistling.gif
Haha cold hard proof with so many eyewitnesses
aquilaTE
post Yesterday, 07:01 PM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Nov 28 2021, 05:08 PM)
Haha cold hard proof with so many eyewitnesses
Janji have fun mah in a group... legs can still be upgraded eventually... cool2.gif
benbeaninc
post Yesterday, 08:37 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(BadBadtz-Maru @ Nov 28 2021, 04:41 PM)
Hi all the sifus, currently I'm riding alloy bike, thinking to change carbon bike, is it carbon bike will totally feel the difference? Or alloy bike with carbon wheelset better?

I reliazed when gradient 2-3% I'm getting slower and other carbon bikes potong me easily, maybe my legs not strong enough tongue.gif
yes carbon bike can feel the difference.
but in the end it is all about ur leg power... if you are strong, any bike also can pawn ppl
benbeaninc
post Yesterday, 08:41 PM

39 posts

user posted image

user posted image

anybody interested in 7AM jersey?

Limited released. Only 50 pieces!!!
PO yours at the link below:
https://forms.gle/KZiTWaMT2TDpFyKe6
Size range from Xxs -xl

Can check out other colors at their shopee:
https://shopee.com.my/lawhachoo80?smtt=0.0.9