Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

339 Pages « < 334 335 336 337 338 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cycling V37: Road bikes - Recreational/Racing, Average speed 30km/h is so 1786

views

aquilaTE
post Jun 7 2021, 01:12 PM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(Blackblade0303 @ Jun 7 2021, 12:51 PM)
user posted image

TRS Road Bike 27-27.. I saw a few on used market, selling around 1.3-1.7k... Good deals guys?
https://www.facebook.com/kscycleonline/post...66293776826203/

Seems like new is at 1.3K...

Blackblade0303
post Jun 7 2021, 02:01 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Jun 7 2021, 01:12 PM)
Damn… all price jacked up during MCO.. and I thought now is the best time to buy a used bike 😂
minizian
post Jun 7 2021, 04:29 PM

Enthusiast
881 posts

QUOTE(Blackblade0303 @ Jun 7 2021, 02:01 PM)
Damn… all price jacked up during MCO.. and I thought now is the best time to buy a used bike 😂
Problem is that those used bike seller are also trying to cash in by selling the bike close to the retail price at the time of their purchase (usually they will get some discount when they serious in buying in LBS) due to current stock shortage. Saw some of used bike that are current model year are selling same as retail due to that model being hot and there not much around for sale.

Gotta do your research instead of blindly buying off those used bike. Saw some seller in FB trying to see off their bike at dreaming/unrealistic price rclxub.gif

Something like IT shop trying to sell off used/Refurb PC and Laptop at price significantly higher than pre-covid as the result of the sudden in demand.

This post has been edited by minizian: Jun 7 2021, 04:40 PM
Justin.Loong
post Jun 8 2021, 03:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,355 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ May 28 2021, 05:02 PM)
probaby.  i know some Giro branded with sneaker look.

anyway lately i cycle with sandals more lol
user posted image
Justin.Loong
post Jun 8 2021, 03:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,355 posts

QUOTE(tcb2010 @ May 30 2021, 11:06 PM)
Ah Chat,

U mentioned single speed bike ( ride on road), i presume your not riding a road bike.

Fixie or probably a single speed foldie/velo perhaps?

If ur mainly riding town areas, stop a lot and walk around a lot doing your thing..then stick to ur mtb cleat kind of shoes.
I didn't say MTB shoes specifically, but there are touring shoes that based on MTB cleats. Such as from Shimano range, and quite a few actually.
These shoes are normally comfy, not built like tank as MTB shoes, and great for walking and cycling. 

I have been using both platform for a long while for my roadies, foldies and velos..all on roads , long distances and short commutes like you.

Since ur not doing road biking on a roadbike, a road shoe, with its road cleats ..u will be complaining and cursing in no time, for the kind of ride u are now.
Walking around with a dedicated roadie shoe isn't exactly fun or comfortable.
+1 with the bolded. nod.gif
I was using this MT44 before. Very comfy for walking and on bike. Feels like wearing a sneaker. Slightly heavier than "normal" cycling shoes.
user posted image
As the MTB cleats are recessed, it lasts forever. biggrin.gif
tcb2010
post Jun 8 2021, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jun 8 2021, 03:57 PM)
+1 with the bolded.  nod.gif
I was using this MT44 before. Very comfy for walking and on bike. Feels like wearing a sneaker. Slightly heavier than "normal" cycling shoes. 
user posted image
As the MTB cleats are recessed, it lasts forever.  biggrin.gif
Good recommedation..these are the shoes im referring to, but just can't recall the models...Shimano has the most range.
Also check out Shimano RT4 / RT5..more roadie like but with MTB cleats..perfect casual ride shoes...tho kinda overpriced now.

GIRO also has a few models.
Justin.Loong
post Jun 11 2021, 11:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,355 posts

QUOTE(tcb2010 @ Jun 8 2021, 09:29 PM)
Good recommedation..these are the shoes im referring to, but just can't recall the models...Shimano has the most range.
Also check out Shimano RT4 / RT5..more roadie like but with MTB cleats..perfect casual ride shoes...tho kinda overpriced now.

GIRO also has a few models.
Thanks for the info! Found a pair in BBS. biggrin.gif
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Justin.Loong
post Jun 11 2021, 12:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,355 posts

A cyclist who punched a lorry driver after the latter confronted him with a flask on the road was fined $5,600 on Thursday (10 June).

Jeffery Todd Martin, a 57-year-old Canadian, was caught in a widely shared video punching lorry driver Zhang Ping, who fell along Jalan Eunos.
Martin pleaded guilty to one count of causing hurt to Zhang, a 34-year-old Chinese national, and one count of riding his bicycle in a disorderly manner without regard to safety of others.

Zhang was dealt with separately, according to court documents, which did not state his punishment.

Martin, a Singapore permanent resident, was cycling ahead of Zhang on the extreme left lane along Jalan Eunos on 24 February 2019. Zhang caught up with Martin and overtook him from the right.

At about 10.23am, as Zhang was passing Jalan Awang, Martin overtook him from the right side and cut in front. Martin turned around and pointed at Zhang as he overtook him. He continued cycling directly in front of Zhang and stopped in the middle of the lane. This forced Zhang to stop his lorry despite the moving traffic.

Martin alighted from his bicycle as Zhang turned his lorry right. He hit Zhang’s driver window and shouted vulgarities.

The Canadian also shouted at Zhang through the passenger window, prompting Zhang to make a sharp left turn with his lorry towards Martin. The latter picked up his bicycle and took a few steps backwards to avoid the lorry.

Martin placed his bicycle at a nearby grass patch while Zhang alighted from his lorry and followed Martin with an orange water flask in hand. Zhang stood in front of Martin and gesticulated in the direction of his lorry, but without warning, Martin punched the right side of Zhang’s mouth.
user posted image
The force caused Zhang to fall backwards on the road of Jalan Eunos. Martin then retrieved his bicycle and continued cycling along Jalan Eunos in the direction of Still Road.

A resident living in the vicinity attended to Zhang, who moved to sit on the pavement as he felt dizzy.
Zhang was later found to have superficial facial lacerations. His medical expenses cost $126, which Zhang’s employer bore. Martin paid full compensation to Zhang’s employer on 21 April.
The acts were captured on Zhang’s in-car camera and by an eyewitness who recorded a video.

Martin had previously fractured his collarbone in a previous incident and thus felt aggrieved when Zhang drove close to him, said Martin’s lawyer Suppiah Thangaveloo. The lawyer highlighted three instances when Zhang came close to hitting Martin, including when Zhang reversed against Martin, and his sudden swing to the left.

Thangaveloo pointed out that his client did not actually confront Zhang any further and took his bicycle to walk off, but Zhang confronted him with a flask. Martin reacted instinctively with a punch before moving off, said the lawyer, who asked for a fine of between $3,000 and $4,000.

Boldnut
post Jun 12 2021, 08:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,041 posts

QUOTE(cockerish @ Jun 6 2021, 09:46 PM)
Just now I ride around my area. Cannot tahan few day never spin leg. Saw polis man and he smile at me ..I smile back...continue my spin. Did 40km. Feels good mang. Heart rate mencanak after 2 weeks off from bike

that polis must be nice guy.

I tot cycling not allow even with solo? My fren got stop by polis with a warning even solo.

Mywasiim
post Jun 12 2021, 09:42 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Boldnut @ Jun 12 2021, 08:53 AM)
that polis must be nice guy.

I tot cycling not allow even with solo? My fren got stop by polis with a warning even solo.
actually disallowed to cycling....

ragecat
post Jun 12 2021, 02:53 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

Hi sifus, can anyone recommend a value for money trainer for Zwift? I just ordered a Wahoo Speed Cadence sensor which should enable me to get a dumb trainer?

My budget is about RM500 for the trainer, excluding the adapter for a 12/142 thru axle disc bike (BMC Teammachine ALR 2 Disc). Thank you very much in advance!
benbeaninc
post Jun 14 2021, 09:22 AM

39 posts

QUOTE(ragecat @ Jun 12 2021, 02:53 PM)
Hi sifus, can anyone recommend a value for money trainer for Zwift? I just ordered a Wahoo Speed Cadence sensor which should enable me to get a dumb trainer?

My budget is about RM500 for the trainer, excluding the adapter for a 12/142 thru axle disc bike (BMC Teammachine ALR 2 Disc). Thank you very much in advance!
depends on how realistic u wan ...
IMO better have a power data included in ur setup.

Options:
1) get a smart trainer (build in power meter) - RM1.5k ish by thinkrider
2) basic trainer (rm 300-500) + power meter (1k ish).. this method u can use ur powermeter outdoor when doors are unlocked

of cos u can get a basic trainer and run with speed on zwift...
in my 2 cent, u r just getting a view of the virtual world but not experiencing it, better turn on ur tv and watch while riding.
and follow GCN training utube if u wana train...
yes u save alot also ..subscription cost rm 60ish
Justin.Loong
post Jun 15 2021, 10:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,355 posts

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Source: New Shimano Dura-Ace 12-speed groupset breaks cover at Baloise Belgium Tour
malleus
post Jun 15 2021, 11:10 AM

Regular
1,824 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jun 15 2021, 10:30 AM)
Hopefully means existing stock on DA11 speed will be on clearance soon smile.gif

minizian
post Jun 15 2021, 11:18 AM

Enthusiast
881 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ Jun 15 2021, 11:10 AM)
Hopefully means existing stock on DA11 speed will be on clearance soon smile.gif
Does current DA (both mech and di2) easy to get hold in view of the current shortage?

I imagine new 12 speed means new hub and standards for sure.

This post has been edited by minizian: Jun 15 2021, 11:19 AM
malleus
post Jun 15 2021, 11:27 AM

Regular
1,824 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Jun 15 2021, 11:18 AM)
Does current DA (both mech and di2) easy to get hold in view of the current shortage?

I imagine new 12 speed means new hub and standards for sure.
yeah, unfortunately shortages is always an issue for the more popular brands like Shimano.

won't know about new hub until more details are released. Campy did manage to use back the same hubs for their 12s though.
malaozhai
post Jun 15 2021, 11:30 AM

21 posts

how do i convert my 10 year old bike frame to internal cabling frame?
minizian
post Jun 15 2021, 11:40 AM

Enthusiast
881 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ Jun 15 2021, 11:27 AM)
yeah, unfortunately shortages is always an issue for the more popular brands like Shimano.

won't know about new hub until more details are released. Campy did manage to use back the same hubs for their 12s though.
Always itching to try Campag (their mid range stuff), but not sure how does it compare to the like of Shimano or Mechanical Sram (their old parts damn hard to find for sure)

QUOTE(malaozhai @ Jun 15 2021, 11:30 AM)
how do i convert my 10 year old bike frame to internal cabling frame?
Not sure by drilling it will it be detrimental to frame integrity since the frame itself is not build for internal cabling.

Also, you need to consider how to the cabling guide internally too

Also, you did not mention if it is metal (aluminium or steel) or carbon frame.

If i were you, i rather let it be stock. For me more external cabling is the best for shifting other than extra maintenance on cable due to being exposed to the element. No need to worry about cable being bengkok and stuff.

This post has been edited by minizian: Jun 15 2021, 11:45 AM
malleus
post Jun 15 2021, 12:04 PM

Regular
1,824 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Jun 15 2021, 11:40 AM)
Always itching to try Campag (their mid range stuff), but not sure how does it compare to the like of Shimano or Mechanical Sram (their old parts damn hard to find for sure)
Chorus is a one to start with. The precision is better than my DA9000, although DA is definitely smoother. And once you get the tuning done, it almost never runs. Used my Chorus for years too, with very minimal wear on the cassette, but that's also assuming you clean your chain regularly and not have road grime on the chain wear down the chain rings and cassette.

I like it best for the precision and the tuning not running. The main annoyance is most times there's only 172.5 cranks available. 170 can be harder to find.
minizian
post Jun 15 2021, 12:19 PM

Enthusiast
881 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ Jun 15 2021, 12:04 PM)
Chorus is a one to start with. The precision is better than my DA9000, although DA is definitely smoother. And once you get the tuning done, it almost never runs. Used my Chorus for years too, with very minimal wear on the cassette, but that's also assuming you clean your chain regularly and not have road grime on the chain wear down the chain rings and cassette.

I like it best for the precision and the tuning not running. The main annoyance is most times there's only 172.5 cranks available. 170 can be harder to find.
Oh yes, I am actually aiming at chorus since i dont see the point for Record or Super Record other than looking good in group/cafe stop/cool points with ride mates.

Notice campagnolo only have minimium 170mm crank and never offered 165mm. Since I am running 165mm on my current bike (not to say i cannot run 170mm but it is preferably on 165mm crank)

339 Pages « < 334 335 336 337 338 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0251sec    1.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd August 2021 - 11:54 AM