Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

60 Pages « < 57 58 59 60 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cycling V37: Road bikes - Recreational/Racing, Average speed 30km/h is so 1786

views

Justin.Loong
post May 7 2021, 04:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(thefryingfox @ May 7 2021, 02:18 PM)
Actually who is this guy to say can or cannot and that's on freaking Twitter....dafuk is this govt ....using Twitter for formal decision?

Justin.Loong
post May 11 2021, 03:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ May 11 2021, 03:44 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

By the way, this new mco still means can exercise individually right rclxub.gif
Can! nod.gif
You can cycle in your daerah.
Justin.Loong
post May 24 2021, 05:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(radmaszeal @ May 24 2021, 04:53 PM)

found out from FB group @leinnz passed away earlier today, RIP and condolences to the family  cry.gif  bye.gif

no confirmation of cause of death though
Do you know what he passed away from?

Because there was a video shared in Whatsapp last week of a guy who was cycling on a roadbike collapsing at the side of the road in front of a guardhouse (can see the boom gate). Might it be the same person?
Justin.Loong
post May 24 2021, 05:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ May 24 2021, 05:40 PM)
you can go faster with clips, for efficient power transfer.

but for recreational longkai kind of ride, normal shoe is still more convenient
Correct on the above. nod.gif
I've seen on numerous occasion people cycling up Genting Peras using jogging shoes. Some of them were even faster than those wearing clipless. lol... biggrin.gif lol.gif grin.gif
user posted image
gambar sekadar hiasan
Justin.Loong
post May 27 2021, 11:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ May 27 2021, 09:34 AM)
I went to KSH TTDI. Surprisingly the prices are very affordable even for road bikes for beginners, starting around RM3K, which surprised me cause I expected to start around RM5K or so.

In my case, since I'm just cycling leisurely and will be sharing with my mom who is in her 60s. They suggested that I take MTB (also affordable and cheap) since it's more stable and I don't want my mom to fall later incase she runs over some sand and stones or water or just slippery areas. Overall satisfied with their services. Maybe in the future, I will get a road bike personally cause it's so lightweight! (tested one).
Thank you for the recommendations!
No drillz?
Justin.Loong
post Jun 8 2021, 03:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ May 28 2021, 05:02 PM)
probaby.  i know some Giro branded with sneaker look.

anyway lately i cycle with sandals more lol
user posted image
Justin.Loong
post Jun 8 2021, 03:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(tcb2010 @ May 30 2021, 11:06 PM)
Ah Chat,

U mentioned single speed bike ( ride on road), i presume your not riding a road bike.

Fixie or probably a single speed foldie/velo perhaps?

If ur mainly riding town areas, stop a lot and walk around a lot doing your thing..then stick to ur mtb cleat kind of shoes.
I didn't say MTB shoes specifically, but there are touring shoes that based on MTB cleats. Such as from Shimano range, and quite a few actually.
These shoes are normally comfy, not built like tank as MTB shoes, and great for walking and cycling. 

I have been using both platform for a long while for my roadies, foldies and velos..all on roads , long distances and short commutes like you.

Since ur not doing road biking on a roadbike, a road shoe, with its road cleats ..u will be complaining and cursing in no time, for the kind of ride u are now.
Walking around with a dedicated roadie shoe isn't exactly fun or comfortable.
+1 with the bolded. nod.gif
I was using this MT44 before. Very comfy for walking and on bike. Feels like wearing a sneaker. Slightly heavier than "normal" cycling shoes.
user posted image
As the MTB cleats are recessed, it lasts forever. biggrin.gif
Justin.Loong
post Jun 11 2021, 11:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(tcb2010 @ Jun 8 2021, 09:29 PM)
Good recommedation..these are the shoes im referring to, but just can't recall the models...Shimano has the most range.
Also check out Shimano RT4 / RT5..more roadie like but with MTB cleats..perfect casual ride shoes...tho kinda overpriced now.

GIRO also has a few models.
Thanks for the info! Found a pair in BBS. biggrin.gif
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Justin.Loong
post Jun 11 2021, 12:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

A cyclist who punched a lorry driver after the latter confronted him with a flask on the road was fined $5,600 on Thursday (10 June).

Jeffery Todd Martin, a 57-year-old Canadian, was caught in a widely shared video punching lorry driver Zhang Ping, who fell along Jalan Eunos.
Martin pleaded guilty to one count of causing hurt to Zhang, a 34-year-old Chinese national, and one count of riding his bicycle in a disorderly manner without regard to safety of others.

Zhang was dealt with separately, according to court documents, which did not state his punishment.

Martin, a Singapore permanent resident, was cycling ahead of Zhang on the extreme left lane along Jalan Eunos on 24 February 2019. Zhang caught up with Martin and overtook him from the right.

At about 10.23am, as Zhang was passing Jalan Awang, Martin overtook him from the right side and cut in front. Martin turned around and pointed at Zhang as he overtook him. He continued cycling directly in front of Zhang and stopped in the middle of the lane. This forced Zhang to stop his lorry despite the moving traffic.

Martin alighted from his bicycle as Zhang turned his lorry right. He hit Zhang’s driver window and shouted vulgarities.

The Canadian also shouted at Zhang through the passenger window, prompting Zhang to make a sharp left turn with his lorry towards Martin. The latter picked up his bicycle and took a few steps backwards to avoid the lorry.

Martin placed his bicycle at a nearby grass patch while Zhang alighted from his lorry and followed Martin with an orange water flask in hand. Zhang stood in front of Martin and gesticulated in the direction of his lorry, but without warning, Martin punched the right side of Zhang’s mouth.
user posted image
The force caused Zhang to fall backwards on the road of Jalan Eunos. Martin then retrieved his bicycle and continued cycling along Jalan Eunos in the direction of Still Road.

A resident living in the vicinity attended to Zhang, who moved to sit on the pavement as he felt dizzy.
Zhang was later found to have superficial facial lacerations. His medical expenses cost $126, which Zhang’s employer bore. Martin paid full compensation to Zhang’s employer on 21 April.
The acts were captured on Zhang’s in-car camera and by an eyewitness who recorded a video.

Martin had previously fractured his collarbone in a previous incident and thus felt aggrieved when Zhang drove close to him, said Martin’s lawyer Suppiah Thangaveloo. The lawyer highlighted three instances when Zhang came close to hitting Martin, including when Zhang reversed against Martin, and his sudden swing to the left.

Thangaveloo pointed out that his client did not actually confront Zhang any further and took his bicycle to walk off, but Zhang confronted him with a flask. Martin reacted instinctively with a punch before moving off, said the lawyer, who asked for a fine of between $3,000 and $4,000.

Justin.Loong
post Jun 15 2021, 10:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Source: New Shimano Dura-Ace 12-speed groupset breaks cover at Baloise Belgium Tour
Justin.Loong
post Jun 15 2021, 01:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ Jun 15 2021, 11:10 AM)
Hopefully means existing stock on DA11 speed will be on clearance soon smile.gif
I'm also hoping like this but I don't think so. cry.gif
Justin.Loong
post Jun 25 2021, 03:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

user posted image
Can't wait for TDF! flex.gif rclxm9.gif icon_idea.gif

user posted image
Justin.Loong
post Jun 29 2021, 12:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(vhs1 @ Jun 26 2021, 10:19 PM)
. The yellow jacket lady with the placard. Big crash!
user posted image
I hope the authorities will manage to identify and catch her. Idiot. vmad.gif mad.gif ranting.gif
Justin.Loong
post Jun 29 2021, 12:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(vhs1 @ Jun 26 2021, 11:07 PM)
Aduh! 2nd big crash! At 6km to finish
Caleb Ewan also crashed and broke his collarbone. cry.gif bye.gif sad.gif
user posted image

user posted image
Justin.Loong
post Jul 6 2021, 02:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(jaykay4540 @ Jul 3 2021, 04:01 AM)
did you just assumed he/she/they/them/we/us gender?
As reported in media "her" or "she". So I just go with that. rolleyes.gif
TBH, I really don't care what's that person's gender orientation is. whistling.gif

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Jul 3 2021, 02:37 PM)
I tot it's all out in the news who the person is?

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/30/sport/to...intl/index.html
Yup. nod.gif
The woman who allegedly held out a banner causing the crash of dozens of cyclists during the first stage of the Tour de France last Saturday has been identified and is undergoing police questioning, the Brest prosecutor's office told CNN.

The accident happened 45 kilometers from the finish of the first stage of the race on Saturday -- from Brest to Landerneau -- when a female spectator on the side of the road held up a big sign which caused the pile up.
It's not evident what she meant to say on the sign which said 'ALLEZ OPI-OMI !' in French and German, which translates to 'Go Grandma and Grandpa.'

Justin.Loong
post Jul 19 2021, 12:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(thefryingfox @ Jul 18 2021, 09:07 PM)
So we can cycle since jogging and non contact sport is allowed right ?
QUOTE(talexeh @ Jul 18 2021, 09:24 PM)
Cycling is allowed in PPN phase 2.
IINM, it depends on which state you're living in.
Justin.Loong
post Jul 19 2021, 04:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(BoomerangCircles @ Jul 19 2021, 04:12 PM)
KL can cycling?
Did you check MKN SOP for your area? hmm.gif
Justin.Loong
post Jul 21 2021, 09:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

The National Security Council (NSC) today granted some leeway for certain industries and recreational activities to areas still under Phase One of the National Recovery Plan (NRP).

He also said individual sports like cycling around the neighbourhood is allowed, on condition that cyclists keep a distance of two to three metres from each other.

Source: Now allowed under Phase One recovery: Quarries and mines, cycling around neighbourhood

Upah... drool.gif

Justin.Loong
post Jul 22 2021, 01:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ Jul 22 2021, 01:34 PM)
I'm using the 3T Ergonova, find that it's more comfortable to grip and it don't flex that much too.

Storck handlebars are interesting. I was there when Markus Storck was in KL when the first Storck distributorship was launched, and he was giving a demo on his handlebars. single direction flex. he was putting his full body weight on the handlebars, both up then down, and was also inviting ppl to try it out too. it can flex downwards to help absorb impact, but no flex upwards for when sprinters pull on the handlebars.
hhnngghh... drool.gif sweat.gif wub.gif
user posted image
Justin.Loong
post Today, 03:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,364 posts

Peter Sagan has announced that he will be leaving German team Bora-Hansgrohe at the end of the 2021 season.

Star sprinter Pascal Ackermann, who the squad previously favoured over Sam Bennett, will also be leaving the team.
user posted image

The three-time world champion posted on social media that he will not be extending his contract, thanking the team for helping him achieve some of his biggest goals over the years.

In his Instagram post the Slovakian star said: "Today, I would like to announce that a cycle is closing in my professional career and that I will not renew my contract with Bora-Hansgrohe beyond the end of the 2021 season.

"I would like to express my appreciation to Ralph Denk, Willi Bruckbauer, the team sponsors, all my teammates, and the entire staff of Bora-Hansgrohe for their support and their confidence in me during these five seasons. We have achieved so many things and even in difficult times, we stuck together. I think that we weren't just team-mates, we were part of a big family."

Sagan spent five years with the team after joining them from Tinkoff in 2017. He since went on to be dominant in the sport for the team adding a third successive world title as well as winning Paris-Roubaix and breaking the record for the most point jersey wins at the Tour de France. He also surpassed 100 race wins with Bora-Hansgrohe.

"However," continued Sagan, "after a long and thorough discussion with my own management and under a mutual agreement with Bora-Hansgrohe, we came to the decision that it would be best if my cycle in the team came to a close and that a new chapter opened in my career. Change is part of life and growth.

"I'm sure Bora-Hansgrohe will continue to be successful and I wish them all the best in the coming seasons."

Bora-Hansgrohe have confirmed the departure of both Sagan and Ackermann, saying they did not achieve the expected results in recent seasons.
user posted image

Source: Peter Sagan confirms Bora-Hansgrohe departure at the end of the 2021 season

60 Pages « < 57 58 59 60 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0346sec    0.99    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd August 2021 - 09:10 PM