Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

I dropped my phone many times, GPS / Wifi Signal weaken due to that ?

views

TSSotsotzaii
post Dec 20 2019, 11:21 AM, updated 5y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,216 posts

This is the first for me but recently my iphone GPS was unable to detect, using waze, or even google maps, it just says unable to connect to GPS, approx location etc. And I also realized my wifi signal which used to be full bar at my room, is now around 1 bar in my room, same location, nothing has change, but the signal is weak. I brought it to a phone shop and they told me it's because i dropped my phone many times, hence the wifi / gps signal which is located at the back of my phone, has weaken or spoil, something along the line, and repairing it costs RM 50. Is this true ? Before i send it for repair i would like to ask for more opinions here and advice.
Dr.Drool
post Dec 20 2019, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
220 posts

Try to let the phone repair shop attempt to fix it. I also have problem with my iPhone but on no carrier service. After failing to fix my issue he didn't charge me for it. Try ask the technician whether no charge if failed to fix your problem.
Askzra
post Dec 20 2019, 02:18 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

i think just proceed. it could be when dropped, those small components will get broken due to the shock it received.
Thebestscammer
post Jan 7 2020, 03:44 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

been having lots of issue with GPS after coming back to msia. im very certain its a msia proble. waze always showing no GPS all the time. annoying gila
nonequal
post Jan 7 2020, 04:31 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

I had iPhone 7 back in 2017, drop many times and the GPS started to go haywire. The GPS module and antenna malfunction due to shocks from the fall.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:22 AM