Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Xbox Series X, The next Xbox generation

views

KomradMikhail
post May 13 2022, 12:19 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

There's a good post made on ResetEra that basically explains and demystifying Xbox's DRM and offline mode. I'll link it here.

From the linked post:
Internet personality X said you’re wrong about Y
Corrections are very much welcome! Ask that person specifically what is wrong, what specific situation their correction applies to and steps to reproduce. Post all the details here, I’ll validate and update the post.

Nice. "Internet personality" lol.gif

This post has been edited by KomradMikhail: May 13 2022, 12:25 PM
TongCN
post May 13 2022, 02:23 PM

Look ma, I have lots stars :D
3,986 posts

QUOTE(ben3003 @ May 13 2022, 09:28 AM)
i do not have delay issue as well.

If the passthrough is via Dolby MAT it is okay. if TV set to AUTO, it will be DD or watever, it will delay.

Oh ya, my setup is xbox > C9 > Denon X1600H
Yea, cause C9 already fixed.

Not sure why LG CX & C1 still leftover with this issue sweat.gif
SSJBen
post May 13 2022, 03:22 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,274 posts

QUOTE(TongCN @ May 13 2022, 07:05 AM)
What's your current setup ?
C9 already eliminate the Dolby Atmos delay issue actually through one of the firmware update
But not for C1 & CX.
Dunno what is LG thinking  yawn.gif

Currently i'm using XBSX > LG CX < Samsung Q950T
C9 never had eARC/ARC broken to begin with, since its launch. CX had issues because they decided to change how eARC/ARC works on that, I don't think there's a fix because it's simply the way they redesigned the signal path. Same goes for C1 because it uses the same redesigned signal path as CX.

Pretty sure it'll be the same for C2 as well.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: May 13 2022, 03:23 PM
KomradMikhail
post May 13 2022, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

Looks like not only Starfield.........but a game called Redfall too is delayed to first half of 2023........ cry.gif

user posted image

Pardon my ignorance, but this being my first time hearing about Redfall, I had to check out what it is. Ooooooh, it's an Arkane game.

Co-op. But with option to single play. Importantly, it's Arkane, their past history with good story based games is encouraging.

These two games better be good. 2023 is going to be awesome! .......only the wait is going to be a pain.
TongCN
post May 13 2022, 04:46 PM

3,986 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ May 13 2022, 03:22 PM)
C9 never had eARC/ARC broken to begin with, since its launch. CX had issues because they decided to change how eARC/ARC works on that, I don't think there's a fix because it's simply the way they redesigned the signal path. Same goes for C1 because it uses the same redesigned signal path as CX.

Pretty sure it'll be the same for C2 as well.
If you google LG C9 Audio/Atmos delay then you can see bunch of results.
SSJBen
post May 13 2022, 04:50 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,274 posts

QUOTE(TongCN @ May 13 2022, 04:46 PM)
If you google LG C9 Audio/Atmos delay then you can see bunch of results.
I'm aware. There was a long standing debate about it in AVSForum, but most of them boiled down to something in the audio chain where the user hadn't set up correctly.

I had a C9 3 months after its launch, never had a single issue with ARC and then eventually eARC (after the firmware update got published for my AVR). Just aside from a uGreen "fiber optic" HDMI cable being an nuisance, I think that counts as a hardware issue instead.
KomradMikhail
post May 13 2022, 09:21 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

About time, Atlus, you bloody slowpoke you! Port P5R to Steam so that I can finally stop emulating the PS3 version on RPCS3 on my PC.

Link to the survey: https://p-ch.jp/enquete2022/na

Survey complete, with that intriguing character at the end on video, either they have specific video playing related to the survey, or Atlus can read my mind about wanting Persona 5 on PC. I also commented at the end "Port all your game library to PC (Steam) mostly and Xbox. I'm just a one person in the survey, dunno if it'll make any difference.

This post has been edited by KomradMikhail: May 13 2022, 09:59 PM
KomradMikhail
post May 14 2022, 08:32 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

The next Cyberpunk,..............as in the next messy game like CP2077's launch? cry.gif
KomradMikhail
post May 15 2022, 08:59 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

Awesome that a game of its genre finally gets its due recognition. Sad that its sales get compared against a game like COD. Or rather, sad that the taste of modern "gamers" refers to COD and its sales number as the "benchmark" to compare to.

Probably also helps that 2022 list of AAA games is so thin. Narrows down the available choice and forces/encourages the demographic that gravitates to COD and its ilk to try something new other than stale shooters. But then again, "you can only bring the horse to water trough, you cant force the horse to drink the water".
KomradMikhail
post May 16 2022, 06:44 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

user posted image

Gears or Fable?

Filler titles to fill in the barren emptiness of new games in 2022.
Kahlamx
post May 18 2022, 10:24 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ May 9 2022, 08:27 AM)
Trek to Yumi

Loving it so far, it's a beautiful love letter to Akira Kurosawa

Can't stop playing it, keep on "I'll stop at next shrine" then look at clock and "oh shit, tomorrow this morning back to work liao" laugh.gif

for those can read Chinese but can't understand Japs, I strongly recommend to play it in Chinese, it's a lot more authentic experience compared to English as some are lost in translation.
Just tried it out last night. The monochromatic presentation and the gameplay is nice.

Same, I kept telling myself that I will stop at the next shrine but it is just so addicting.

Anyways, for LG OLED users, did you receive a disclaimer under the "4K TV details" for dolby vision gaming, "Your TV supports 4K 120hz DV gaming but may experience increased input latency when this feature is enabled". This only happened after the recent xbox update I think. There goes my all the green ticks on the 4k details. cry.gif

This post has been edited by Kahlamx: May 18 2022, 10:26 AM
KomradMikhail
post May 19 2022, 08:58 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

This post has been edited by KomradMikhail: May 19 2022, 08:58 AM
TongCN
post May 19 2022, 09:36 AM

3,986 posts

QUOTE(Kahlamx @ May 18 2022, 10:24 AM)
Just tried it out last night. The monochromatic presentation and the gameplay is nice.

Same, I kept telling myself that I will stop at the next shrine but it is just so addicting.

Anyways, for LG OLED users, did you receive a disclaimer under the "4K TV details" for dolby vision gaming, "Your TV supports 4K 120hz DV gaming but may experience increased input latency when this feature is enabled". This only happened after the recent xbox update I think. There goes my all the green ticks on the 4k details.  cry.gif
Yes, i also saw this under my LG CX 65 and LG C1 48 on this msg
munchoong
post May 20 2022, 02:47 PM

Casual
353 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ May 12 2022, 05:33 PM)
Under the lipsync setting for your A3050, is it 0ms and [Auto] enabled? If so, that is what's causing the inconsistent delay. Also post process on the receiver should be set to [Direct].

Side note; A3050 also doesn't support VRR passthrough, so you're playing your XSX without VRR enabled.
Yes, everything set to direct.

Plus have no lipsync issues with other consoles or sources. Only isolated to Series X, and even then only obvious on Halo 5.

Lack of VRR doesn't matter since my LG OLED E6 doesn't support it either.

Almost all games I select Resolution mode over Performance, so most of the time I am playing at 4K30 smile.gif
SSJBen
post May 20 2022, 03:04 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,274 posts

QUOTE(munchoong @ May 20 2022, 02:47 PM)
Yes, everything set to direct.

Plus have no lipsync issues with other consoles or sources. Only isolated to Series X, and even then only obvious on Halo 5.

Lack of VRR doesn't matter since my LG OLED E6 doesn't support it either.

Almost all games I select Resolution mode over Performance, so most of the time I am playing at 4K30 smile.gif
You could try adding a positive to lipsync under your A3050 to something between +6ms to +10ms. It may be a game specific related issue, I don't know because I don't play Halo 5.

But I have encountered 2 games previously that also has lipsync issues and that was Resident Evil 2 and 3 remake, where as all other games didn't have a delay. Later found out it is indeed a game issue because when replaying them on the PC, under its .ini settings there is a hidden lipsync setting that the user can change.

Can't check with Halo 5 since the game files are encrypted under Windows platform.
KomradMikhail
post May 21 2022, 08:34 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

KomradMikhail
post May 21 2022, 02:48 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

user posted image

EA Looking To Sell Or Merge

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! lol.gif

I have no pity for you, EA. You deserve all the misfortunes that comes to you. This is one of those "SCHADENFREUDE" that fills my heart with warmth and happiness. Happiness of someone's ruination.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! lol.gif

This post has been edited by KomradMikhail: May 22 2022, 08:51 AM
KomradMikhail
post May 22 2022, 08:52 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

KomradMikhail
post Yesterday, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

user posted image

Time to replay my favorite assassin trilogy again, Ray Tracing & DLSS update coming (PC only) in less than 24 hours! WOOHOO!

The Paris (fashion show with lasers), Chongqing (rain soaked city at night in neon) and Dubai (Burj Khalifa with reflective surfaces everywhere) mission will never look the same again!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0225sec    0.74    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th May 2022 - 04:29 PM