Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Esim on iPhone

views

TSychwang
post Dec 11 2019, 01:15 AM, updated 5y ago

Little *
4,607 posts

The eSim model iphone could add several profile and set either 1 as active at the same times.

If i format my phone, restore from iCloud backup, will the eSim profile will be restore back? or i need to bring to Service centre add again?
I'm asking this is want to know if reset/format iphone while not in Malaysia what will be happen?

vez
post Dec 11 2019, 08:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,396 posts

QUOTE(ychwang @ Dec 11 2019, 01:15 AM)
The eSim model iphone could add several profile and set either 1 as active at the same times.

If i format my phone, restore from iCloud backup, will the eSim profile will be restore back? or i need to bring to Service centre add again?
I'm asking this is want to know if reset/format iphone while not in Malaysia what will be happen?
when you factory reset, there will be few options for you to choose whether to wipe out your esim profile, choose not smile.gif
TSychwang
post Dec 11 2019, 10:39 AM

Little *
4,607 posts

QUOTE(vez @ Dec 11 2019, 08:09 AM)
when you factory reset, there will be few options for you to choose whether to wipe out your esim profile, choose not smile.gif
thx, so if i bought another new phone, i cant transfer my esim data from old>new phone via icloud backup?

vez
post Dec 11 2019, 10:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,396 posts

QUOTE(ychwang @ Dec 11 2019, 10:39 AM)
thx, so if i bought another new phone, i cant transfer my esim data from old>new phone via icloud backup?
for maxis esim i am using, need to go maxis center to get new esim and scan again (for new device)
but i have used flexiroam esim, i have no issue scanning the same flexiroam esim qr code when i switch from Xs to 11 pro

just wonder how come certain esim can scan again and use some cannot sweat.gif
Soul Seeker
post Dec 12 2019, 12:56 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

Last few months went to AIS in thai to ask , their esim same with maxis. Each time will generate a new qr code to add so need to go back to the center to get a new code when change new phone. Not sure dtac and truemove.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.67    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:13 PM