Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Han Chiang UC VS Xiamen

views

TSMKCL
post Dec 10 2019, 08:24 PM, updated 5y ago

Casual
304 posts

Any alumni from Han Chiang UC ? My sis wanna choose either Chinese Studies from Han Chiang or Chinese Medicine from Xia Men (MY branch). How does Han Chiang's cert fare against the job market ?
Xiamen offers same exact cert with China main campus, so no concerns about that. Both are relatively cheap with tuition fee waiver since my sis most probably get 9-10 A, which is free or almost free for either one

This post has been edited by MKCL: Dec 10 2019, 08:24 PM
iSean
post Dec 11 2019, 08:59 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

Not the right person to give you these advice.
For Chinese Traditional Medicine, only these few university offers these courses: [some ain't]
http://tcm.moh.gov.my/en/index.php/educati...igher-education

For the Chinese Studies, mostly I would say is that see the UC have spotlight any alumni before. and ask from there, what are they doing now.
Solar Calendar
post Feb 12 2020, 02:48 PM

On my way
687 posts

Free Bump.
cnvery
post Feb 14 2020, 12:27 AM

Regular
1,831 posts

Xiamen university is more reputable
nexona88
post Feb 15 2020, 12:19 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,826 posts

Not sure about Han Chiang.. Didn't hear before..
Xiamen looks better & more exposure...
TSMKCL
post Feb 16 2020, 11:19 PM

Casual
304 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Feb 15 2020, 12:19 AM)
Not sure about Han Chiang.. Didn't hear before..
Xiamen looks better & more exposure...
Han Chiang is pretty old and quite famous among students that wish to continue tertiary chinese education on a budget, but previously it was just a college. Poor students likes to go there as education is pretty much free once you got 7A and above for SPM

This post has been edited by MKCL: Feb 17 2020, 11:54 AM
nexona88
post Feb 16 2020, 11:47 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,826 posts

QUOTE(MKCL @ Feb 16 2020, 11:19 PM)
Han Chiang is pretty old and quite famous among students that are wish to continue tertiary chinese education on a budget, but previously it was just a college. Poor students likes to go there as education is pretty much free once you got 7A and above for SPM
ooh..
glad to know..

anyhow in the end which place your sis decided to study?
TSMKCL
post Feb 17 2020, 10:43 AM

Casual
304 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Feb 16 2020, 11:47 PM)
ooh..
glad to know..

anyhow in the end which place your sis decided to study?
Xiamen Uni, although she is still not decisive about it. She is really good in Chinese subjects and interested in Chinese Medicine but worried about whether she can make a living out of it or not. The fact that my dad influence her to pick Chinese Medicine in Xiamen while my mom influence her to pick Chinese language course does not help with the situation.

I just tell her to pick whatever she like and ignore about the job prospects. If you are good enough, you can still find success. Many Chinese Med doctors make a killing out of selling hampers to big factory bosses around my area
nexona88
post Feb 17 2020, 10:51 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,826 posts

QUOTE(MKCL @ Feb 17 2020, 10:43 AM)
Xiamen Uni, although she is still not decisive about it. She is really good in Chinese subjects and interested in Chinese Medicine but worried about whether she can make a living out of it or not. The fact that my dad influence her to pick Chinese Medicine in Xiamen while my mom influence her to pick Chinese language course does not help with the situation.

I just tell her to pick whatever she like and ignore about the job prospects. If you are good enough, you can still find success. Many Chinese Med doctors make a killing out of selling hampers to big factory bosses around my area
Actually speaking both also is okay...
Both have their advantage...
If u work hard & smart.. success is in your hand.. sure can survive...

Many without proper education also can be successful if u have the right attitude & willingness...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0113sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:40 PM