Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Living with in laws

views

RUI
post Dec 29 2019, 11:39 PM

Enthusiast
722 posts

There are ALOT of benefits staying with in-laws

IF both side can leave their useless EGO by the door; learn to be grateful and appreciative. Play the long term game.

I know of people that stays with their parents/in-law while building an estate empire. These unnecessary expenses could be saved if one are willing to share; cash flow in ur early days will make a HUGE difference in ur later life.

Often it's not about what you can afford; it's about not over-compensating for ur puny esteem nor inflating beat-up ego; It's about being WISE by putting resources into better use.

Inb4, I don't expect small brain to understand that.

P.P.S. If u r good at outsourcing certain duties; u might get to keep your Freedom pass.
P.P.P.S U get to leave ur kids with the grandparent while u guys sneak out for quick "escapades". Or stay away and face the music of "I'm tired, not today, really" and repeat. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by RUI: Dec 29 2019, 11:58 PM
SUSrenomahans
post Jan 1 2020, 09:04 AM

On my way
523 posts

I don’t mind but I just have no place to park my darn car

I don’t want to park 200m away
wkc5657
post Jan 2 2020, 01:37 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(renomahans @ Jan 1 2020, 09:04 AM)
I don’t mind but I just have no place to park my darn car

I don’t want to park 200m away
Or would you prefer forking out more than rm2000 per month for the remaining 25 years?
SUSrenomahans
post Jan 2 2020, 03:44 PM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jan 2 2020, 01:37 PM)
Or would you prefer forking out more than rm2000 per month for the remaining 25 years?
Fork out 2k for living with in law or living outside ?
iamsobloodysick
post Jan 25 2020, 11:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,006 posts

I guess my mum is the best in-law in the world. Instead of expecting daughter-in-laws to do house chores and stuff, she does all by herself and more. For sometime she even did the laundry weekly for her son’s future wife who made it clear not gonna stay with future in-laws after marriage. She lived free in my mum’s apartment and sent dirty clothes over until I voiced up. Two years ago I moved out because she delivered a baby and abandoned the pet dog her husband bought to accompany her to my parents. The dog peed everywhere outside of my bedroom and toilet. Every morning my sleep was disturbed by the dog’s barking. When I got up I breathed not fresh air and could accidentally step on a puddle of pee. Maybe it’s a little off topic as in my case it is more about not living with parents.
hft
post Jan 25 2020, 11:57 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(BLKH3 @ Dec 7 2019, 07:52 PM)
What do females think about living with in laws after marriage?
I know in the West, people value independence. But we are Asians.

Let me know your comments.
Inviting trouble? Find own place even it’s small.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:42 PM