Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Business Florist Business

views

TSmanix5
post Dec 6 2019, 09:21 AM, updated 5y ago

10 posts

hi all ,

Wife is working on to open online florist business.

delivery to Selangor and KL . Based at Home.

for now we will delivery the flowers and trying to find courier service that do flower delivery also.

Any one can share few things that might get us ready or challenges we might face that we are not aware of it.
Currently the investment is around 5k. anyone can hint on profit range we can target.

Thank you ..
harak_84
post Dec 6 2019, 09:41 AM

Getting Started
259 posts

maybe start with FB and Instagram marketing...try to invest in this marketing platform first...and as usual check the market price and differentiate you with other competitors...dont put many item or inventory keep close eye on this... cause your business is the inventory is the key of the profit/loss...

get the customer based data...mean existing customers make sure you have their contacts such as email or HP number so you are able to remind them on a special date...hahahha...repeat customer like a gold mine...

This post has been edited by harak_84: Dec 6 2019, 09:43 AM
TSmanix5
post Dec 6 2019, 09:53 AM

10 posts

@harak_84 , thanks for the input man.
Yeah setting up FB and Instagram for marketing , targeting customer from there for the moment.
sure will take note on customer data ..
MUM
post Dec 6 2019, 10:08 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,207 posts

QUOTE(manix5 @ Dec 6 2019, 09:21 AM)
hi all ,

for now we will delivery the flowers and trying to find courier service that do flower delivery also.

Any one can share few things that might get us ready or challenges we might face that we are not aware of it.
Currently the investment is around 5k. anyone can hint on profit range we can target.

Thank you ..
if you products is carry able by motorcycle and your shipment start from KV....than try contact TS of this recent thread....

"Hi all. I am planning for a new startup.....I don't have any experience in business, so I need to consult forum members who have expertise on these:
Actually, I am planning for a motorcycle-delivery service to residents and business owners in Klang Valley."
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4873339

profit range?...I think it depends on your target customers and the kind of "wow' factor of your products and also the pricing.....thus I am not sure.

get your business registered as I am sure corporate customers would really want receipts that can claim tax deduction.

mini orchard
post Dec 6 2019, 10:33 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

hi all ,

Thank you ..
Courier delivery are 'rough' handlers.

You need a dedicated guy to do it. A good contact of a taxi driver, that is how most florists operate.
TSmanix5
post Dec 6 2019, 10:36 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Dec 6 2019, 10:08 AM)
if you products is carry able by motorcycle and your shipment start from KV....than try contact TS of this recent thread....

"Hi all. I am planning for a new startup.....I don't have any experience in business, so I need to consult forum members who have expertise on these:
Actually, I am planning for a motorcycle-delivery service to residents and business owners in Klang Valley."
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4873339

profit range?...I think it depends on your target customers and the kind of "wow' factor of your products and also the pricing.....thus I am not sure.

get your business registered as I am sure corporate customers would really want receipts that can claim tax deduction.
he seem not ready yet, will contact him to get the details .

Business registered and bank account opened. trying to do as professional as possible.

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Dec 6 2019, 10:33 AM)
Courier delivery are 'rough' handlers.

You need a dedicated guy to do it. A good contact of a taxi driver, that is how most florists operate.
ah, ok i will look into that option also .

thanks
abcn1n
post Dec 6 2019, 03:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,379 posts

hi all ,

Thank you ..
Make friends with funeral parlours and churches. Some churches need flowers every week. When people die, they will order flowers.
tkwfriend
post Dec 6 2019, 11:55 PM

I always doubt and always something goes wrong
1,828 posts

For delivery I could help out. As we help people to deliver cakes, flower. Most important 2 date will make you forward or lost is valentine day and mother day. For this 2 day, I deliver more then 130 a day continue with 3 day which is pre to post. Total deliver on this 2 could total up to 2k per festive
Ducky Blooms P
post Jul 2 2020, 01:26 PM

Probation
1 posts

Ducky Blooms is a florist marketplace in KL & Selangor, Malaysia for people to sell and buy flowers conveniently. Visit https://www.duckyblooms.com for more information.

If your wife is interested to list her products on Ducky Blooms platform for free, do reach out to us by expressing interest here:
https://duckyblooms.typeform.com/to/NfhBoi

Cheers!

blackflam
post Dec 17 2020, 09:25 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

hi all ,

Thank you ..
I myself run a flower delivery services in Kota Kinabalu Sabah, happyflorist.my

Been running this Shopify-based service in July 2020, average only getting 15-20 orders per month.

@TS, you able to launch your store? and are you able to share your experience with us? Many thanks!!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:20 PM