Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

RON95 EURO 4M on 1/1/2020, Do you think it will be implemented?

Do you think the govt will stick to their guns on the deadline, or will they succumb to the pressure by the oil companies (again)?

Yes, I have hope for this govt! [ 55 ] ** [39.29%]
No, I have no hope for this govt... [ 58 ] ** [41.43%]
RON95 can go EURO2M forever, I don't care [ 17 ] ** [12.14%]
TS bodo, childish like hell [ 10 ] ** [7.14%]
Total Votes: 140
Guests cannot vote 
views

MR_alien
post Dec 5 2019, 11:12 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Dec 5 2019, 08:51 AM)
When RON95 is expected to be more expensive after lifting of subsidy, I don't think we'll see Euro IV in 2020.
BHP is already 3M
no difference in price
MR_alien
post Dec 5 2019, 02:44 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Dec 5 2019, 02:40 PM)
Euro 4M should be more expensive to produce compared with 3M?
it's just a process
in long term, should be no difference at all

if it's way more expensive, thn why BHP still sell at same price

plus the facilities is already being built + our neighboring countries have all moved to euro 5 already(although some uses RON92)

This post has been edited by MR_alien: Dec 5 2019, 02:45 PM
MR_alien
post Dec 5 2019, 03:38 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Dec 5 2019, 02:51 PM)
Euro 3M isn't Euro 4M, so I'm not sure if you can compare the cost of producing 3M with that of 4M.

If Euro 4M is not more expensive, why won't the oil companies start offering at same price? When you remove more sulphur from gasoline, you need extra treating facility (Merox, Merichem or whatever). You need caustic solution (NaOH) or whatever the new technology requires. The spent caustic has to be regenerated and not all its strength can be recovered so you need to top up with fresh caustic solution all the time.
Then you have to recover the sulphur and dispose of the sulphur. These need additional CAPEX (new vessels, pumps, pipings) and OPEX (electricity to run the pumps, caustic solution procurement, etc)
it's just a process
we never start offering is because all our factory standard is still under 2m
in order to start selling 4m or 5...all the equipment has to be upgraded/brand new

it's never more expensive or cheap, they won't know because it's just a process for them(filter oil)
but in order to do that, they need new equipment since ours are stuck at 2m
but the 4M's factory is built...so they can start process out euro 4m fuel

problem with malaysia is, we never future proof anything...not just O&G....other industry included
when time to upgrade, the whole thing needs to be replaced entirely
and "that" cost alot of money which is why people feel like it's expensive

This post has been edited by MR_alien: Dec 5 2019, 03:40 PM
MR_alien
post Dec 5 2019, 04:52 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Dec 5 2019, 04:37 PM)
I cannot agree with your last paragraph. It takes money to future proof any plants. If you build a new gasoil desulphuriser today, will you cater for the specification expected in the near future, or do you look 30 years ahead and go for a plant that can do zero ppm of sulphur at the same run length?
You'll need bigger reactor, bigger furnace, bigger compressors. And when you run at 10ppm mode, you're underitilizing your capex and possibly not operating efficiently.

There's a process called debottlenecking where you upgrade the plant when it's necessary. Or sometimes you build a new plant because it's more economical. An example is the Hijau project by then- Shell PD.
so does this mean every country in this world is doing it wrongly?
and we're the only ones doing it correctly??...and should maintain at 2m? laugh.gif

our cost can only be based on the new machinery already because instead of upgrade....we need a new plant to product 4m fuel which is already being build

sometimes i wonder, why other countries especially our neighboring countries can while we can't because somehow everything is just wrong
last time slogan is malaysia boleh, now it seem everybody boleh...we tak boleh instead laugh.gif

cost will surely be increased but by how much?...there is also no point buying a euro 5 compliant car/engine but we can only pump 2m fuel into it...isn't it?(this part is same as your concept of "underutilizing" as well)
MR_alien
post Dec 25 2019, 04:03 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Dec 25 2019, 05:52 AM)
Wow no U-Turn. Surprising. I wonder how come this time it didn’t u-turn.

I’m going to continue going to Petronas. And next year rotate with Caltex.
why would they U-turn
1. this plan has be overdue since a long time ago...our neighboring countries are all using euro 5 for few years already bro
2. the plant for E4M is already being built...why would someone U-turn it and let the new refinery unused?
3. it's better for our environment

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0385sec    0.14    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:04 AM