Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honda City 2014 weird squealing or chirping sound

views

TSben18181
post Nov 30 2019, 02:31 PM, updated 5y ago

4 posts

My Honda City 2014 is making weird squealing and chirping sound when I switched to D gear from idling. It makes the sound as well when i am releasing my throttle. I went to workshop for checking but they told me its normal. Besides that, i can feel my door shaking when my car is idling. Can someone tell me what is the problem. Is it related to the belting? Thanks.

This post has been edited by ben18181: Nov 30 2019, 02:33 PM
TSben18181
post Dec 7 2019, 07:08 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Dec 1 2019, 12:22 AM)
it could be, it could be related to cooling as well but i would check the transmission as honda auto isnt great.

did you change your ATF fluid regularly as defined by manual (cant remember exactly if its every 2,3 or 4th service). My parents might have the same car but so far no problems with the transmission, but thats because i drive them around a lot and always put the gear to N when stopped at the lights or in traffic.

If you havent changed the timing belts you might want to consider doing so as your car is already 6 years old. Mileage may not help as its usually a combination of both mileage + time your car is on but idle.

The trans is cooled too for auto so check your cooling as well, it could be the cooling belt might need to be replaced or not spinning properly.

Honda city 2014 uses timing chain right? Can i now the price range of timing chain?

TSben18181
post Dec 15 2019, 02:51 AM

4 posts

Just change the spark plug in the previous service
QUOTE(AllnGap @ Dec 11 2019, 10:01 PM)
Check belt, check belt tensioner

Rough idle maybe need to do throttle body cleaning or spray some chemical into intake.

If problem still there might be worn spark plugs or even coil not in good shape causing misfire so the engine vibrate excessively.

Check back your service manual or receipt see when was the last time you change spark plugs.
Usually spark plugs are the culprit
TSben18181
post Dec 15 2019, 02:57 AM

4 posts

Alternator pulley costs how much ya? And is alternator pulley and belt tensioner the same thing? Sorry cause i dont really know about cars.
QUOTE(rooney723 @ Dec 12 2019, 07:55 AM)
if squealing sound then most likely is belt ledi, and your car vibrates too right? i faced the same problem n in the end found out its the alternator pulley problem, it jammed n caused all the squealing noise n vibrations

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:55 PM