Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Are toilet flush pumps changeable?

views

TSKuzumiTaiga
post Nov 30 2019, 01:10 PM, updated 5y ago

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,283 posts

Hi, my new house came with sericite toilets, and they're stupid.

Stains within days and weak flushing (often need to double flush) despite holding the button, malu only until guest come also made remark that the flush is slow. Big difference vs friend's house that came with Toto fittings.

Wondering if the internal tank flush mechanism can be changed to other brands? Or have to change the whole toilet bowl?

Damn sien coz reno over already didn't plan on this.

lucifah
post Nov 30 2019, 01:33 PM

St. Fu
Group Icon
Staff
7,932 posts

yeah,

they are called cistern

u just need to know which one fit, basically the hole in your wc - either 40 or 50mm

and the height of the water closet, and the type of pushers

easiest way is to take out your existing cistern and go to a hardware shop to buy

a good one will cost you about rm 30 - 50

Gold Dolphin and Techplas are good malaysian brands one.

example: https://shopee.com.my/GOLD-DOLPHIN(GDA2002S...0121.2341980757

This post has been edited by lucifah: Nov 30 2019, 01:36 PM
aeiou228
post Nov 30 2019, 03:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Nov 30 2019, 01:10 PM)

Stains within days and weak flushing (often need to double flush) despite holding the button, malu only until guest come also made remark that the flush is slow. Big difference vs friend's house that came with Toto fittings.

Wondering if the internal tank flush mechanism can be changed to other brands? Or have to change the whole toilet bowl?

Can your WC adjust the water inlet stopper to allow more water storage in the tank tank ?
TSKuzumiTaiga
post Nov 30 2019, 04:56 PM

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,283 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Nov 30 2019, 03:33 PM)
Can your WC adjust the water inlet stopper to allow more water storage in the tank tank ?
Tank already almost full, any higher it will touch the button already. Problem is that when you press it, water flushes slowly rather than quickly
aeiou228
post Nov 30 2019, 05:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Nov 30 2019, 04:56 PM)
Tank already almost full, any higher it will touch the button already. Problem is that when you press it, water flushes slowly rather than quickly
Possible to adjust the level of flushing opening ?
DarkNite
post Dec 6 2019, 10:41 AM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Nov 30 2019, 04:56 PM)
Inside picture have? Prefer picture of the inside incoming water valve and the flush pump.
The water container are smaller these days to save water.
imbibug
post Dec 6 2019, 07:21 PM

Regular
1,670 posts

Sounds like there is some sediment buildup which might be affecting the flushing especially when theres stains. Take a look inside the water tank.
Ironmen1987 P
post Dec 7 2019, 11:22 AM

Probation
14 posts

QUOTE(lucifah @ Nov 30 2019, 01:33 PM)
yeah,

they are called cistern

u just need to know which one fit, basically the hole in your wc - either 40 or 50mm

and the height of the water closet, and the type of pushers

easiest way is to take out your existing cistern and go to a hardware shop to buy

a good one will cost you about rm 30 - 50

Gold Dolphin and Techplas are good malaysian brands one.
example: https://shopee.com.my/GOLD-DOLPHIN(GDA2002S...0121.2341980757
nice.. thumbup.gif

halcyon27
post Dec 28 2019, 03:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

Incoming water quality issue causing tangki to be full of mud and sediments? How old is the house? If older than 25 years, most likely it's galvanized iron pipes in the plumbing system. They will rust inside and reduced flow rate with brown rust particles floating all over the place. Your clothes washing may be affected also.

This flushing is upstairs or downstairs toilet? Upstairs toilet without pump, refill times can be longer.

Toto fittings use high quality flushing components e.g. Geberit inside them. There are many flush components manufacturers....Flushmaster, Wirquin, Geberit, etc. As forumer lucifah pointed out, determine if the Sericite model uses 40 or 50mm outlet. Once you do, you can get the one fitting your model.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Dec 28 2019, 03:40 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0115sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:15 PM