Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 06 Toyota Avanza, Can it even reach 100 ?

views

TSSotsotzaii
post Nov 29 2019, 05:23 PM, updated 2w ago

Enthusiast
834 posts

So I'm driving a toyota avanza, not too familiar with the car as it's not mine to begin with, it's my grandma's as she gave it to us. And on Sunday my family and i are about to drive this avanza to port dickson, which is a long distance trip. I'm having trouble or maybe I should say, feeling scared even reaching the speed of 100km/h. Because as I drove around 80-90, i can feel the steering wheel and the whole car just feeling abit shaky , and the sound of the engine doesn't makes it better. The sound of the engine is like the whole car is going to break apart. Is it because of the car not having done proper alignment / balancing ? But then again I'm not too sure, hence asking for advice here, all 4 tyres are new, just serviced the car last few months. All in all, in general, for people who drives a year 06 or below avanza, can it reach 120 and drive constantly without issue ?

This post has been edited by Sotsotzaii: Nov 29 2019, 05:23 PM
nebula87
post Nov 29 2019, 05:24 PM

Fg = mg
798 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Nov 29 2019, 05:23 PM)
So I'm driving a toyota avanza, not too familiar with the car as it's not mine to begin with, it's my grandma's as she gave it to us. And on Sunday my family and i are about to drive this avanza to port dickson, which is a long distance trip. I'm having trouble or maybe I should say, feeling scared even reaching the speed of 100km/h. Because as I drove around 80-90, i can feel the steering wheel and the whole car just feeling abit shaky , and the sound of the engine doesn't makes it better. The sound of the engine is like the whole car is going to break apart. Is it because of the car not having done proper alignment / balancing ? But then again I'm not too sure, hence asking for advice here, all 4 tyres are new, just serviced the car last few months. All in all, in general, for people who drives a year 06 or below avanza, can it reach 120 and drive constantly without issue ?
Bring to workshop for full inspections.
budang
post Nov 29 2019, 05:39 PM

Casual
428 posts

A well maintained Toyota Avanza 1.3 should be able to cruise at 120km/h without issue, be it 5 or 15 years old. Even a 20+ year old proton wira or saga can cruise at well above 120kmh without issue if maintained well.

Better bring your car to workshop and ask the foremen to test drive the vehicle to rectify the problem.
SleeplessEyes
post Nov 29 2019, 05:58 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
935 posts

My guess that maybe there is something not right with your drive ahaft.
Driveable but probably best to reduce your speed until it gets fixed.

And also Avanza engine is only 1.3L, the same engine used in old Myvi
hence the gear ratio is rather short.
110 the engine is already at 3700Rpm imagine 120.

BTW, from Klang Valley to Port Dickson isnt that really long distance.
It's when you talk about going to I. e Kuantan, Penang, Johor then only I count it as long distance.
abubin
post Nov 29 2019, 06:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,204 posts

No problem with driving the car for long distance. Just send it to workshop and have it fully inspected. Also check the alignment since you said it is shaky at above 80km/h. While you are at it, inspect the suspension too. This car is known to have bad suspension. The rear is very bad if you do not maintain it properly and for long distance it will make the people at the back feeling discomfort.
TSSotsotzaii
post Nov 29 2019, 06:37 PM

Enthusiast
834 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Nov 29 2019, 05:58 PM)
My guess that maybe there is something not right with your drive ahaft.
Driveable but probably best to reduce your speed until it gets fixed.

And also Avanza engine is only 1.3L, the same engine used in old Myvi
hence the gear ratio is rather short.
110 the engine is already at 3700Rpm imagine 120.

BTW, from Klang Valley to Port Dickson isnt that really long distance.
It's when you talk about going to I. e Kuantan,  Penang, Johor then only I count it as long distance.
Yup, im from JB, gonna be driving from JB to PD. I see, will get my car checked for full inspection tmr.
TSSotsotzaii
post Nov 29 2019, 06:37 PM

Enthusiast
834 posts

Thanks for the replies ! It's really helpful, already have the intention to bring to workshop to check before driving for this long distance.
zeng
post Nov 29 2019, 08:50 PM

Enthusiast
917 posts

Check your engine rpm vs speed, as you may be driving with ' OD OFF' with amber colour display on dashboard?
My 2005 Avanza is normal at :
100 km/hr at 3400 rpm;
140 km/hr at 4700 rpm.
150 km/hr ? Haven't tried yet.

Edit:Automatic transmission.

This post has been edited by zeng: Nov 29 2019, 08:51 PM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0338sec    5.75    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 07:40 PM