Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kill Switch Installation, Which shop got install such switch

views

TStrespasser
post Nov 29 2019, 07:46 AM, updated 5y ago

43 posts

Hi all. Want to know which shops around Klang Valley got provide kill switch installation to fuel pump?

So far the shops I asked is either didnt have such services, overpriced (some charging RM150 and above even if I provide the materials) and not willing to invest the manpower to do it because too much hassle and earn little.

And yes I lazy to DIY. Appreciate all the input.
TStrespasser
post Nov 29 2019, 09:03 AM

43 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Nov 29 2019, 08:31 AM)
same gang hehehe
Btw why need kill switch for car?
Theft deterrent.

QUOTE(babylonmonster48 @ Nov 29 2019, 08:25 AM)
Damm. RM150 you also said expensive. If I were foreman also will not do for you. Want custom job but not willing to pay customise price.
Its ok. You don't have to do it for me then, if you are the said foreman that is.
TStrespasser
post Nov 29 2019, 11:05 AM

43 posts

QUOTE(bo093 @ Nov 29 2019, 09:05 AM)
Seem overpriced for sure, but depends how you want it.
Even with materials provided.
Basically an additional normally open (NO) switch connecting between ignition switch and fuel pump. Nothing fancy.

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Nov 29 2019, 09:21 AM)
What if they use tow truck?
Whenever possible try not to park at places that's susceptible to towing. If that's happen, well, God's Will. At least I did what I can.

QUOTE(dodgemk2 @ Nov 29 2019, 10:35 AM)
just buy a switch, look for your ecu diagram, cut the fuel wire and connect it to the switch. hide the switch somewhere hidden.

budget rm5.
Agree. Just that I'm not familiar with car electrical stuff so prefer to exercise caution. It will be the last option when other avenues are exhausted.
Appreciate your suggestion though. Thanks.
TStrespasser
post Nov 29 2019, 02:37 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(Eternalgl0ry @ Nov 29 2019, 11:32 AM)
Lol thats an old tech probably... Havent heard of this since 10 years ago

just get katsanaGPS and you are good to go. They also have a immobilizer option something like a kill switch that stops the car
Like another forumer said if RM150 custom job I also dont want to pay, what's more for an advanced GPS tracking services? sweat.gif

QUOTE(abubin @ Nov 29 2019, 11:48 AM)
I think RM100 would be reasonable if you can find. Sometimes something might be simple but it take experience and years to learn. So please do not under estimated skills. Just like how you are willing to pay for expensive food. It's just using same material and cook only. When you pay so much when next door hawker stall charge cheaper with same material. Or course you can DIY also but you didn't and don't want to.
Agree with your analogy. Managed to found one shop able to do it under RM100 earlier afternoon so case closed.

QUOTE(e-lite @ Nov 29 2019, 01:43 PM)
Open your fuse box. Unplug the fuse that says fuel pump.

That's free advice. Now be grateful and say thank you
Thank you. Merci. Arigatou. Terima kasih. Gracias notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Nov 29 2019, 01:46 PM)
The first time I DIY my car kill switch, I also not familiar with my car wiring especially at the ecu there, so what I did is find out which socket at the engine bay was the socket for the crank sensor, tested by disconnecting it with the engine running and if the engine turned off, it's the correct socket. Pulled a wire all the way from the engine bay to the interior of the car and installed my switch. I used a household light switch lagi laugh.gif
DIY stuff is fun and I shared that sentiment. I mostly DIY non electrical stuff but when comes to electrical wiring I prefer let ppl with familiar knowledge to do it. Got past experience dealing with such cases and just pain in the *** dealing with aftermath.
TStrespasser
post Dec 4 2019, 12:42 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(Vervain @ Dec 1 2019, 12:38 AM)
new or old car.
Old

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:17 PM