Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Physics, How to start learning

views

TSereboskid
post Nov 25 2019, 11:47 AM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
122 posts

Hi guys, im interested in the topic but having a hard time to grasp the concept. Maybe u guys can share a tip how to be good at it.

ps: Not related to any specific topic, but to be strong in fundamental so that its easier to tackle the hard topic when it comes

cheers

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
hft
post Nov 25 2019, 11:49 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

very easy, dont be lazy only.
cassian948
post Nov 25 2019, 11:57 AM

Enthusiast
889 posts

School level physics or in general knowledge of physics?

School won't teach you what is quantum tunnelling.
TSereboskid
post Nov 25 2019, 12:09 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

QUOTE(cassian948 @ Nov 25 2019, 11:57 AM)
School level physics or in general knowledge of physics?

School won't teach you what is quantum tunnelling.
yeah, school level physics, i try to read text book but damn sleepy, i just thought there are some other way to learn it, maybe by doing simple experiment, maybe u know the best teachers online website, just mention the name, ill look for it
iSean
post Nov 25 2019, 05:16 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(ereboskid @ Nov 25 2019, 11:47 AM)
Hi guys, im interested in the topic but having a hard time to grasp the concept. Maybe u guys can share a tip how to be good at it.

ps: Not related to any specific topic, but to be strong in fundamental so that its easier to tackle the hard topic when it comes

cheers

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
Physics is interesting.
But there's a lot of concepts that most school teachers skimp out on, or students failed to realize, which only make it hard to score.

Try pick up various workbooks and references.
Especially those topical past year papers offered by IGCSE and O level.

Hopefully you find interest in studying rather than just study for the sake to progress for a degree.
E-Tan
post Nov 25 2019, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

QUOTE(ereboskid @ Nov 25 2019, 11:47 AM)

cheers

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
Textbook very hard to study physics (for me) lah. But videos and (free) online courses helped a lot!
knight_hawk
post Nov 25 2019, 08:34 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

Lots of physics videos online. Check syllabus for specific topics then search youtube for the topic, many interesting videos. Also bbc bitesize is nice. Khan academy as well, but find it a bit boring. Join kahoot to try out fun quizzes.
Kudoshi
post Dec 5 2019, 10:11 AM

Getting Started
125 posts

This i can finally answer. I am a SPM candidate 2019

First and foremost. Throw away your textbook. I have never ever seen someone use a physic textbook.

1. Buy a reference book
- Reference book are good for memorizing and understanding calculations and how it is used. I would recommend SUCCESS's reference book as the book is the best you can get. It is complete with exam watch and short practises.

2. Go for tuisyen
- Personally, i feel teachers at school are most of the time useless af unless you get a good one. Last year, i got an E for my physics however after attending a good tuisyen that made me interested in Physics, i can safely say i would be able to achieve atleast a B+ and above. Seriously, you need a good teacher to make you understand concept.

Physics is more like you need to understand why and how this concept apply. You need a good teacher to show you how and why. If you don't understand the how and why, your physics basically GG. You can't memorize the whole reference book and hope you can get good score because in SPM . you will have to understand and apply the concept to answer the questions. Find a good teacher that can make you interested in Physics. A teacher that can make you see the wonders of Physics and how fun Physics can be and not a teacher that just make you memorize facts after facts without explaining why and how.

3. Find a friend you can discuss Physics concept with

I used to debate with my friend what Physics concept is applied when i do such things and what formula i can use. This really helps you to remember what concept can be applied and how and why it is like that. As an example, when i see something floats on water, i point to it and ask what concept is applied and how. We would go on debating on which concept and why and how it is applied here. When we are both not sure, we will again check the reference book. Of course, we don't do this much but it helps if you do it once in a while with your friends.
usop8290
post Dec 5 2019, 12:06 PM

Enthusiast
998 posts

you can get the fundamental from youtube. Different speaker will explain in different perspective. Analogy is also important in understanding the physics

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0109sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:33 AM